Ten Years ago I joined the Forum...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah for Indy! Roger's a sweet guy and totally helpful. While many have fallen by the wayside over the years I have been here, people like him, are what keeps bringing me back to this place.

After all it can't be the technical advice because I'm pretty sure I know it all (or is it, am a know it all).

• Moderators

Crap, double post.....well one thing is for sure, the forum has always had its quirks for all these years.

It wouldn't be the Klipsch forum without them!!

Congrats Roger! Your knowledge of audio has been invaluable here, as well as your support for Klipsch in general... but the best part has been getting to know you. Here's to the next 10!

I guess it was a year or two after that when I joined and we made re-established contact and became close friends, travel buddies, Klipsch connoisseurs of the worst type. There was never a bigger smile that that one when we (ok you mostly) drove from Miami to Indy with a perfect vanload of split LSIs.

Here's what I learned:

There is nothing better than exactly matched speakers all the way around. Exactly Matched. I watched you take 3 years to collect all those LSI's.

For center use a split LSI with top horns removed and sitting on milk crate is the way to go. Elevate all mid horns - get those horns where they belong.

Take time to properly plan, build, and fine tune your listening room and you'll be a happy camper.

Never undervalue the faith of a good friend. Good friends stick together through thick and thin.

Your buddy,

Michael

Hmmm, ten years. I have to agree with what many of you have already said. I have learned more from this Forum about music, speaker build, tube gear, and everything inbetween than anyplace else you could possibly go.

As for friendly and lack of profannity? Well those of you who were members back in the early 2000's do know a bit of that. But those arguments helped me to learn oh so much and in the end, everyone still remained friends. I would not know half of what I know now without this forum. Thank you Klipsch and all of its forum members for the ride. Oh, and by the way who will reimburse me for the tens of thousands you have cost me??? LOL