Audiovox to purchase the Klipsch group

Rick

BTW, those "$400" CW's in bethesda presumably went to the "highest" bidder. when the guy returned my email as to their availability, he told me the bids were at $475 and climbing. still a great price, but they didn't go for $400, and the d***head never intended to sell them for that.

of course i'm assuming we're talking about the same listing on c-list.

That could be the same listing (it was indeed on Craigslist where I saw it). I don't recall all the details and a recent look shows the listing is now gone. Sucks that seller was trying to make an auction out of it. Typically, when I see a listing for some X number of dollars, that is what I typically expect to pay. If he wanted to turn it into a bidding war, he should've put it on eBay (but than again, eBay would've charged him for the listing).

And some general thoughts not related to the above quoted post.....

Anyway, to get back on topic of this post, I am still in the "the jury is still out" on this whole Audiovox thing. However, we can only hope that if this comes to fruition that the Audiovox guys don't end up running Klipsch name into the ground. Unfortunatly, history does not seem to bear that out, but all we can really do is see and wait. It is not like my RF-7s are going to sound any different. However, I'll have to admit that I remember seeing all the "prophecies of doom" that occured here when it was announced that Klipsch was being sold in Best Buy. Seems, in the end, that did indeed turn out to be a more positive thing than a negative thing.

Plus really? Did we really need to drag Clinton and Bush into all this? Must everything have to be turned political?

Plus really? Did we really need to drag Clinton and Bush into all this? Must everything have to be turned political?

For my part (and I'm sure PM's) it had nothing to do with politics. He's the world's most prominent Hope native (there's the relevance), and the set-up was too tempting... I'm only here for the laughs!

For my part (and I'm sure PM's) it had nothing to do with politics. He's the world's most prominent Hope native (there's the relevance), and the set-up was too tempting... I'm only here for the laughs!

...point well taken.

A lot of passion and emotion in this thread and for Klipsch. We all know why and completely understand.

It is 2011 and things are much different than they were when PWK developed "Klipsch" and the Mighty Khorn. None of us can say fore sure what he would want and any guess would be just that. So, I will remain positive, 'cause I don't have any other choice. Klipsch is not my company and nobody calls me on these decisions. I think Fred wants whats best. Whether it is for Klipsch or for Fred, that is out of my hands.

The one thing I know fore sure is that things change. Lets hope and for those inclined to Pray, lets do that too, that things work out for the Best. Whatever that may be!

Dennie

Anyone want some Popcorn?

lurk.gificon_beer.gif

Regardless of how all of this ends up, my only real concern is for the Klipsch employees in this country keeping their jobs. We don't have anything vested in this at all with the exception of our love for what Paul W. did over the years for the industry and the listener. I'm glad I purchased my first set a couple of years ago, I'm glad that I have acquired many sets since that time, I'm glad I got into the heritage line, I'm glad I found this forum and a ton of great people that have helped me on this journey. [:D]

Klipsch is not my company and nobody calls me on these decisions.

Really? They called me but I was speachless....so they hung up. Stick out tongue

I'm sure that is exactly how it would go if my phone rang and it was "Klipsch"! eek.gif

But I should add, if they need me, I'm on my way! layrubber.gif I should also add, if they need "ME", they have much bigger problems! helpsos.gif

Dennie

Regardless of how all of this ends up, my only real concern is for the Klipsch employees in this country keeping their jobs. We don't have anything vested in this at all with the exception of our love for what Paul W. did over the years for the industry and the listener. I'm glad I purchased my first set a couple of years ago, I'm glad that I have acquired many sets since that time, I'm glad I got into the heritage line, I'm glad I found this forum and a ton of great people that have helped me on this journey. Big Smile

Amen.

Not politics at all. Just looking for some humor at a dark time.

For the record, I like both Bill and Dubya (being as they are now friends, it would be senseless to like one without liking the other).

I have mine, I will play them quietly and conservatively upon hearing this. They will last until they fall apart. I will replace the drivers as they fail, and hopefully I can preserve the woody sound with high-quality speakers and drivers. I'm just so glad I bought the ones I did when I had the chance, at a reasonably good price.

Thirty years ago if you told someone that you had Klipsch, they would say "WOW" with respect. Now, with dealers being few and far between, if you mention Klipsch they relate to what they listened to at Best Buy.

For those concerned about reduced quility......... Not to worry as long as R&D, engineering, and the manufacture of Heritage and Pro Cinema lines are continued in Hope by the people that are already in place. The sell-out of quality audio happened some time ago. If you are going to worry, don't do it for the outdoor speaker that looks like a rock, ear bud's, and low-fi cube HT systems. Ya know? Who cares and what's the difference?

In todays world there are only a few Klipsch lines that display the standard of excellence in the real concept of Klipsch. I can't say that I don't understand ............it's the money.......... But again, that has already happened. The sale should be no big deal to the consumer.

tc

Martin Logan are going through the same angst as it appears Klipsch Group is at the moment. I know you guys are concerned, but at the end of the day, nobody outside of the boardroom has any control over what's going to happen.

In saying that, I hope we're not going to have the situation of; 'Klipsch today, gone tomorrow!'

I just found this post and I must say I am floored. I have just gotten into Klipsch. I bought my first Klipsch speaker (RC-52) at a high end audio store just north of Chicago (ABT). I was so excited when I brought it home and set it up. I honestly couldn't believe my ears. I could hear the dialog for once, and everything just seemed that much clearer. I have lost a bit of my hearing over the years of loud music and screaming airplane engines. I needed a speaker like this.

And now I fear that my ride into Klipschdom may be cut short. [:'(] I want to experience all the magic of the heritage, reference, and legend speakers. I hope that they continue to be available for some time to come. But I have this terrible feeling in pit of my stomach that prices are going to soar, and supply is going to dry up. Sounds like some sort of dooms day scenario. I feel like it could be a very real thing soon. So let's keep our fingers crossed, and pray to whatever you pray to that Klipsch will remain the great company it is. If not, I would like to say that I am looking for a pair of Cornwalls, a pair of Heresys, a RC-7, a pair of RF-7's, some KLF-30's, a pair of Khorns, a pair of La Scalas, and a pair of Belles. Hope I didn't forget any. Guess I can use this money I had saved for a downpayment on a house. [H]

I feel like it could be a very real thing soon. So let's keep our fingers crossed, and pray to whatever you pray to that Klipsch will remain the great company it is. If not, I would like to say that I am looking for a pair of Cornwalls, a pair of Heresys, a RC-7, a pair of RF-7's, some KLF-30's, a pair of Khorns, a pair of La Scalas, and a pair of Belles. Hope I didn't forget any. Guess I can use this money I had saved for a downpayment on a house. Cool

Oh man, that gave me the best laugh I have had all day! Good to be lookin' out for number one! rolling.gif

I don't think the doors are going to be closed tomorrow. And, there is always the used market. [*-)]

Dennie

Guess I can use this money I had saved for a downpayment on a house. Cool

I'd get the house first or a good pair of used Cornwalls, LaScalas, Bellse, or Khorns. They'll be available used for years even IF Klipsch quits making them tomorrow. We're all running around like chickens with our heads cut off panicing and we don't yet know that anything is going to change.