Original Boxes -- Keep?

kde

Klipsch Ultra THX -- Boxes are so large (especially the subs). Maybe I will put the speakers back into the box and cut holes for the wires to come in and the sound to go out -- to hide their ugly appearance! Joking -- I actually kind of like them, but hope to build them into our next house.

For my smaller speakers I didn't keep the boxes unfortunately but for my larger Klipsch speakers (floorstanders) I kept the boxes. Comes in handy if you move. Nothing like the factory packaging to protect the speakers from scratches etc. And as others have stated if you ever sell them people love buying stuff in the original packaging. I know I do. Especially if the seller has to ship them because I feel way more comfortable with factory packaging compared to someone packing and protecting them to the best of their ability

I keep all of mine...even though the wife thinks I'm nuts. I prefer to buy from people that have kept the original boxes.

+1

Along with preferring to buy from people with the original boxes because I think it shows they probably were particular and took care of the item I think its easier to sell a used item too for the same reason.

My Forte IIs I bought from the original owner with the original boxes, sales brochure, manual, and receipt. Talking to him and the condition they were in was enough to convince me they were well cared for but all the original stuff that many years later just sold me.

Yes,keep![H]

Keep those boxes for moves, etc. I have my original forte II boxes since 1992. Since then I have moved twice and am so glad that I had them for the move. Unless dropped or crushed the boxes will allow your speakers to be as nice after a move, temporrary storage, etc. Also if you ever decide to sell, most buyers are looking for speakers with original boxes.