RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

another

Those look beautiful brotha! Glad you finally got 'em. Just to clairify, those are A-stock cherry veneer correct?

They are indeed A stock. I was surprised at how dark they were too. I immediately looked at the serial numbers for a "B" but there isn't. I'm going to get some cherry picture frames and try to tie the colors together somehow. Eventually I'll get a cherry stand but it's not in the budget right now.

Hmm that is very interesting. I just took a look at my serial numbers and I could not find a "B" on them at all. So could this mean I got A-stock cherry veneer?

I'm pretty sure if they are B stock the serial number will have a B before the #. Looks like you may have A stock. I've never owned a pair of B stock so I'm not 100% but maybe someone else can chime in.

I remeber ASD saying that they send A stock if they don't have the matching center if someone ordered the set on ebay. Looks like they may have given you A stock without telling you. Could be a good or bad thing dependng on what you really wanted.

I figured this might be the place to ask. Does anybody have data on the RF 7 or RF7ll woofers? Physical and T/S info as well as cost if they are available. I am thinking these might make upgrades to the woofers in my KLF20's. They might also make great woofers for a set of CF3 mid horns and crossovers. I would like to think that the big RF woofers are at least as good and likely better than eirher of those drivers.. Thanks for any help and or assistance. Best regards Moray James.

PS: this would be RF Heresy at its best.

• Moderators

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the meaning of being "A-stock, or B-stock"?

My understanding is with Klipsch Speakers, B-Stock is typically when the wood veneer didn't match up exactly with the shade Klipsch wanted so they sell it as B-stock. I believe in the case of the RF-7ii's, B-Stock is darker than A-Stock.

I'll take a photo of my label later. It says RF 7II B Stock. Then the SN is under that.

That would be cool to see. I'm thinking maybe the wrong sticker might of been put on my speakers. Reason being is my buddy got his from crutchfield and his are a-stock and are definitely lighter than mine.

i think klipsch changed their pictures of the veneer on the website. sure looks darker than it did a couple months ago. my A-stocks are in transit for the 9th.

i am gonna say 100% that they changed the photos on the website to the darker veneer. couple months ago the veneer was so light it looked almost white

The pictures are way lighter than any I have seen in a stock

or b stock. They still look really light

on the website. Possible that they got complaints that they didn’t match the color

on the website. I know I would be pretty

mad if I ordered a speaker and wanted the color they advertised and got something

way different.