Audiovox to purchase the Klipsch group

Rick

The last paragraph does say a lot........but do you want to pay the cost of a Cornwall that is made in China??

As I fear if this sale goes thru they will not be made here any longer. It's all about the bottom line $$$

Glad I have "real" Klipsch Cornwall and Heresy speakers that are made in the USA.

The last paragraph does say a lot........but do you want to pay the cost of a Cornwall that is made in China??

As I fear if this sale goes thru they will not be made here any longer. It's all about the bottom line $$$

Glad I have "real" Klipsch Cornwall and Heresy speakers that are made in the USA.

BMW's made in the U.S., Harley parts made in Mexico, Kilpsch MAYBE China owned. Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

BMW's made in the U.S., Harley parts made in Mexico, Kilpsch MAYBE China owned. Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!

Real "end of the world type stuff!"

post-32793-1381963527535_thumb.png

Taken form a legal documents website

The non-binding agreements are designed to crate clear understanding between the parties to the agreement on agreement reached between them, without creating legal binding on either party. This is helpful in many situations. For example, contracts for purchase of big complicated projects can be lengthy and complicated. Further the seller may have to invest considerable effort time and money in obtaining all the details to be included in a contract that is legal binding. In such a situation the supplier may not be willing to go ahead with contract finalization activities without the some assurance from the purchaser that the project order will be awarded to them. For this purpose the purchaser may issue a letter of intention of purchase that contains incorporates the details of terms of purchased till then.

Also contracts which permit each party to withdraw from the agreed arrangements also becomes a non-binding agreement.

Mass Hysteria would be Corvette's made in Japan. :-) I stopped buying H-D when AMF purchased them. Will this sale cost more American jobs going overseas? Human sacriface??? Do you like seeing less products made in America?

That would be a resounding NO!!!!

Look at what Klipsch features on their home page most often: ear buds, i-thingys and htib's. That stuff is not that far removed from Audiovox territory already!

What's once-great A-R reduced to now? Interconnects? That's all I can think of, anyway. Advent used to be one of the largest selling speakers in the USA. I owned a pair myself, as a lot of folks here did. And even Jensen had some really nice mid-level speakers at one time. I can't think of any Jensen products today.

Of course, all the hand-wringing could be over nothing. Perhaps Audiopox will leave Klipsch alone for the most part...and not sully the brand...and not kill off the heritage line...and not shut down the Hope facility. After all, there's always "Hope".

The cold, hard truth is that our beloved, traditional 2-channel world of big, honkin' (no pun intended) speakers is ever shrinking. Too many gurlie-men letting their significant others rule the roost, banishing those "big, honkin' speakers to the family room...then the man-cave...and then to the garage on their way to the curb. Too much competition for a smaller pie. Competition from video, gaming, computer this and that. Most younger folk today just don't seem too interested in tradional hi-fi. At least not to the extent that they are willing to lay out big bucks for it instead of throwing money at the latest i-crap.

Another point: The Klipsch we all know and love was really one man and his vision. Paul W. Klipsch and his mighty klipschorn, the belle klipsch, the la scala, the cornwall, the heresy. NOTHING since those iconic designs has really inspired legions of fans or has been worthy of building a legacy on. I'm not knocking the newer stuff at all, but you know what I mean. Those old models are truly legendary. And even if klipsch pulls the plug on them, not that they will necessarily, but if they did, they will live on as cherished and sought after classics and also I'm sure there would be many diy plans for them available even as there already are for some.

Wow! Lots of doom and gloom here. I thought nearly every company has been doing it tough. Even my beloved Harley Davidson has had to downsize. Even if Audiovox does acquire the majority share holding in the Klipsch Group, there is no way they're going to break it up. Klipsch will continue on as before, maybe better, more efficient, more innovative, and you may find that Klipsch will have a little more money for R&D. In fact the change in the majority shareholding may very well cement the future of the Heritage line - and the job futures of Klipsch employees.

Does anyone remember what happened to Harley Davidson once AMF got ahold of them?

They expanded, built a factory in Pennsylvania, sold more bikes than ever before, designed the Evolution series bikes, HD dealers made lots of money, then the employees bought the company. Still going strong and setting sales records.

I agree! They went from making out dated un-reliable over priced bikes. To making less un-reliable but still over priced bikes... ;)

• Moderators

AMERICAN ICON ................ owned and restored them for 40 years. I drive my American made Vette every day. Klipsch Cornwall..another American Icon ............. made in another country............. Sad.

If it were up to the Cornwall and the other Heritage products to keep Klipsch going it would have shut down many years ago.

What has kept Hope open is the Commercial theater line of speakers and some of the RF line.

