There HAS to be some card players here?

Coytee

How cool would it be to have a standing game on a given night were we can interact and kick each others hiney at cards in real time?

Of course....if you're scared... I understand.

Winning doesn't scare me at all.[6] I'll have to take a look at it when I'm at home. I play a lot of Euchre because I can't find people that know how to play Pinochle which is Euchre on steroids.

pinochle...

Pinochle or Binocle (sometimes pinocle, or penuchle) is a trick-taking game typically for two, three or four players and played with a 48 card deck. Derived from the card game bezique, players score points by trick-taking and also by forming combinations of cards into melds. It is thus considered part of a "trick-and-meld" category which also includes a cousin, belote. Each hand is played in three phases: bidding, melds, and tricks. The standard game today is called "Partnership Auction Pinochle."

I'm game for any of the above...(including Bridge if you can deal with someone who's self taught from scratch)

You can find Bridge at the MSN gaming zone, or used to be able to. I have no idea where you can find online Pinochle. I played that some, probably 30 years ago...all I remember is I enjoyed it but that's all. If you can find Pinochle online, I'm game to be fishbait [:D] Won't take long to learn it.

Anyone that wants to play/try/learn Euchre it is at its stipped down essence, a simple game.

Deck is all four suits however, you only play with 9,10,J,Q,K,A but are dealt 5 cards with some left unturned. The simple plan is to bid it and then take three out of five tricks. Where it gets a little different is the Jack of main suit is THE boss ("right bower") and the Jack of the same color but other suit is the SECOND boss ("left bower").

So if you have Ace/King/Queen of Diamonds and call Diamonds trump, you have the 3rd, 4th and 5th high cards and if your oppoentns have the jacks, you can be set. Your partner might have them or they might be buried in the middle.

Game is 10 points.

It is a very addicting, fast paced game. Played so much of it in college, it probably cost me an extra year.... [^o)]

Euchre?? (my game of choice)

Spades, hearts?

If you're a Euchre player, give this a download.

http://www.mysticisland.net/

How cool would it be to have a standing game on a given night were we can interact and kick each others hiney at cards in real time?

Of course....if you're scared... I understand.

Wink

At least I am not the only one that likes to play Euchre. That definely seems to be a midwestern things since nobody here in Virginia seems to know how to play (or even now what it is). Also, love to play Spades. Seems like that one is a popular one in the Army.

Still thought it was funny when I used to work at the airport in Columbus, OH during the summers between semesters. On the graveyard shift there was really not much to do after the last flights came in for the evening so we sit around and play cards. Those guys figured this kid (since I was only about 19 or so at the time) did not know anything about Euchre. Well, it did not take to many hands to prove them wrong. [;)]

I'll have to go check this out.

Euchre is fun, but spades is by far my favorite.

Ever played Dominion? It's new on my list, but is definitely a lot of fun. I believe it's considered a character building game? Not sure, but it involves lots of strategery which is my criteria for good cards.

pinochle...

Pinochle or Binocle (sometimes pinocle, or penuchle) is a trick-taking game typically for two, three or four players and played with a 48 card deck. Derived from the card game bezique, players score points by trick-taking and also by forming combinations of cards into melds. It is thus considered part of a "trick-and-meld" category which also includes a cousin, belote. Each hand is played in three phases: bidding, melds, and tricks. The standard game today is called "Partnership Auction Pinochle."

Hoyles pinochle is a rather boring game. But when you modify the rules to include teams and reward bidding where the bid winning team is allowed to blindly exchange cards based upon just the level of the bid, the character of how the bidding was conducted and the named trump suit then it becomes far more entertaining and complex. Typically 3 cards are exchanged but some pass 4 cards. A smart player can bid to the very point limit of their hand (meaning the sum of their meld and taken card tricks). A smart passing partner can make or break their partners hand in either meld content or trick taking strength, or both. it is a 48 card deck consisting of 9 through ace with each of the 4 suits represented twice. So there are two 9's of spades, etc.... As such another dimension to the game is being able to track all of the cards by noting the other players exposed meld and what you might have passed your partner. But, miss your bid by a single point and your score is penalized by the entire bid amount. It is a fast and very dimensional game.

Spades by choice simply because I never find Euchre players. Euchre got me thru many many nights of ready alert Search and Rescue duty. On the other hand it has been years since I played any of them. Blind nil; alone.......

I blame Euchre for my lackluster grades at IU. Euchre and Hearts. And beer.

For me it was Euchre, hearts and.... earlobes.

However, mum is still the word!

[:#]

Now, if any of you weenies want to go to that site (mystic) and get yourself registered and a screen name, we can make plans to have a game on a certain night and have a good time.

Amy, if I promise to not make any earlobe comments for.....say..... 24 hours, you could start. I'm sure that would attract others like moths to the light!

[Y]

• Moderators

Amy, if I promise to not make any earlobe comments for.....say..... 24 hours, you could start.

You'd have to be banned from them a lot longer than that. Like say, forever.

[:)]

I wouldn't mind playing some time. Would have to be fairly late.