Audiovox to purchase the Klipsch group

Rick

Arkansas versus China, as production locations, do not matter. The STANDARD matters: which isn't tied to "lineage."

I respectfully beg to differ. I would rather buy made in the US products if I can and have paid more to do so.

IMVHO made in Arkansas and lineage may matter a lot to any new markets this deal with Audiovox, if it is completed, may open up.

For example, well heeled Asian audiophiles may prefer to buy Klipschorns LaScalas, Cornwalls, and Heresies made in the US as a status symbol and as they may still care about lineage more than the average audiophile and music lover here in the US excepting of course many of the Klipschanatics who hang out here of course.I would describe most of the rabid Klipsch fans in this forum as music lovers first, audiophiles second.

just my 0.002 db

Oh, I have no issues with disagreement.

It just seems to me that, if well-heeled Asian audiophiles desired American made Klipsch, they'd just have purchased it now?

My
point is that there are those who report Audiovox will not make a spec
Cornwall. That would be their choice and, at that point, it won't
matter where anything is produced.

If they DO make a spec Cornwall, it will -- in fact -- be a Cornwall and, again, it won't matter where it is produced.

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, acts like a duck, etc...

What is the difference between a Recession versus a Depression?

A Recession is when your neighobor losses his Job, a Depression is when you lose your Job.

Therefore It must not matter where it is made until you lose your job.

Or maybe it matters when your country slips to second world status since they are not competitive or it is made here but all the good engineering and management jobs and profits go overseas?

Then the key is to ask "why?," and analyze the underpinnings, not demonize an acquisition that we can all see makes $$$ for the purchaser.

I am a Klipsch fan and listen to Cornwalls every day, but I don't romanticize that Klispch -- in a business sense -- is any different than the Audiovox group, as they've made their own strategic purchases to further profit.

All I'm reporting is that the product, as we know it, will be the same in terms of sound reproduction or it will not. Either way, where it is produced is not important in terms of the end user. If it sounds like a good horn speaker, you're going to get the same folks buying unless the sound is not what attracted them, anyway. (i.e., if it was just the brand, which will still exist.)

As cold as this sounds, lets not pretend any of what is ocurring relates to people: that was never part of the overall equation.

That's just the way it is.

Arkansas versus China, as production locations, do not matter. The STANDARD matters: which isn't tied to "lineage."

I respectfully beg to differ. I would rather buy made in the US products if I can and have paid more to do so.

IMVHO made in Arkansas and lineage may matter a lot to any new markets this deal with Audiovox, if it is completed, may open up.

For example, well heeled Asian audiophiles may prefer to buy Klipschorns LaScalas, Cornwalls, and Heresies made in the US as a status symbol and as they may still care about lineage more than the average audiophile and music lover here in the US excepting of course many of the Klipschanatics who hang out here of course.I would describe most of the rabid Klipsch fans in this forum as music lovers first, audiophiles second.

just my 0.002 db

Oh, I have no issues with disagreement.

It just seems to me that, if well-heeled Asian audiophiles desired American made Klipsch, they'd just have purchased it now?

My
point is that there are those who report Audiovox will not make a spec
Cornwall. That would be their choice and, at that point, it won't
matter where anything is produced.

If they DO make a spec Cornwall, it will -- in fact -- be a Cornwall and, again, it won't matter where it is produced.

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, acts like a duck, etc...

What is the difference between a Recession versus a Depression?

A Recession is when your neighobor losses his Job, a Depression is when you lose your Job.

Therefore It must not matter where it is made until you lose your job.

Or maybe it matters when your country slips to second world status since they are not competitive or it is made here but all the good engineering and management jobs and profits go overseas?

Then the key is to ask "why?," and analyze the underpinnings, not demonize an acquisition that we can all see makes $$$ for the purchaser.

I am a Klipsch fan and listen to Cornwalls every day, but I don't romanticize that Klispch -- in a business sense -- is any different than the Audiovox group, as they've made their own strategic purchases to further profit.