If Klipsch is sold or not does not determine much, Hope was almost shut down in the past, if it's Fred Klipsch or another company, they will do what they think is best for themselves, just as you would and do everyday.

The only problem I would have with any of this is if a self made legend and his work which built this company would be tossed away with the employees. The ONLY speaker still in production for well over 60 years should stand for something, even if it's just for advertising and a few sales here and there, no one else can claim that legend.

Perhaps the Hope plant will be sold off to Disney, and made into a theme park, complete with an animatronic PWK...Can you imagine the thrill ride through the museum basement, as the flood waters rush in? Kiddie rides on the anechoic chamber turntable?

I am hoping for a mcintosh type of situation rather than altec lansing type. let's hope that they support continued growth and improvement of our beloved products and not the pure exploitation of the brand name with products not worthy. fingers crossed here. Tony

You can still get AltecLansing stuff from Great Plains Audio, brand new. The LaScala blows wasy the A500 Voice of the theater in a much smaller box.

Altec had it's day from the forties to seventies. I owned many of their VOT products, but there's much better stuff today from Klipsch Pro and from Danley.

I will beg to differ here as well. We have been diversifying and growing, not declining. Our mission is to have "best in class" audio in all price points. If we're going to be in Wal-Mart, we'll make the best product Wal-Mart has to offer. That's our philosophy. It doesn't mean we will abandon hi-end audio, quite the contrary. The Palladium, Reference and Heritage lines are still in full production mode with no plans to change.

Simply because we want to make something for everybody doesn't mean we longer care.

Great reply Amy. I'm with you on this. I have witnessed Klipsch being best at all price points from headphones, to iPod docs, to 2.1 computer speakers (which sounded amazingly good as a home stereo while Heresy's were on loan). Best in class for sure: example: the pinnacle of Klipsch in the home line is the gorgeous and great sounding Palladiaum, but in my book, nothing comes close to the

KPT-MCM-4-T Grand Cinema Speaker

The cold, hard truth is that our beloved, traditional 2-channel world of big, honkin' (no pun intended) speakers is ever shrinking. Too many gurlie-men letting their significant others rule the roost, banishing those "big, honkin' speakers to the family room...then the man-cave...and then to the garage on their way to the curb. Too much competition for a smaller pie. Competition from video, gaming, computer this and that. Most younger folk today just don't seem too interested in tradional hi-fi. At least not to the extent that they are willing to lay out big bucks for it instead of throwing money at the latest i-crap.

i had a huge rant on this, but now I can't muster more than this statement: you are a moron. literally.

Wow! Lots of doom and gloom here. I thought nearly every company has been doing it tough. Even my beloved Harley Davidson has had to downsize. Even if Audiovox does acquire the majority share holding in the Klipsch Group, there is no way they're going to break it up. Klipsch will continue on as before, maybe better, more efficient, more innovative, and you may find that Klipsch will have a little more money for R&D. In fact the change in the majority shareholding may very well cement the future of the Heritage line - and the job futures of Klipsch employees.

I have to agree. Audiovox isn't about to spend that much money just to drive a company into the ground. They bought Klipsch for both, the name and the company. Audiovox has bought companies on their way out, and more recently, and especially in Europe they are buying companies large and small that show promise. Audiovox, based in my hometown, is a great company that has employed hundreds of local workers and continues to do so. Around here, they are most fondly remembered for their CB radios which were very popular and built locally (like many of their products at that time). Additionally, they are not Chinese or Japanese owned... some posters should do their research before making such inaccurate statements. Best wishes to all the Klipsch employees.

• Klipsch Employees

OK enough!

The product make in Hope will continue to be made in Hope....80% of the parts in those products are made in China now and have been for the last 20 years or more.

The products made in China are under very strict oversight. We have OUR people there watching the every move of the vendor to make sure it is done OUR way.

Pull your heads out of your back sides and LISTEN to what is said. They are #1 in OEM car systems. Their aftermarket product is good stuff. It may not be the top of the line in some folk's eyes, but after being in car audio for 20+ years, some of their car alarms were my choice to use.

Past all that, NONE of us know what will happen or if the deal will even go through. Kick back, play some of your favorite music and enjoy your systems.

When things are final we all will know. No one hears expects anything to change anytime soon. You don't buy a cash cow and send it to the butcher shop. You let it continue to bring in the cash. You can not find many places that have the type of folks with the passion that we have here. How stupid would it be to break that up?

If you want to help, go buy some NEW gear and stop pushing the DIY projects that blur the lines between Klipsch product and what ever the bastardized stuff out there is. It's gotten to the point that the CS team has to get S/N before ordering parts for someone because the warranty parts were being depleted due to the DIY folks building their own "klipsch" speakers.

Like PWK said, If you want to build a speaker put your own name on it not mine.