All I'm reporting is that the product, as we know it, will be the same in terms of sound reproduction or it will not. Either way, where it is produced is not important in terms of the end user. If it sounds like a good horn speaker, you're going to get the same folks buying unless the sound is not what attracted them, anyway. (i.e., if it was just the brand, which will still exist.)

As cold as this sounds, lets not pretend any of what is ocurring relates to people: that was never part of the overall equation.

That's just the way it is.

I have a basic understanding of Economics, Adam Smith, International Trade etc. you are right according to the academics.

But at some point we have to give the tie to the local guy and support companies that support U.S.A., it does matter.

If it is not a tie to the victor go the spoils . . .

I have a basic understanding of Economics, Adam Smith, International Trade etc. you are right according to the academics.

But at some point we have to give the tie to the local guy and support companies that support U.S.A., it does matter.

If it is not a tie to the victor go the spoils . . .

No argument.

Well, like most of us I am concerned.

My main concern is to the employees.

In this country once a business is acquired by Asian interests the next move is manufacturing where labor is the cheapest.

I worked in a US factory and trained imported Chinese laborers to do my job, I had no choice.

The feeling was hard to describe as they shipped away the machines that I worked on leaving nothing but a empty building where people worked and made quality products with pride.

Thank you Klipsch employees for the speakers I love like a family pet.

I don't pray much but I will be watching and worrying about you folks.

I think most of us are all set we have our cherished possessions for as long as we wish. We can expect our speakers to become investments

I would however hope if the worse happens Klipsch fans and family will continue the hold the torch and gather somewhere to keep the the dream alive.

In this country once a business is acquired by Asian interests the next move is manufacturing where labor is the cheapest.

Audiovox is an American company. Klipsch already produces most of its products overseas. The question and concern is mainly for the Heritage line, and the employees of Hope and Indianapolis.

Audiovox is an American company. Klipsch already produces most of its products overseas. The question and concern is mainly for the Heritage line, and the employees of Hope and Indianapolis.

At least it was bought buy an American company!

At least it was bought buy an American company!

And it's possible that the CEO and other board memebers could be Klpisch fans. Might even have Klipschorns in their homes.

And of the former great American audio brands owned by Audiovox - did they become just a brand name after bought by Audiovox or were they already just a brand name when acquired by Audiovox? I know I don't know. I think Thomsen had at least started killing RCA before RCA became an Audiovox brand.

May be the best company to sell Klipsch to. May be the worst. Only time will tell. If the sale goes through.

Of course maybe it's an elaborate hoax run by Dr Amar out of Framingham... draw attention away from the smallish stylish speakers that actually sound really good that might cut into sales of those crazy little (rhymes with hose) cubs with "sub" woofers (more like mid bass boxes?)

For now I'm giving Fred the benefit of the doubt. He's a pretty bright guy and while he's a pretty bright businessman I'm going to believe him when he says this will be good for the long term interests of Klipsch.

I talked to my local dealer and he said Klipsch would still have high quality speakers if AudioVox purchased them. He said that knowing the people he knows at Klipsch not to worry because they wouldn't just sell to make a buck. Just his opinion and he had no reason to lie to me. His biggest fear was having Klipsch sold at big box stores.

I talked to my local dealer and he said Klipsch would still have high quality speakers if AudioVox purchased them. He said that knowing the people he knows at Klipsch not to worry because they wouldn't just sell to make a buck. Just his opinion and he had no reason to lie to me. His biggest fear was having Klipsch sold at big box stores.

The only time that happens is for a "closeout" of something that doesn't sell well otherwise. Like a few sub models, 4.1 and Ultra 5.1 computer speakers. The 2.1 is surviving just fine at a price $30 lower than what I paid at Best Buy several years ago.

I'd have thought a bunch of guys smart enough to own Klipsch speakers would have some confidence in the brand's ownership. I've been proud of their products for fifty years and look forward to listening to them when I'm dead and in hell (OK, hell is an eternity of Bose; I promise to be good.).

SSH