RF-7II Owners Thread

BluBitRates

Only downside if you have a sub is now multieq xt32 which has better bass management for that.

What exactly does that mean? I am running 2 subs at the moment.

That's exactly the point. Though not the only difference (filter resolution is another huge one), XT32 is designed to work with two subs; XT isn't.

I'm going to soon have a complete RF7-II speaker system (2 RF-7II Floorstanding, 1 RC-64 II Center, 2 RS-62 II Surrounds, 1 SW-115 Sub).

I was hoping to get some recommendations for a receiver/amp combo or receiver to sufficiently power these.

I was thinking perhaps a Marantz AV7005/MM7055 combo. Would this be a good choice?

I just purchased an RC-64ii and a pair of RS-62ii's from ASD - I reached out to them thanks to some recommendations in this thread, so thanks for that. Now, I know this is the RF-7ii owner's thread, but I have a pair of RF-83's and I have a question for you guys.

I read that the cone color is different between the series 1 and series 2 - does anyone have a picture of the two together? Something like a shot with the RF-7ii's and an older RC-64, or vice versa, RF-83's with an RC-64ii?

Thanks in advance

My avatar has the rf63's and the rf7ii's. The colors are much different. The older cones are goldish and have an almost flat bottom. The newer series is a bronze color and shaped more like a cone with a pointed bottom. Thing is that even the screens are different so just keeping the screens on is not an option (if your looking for a match). Look at the bottom fronts of the screens and you'll see what I'm talking about. The feet ate very different as well, but shouldn't make any difference to you as the rc64 and the rs62's don't have feet anyway. I have a thread that shows my HT changes along the way and those have some good shots of the 2 different series. http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/150180.aspx page 1 shows rf62ii's and rf63's. Page 8 has some great side by side shots of rf7ii's and rf63's

Hey, larbo13 asked the question about whether you had your RF-7ii's on "large" or "small" for those that answered can you tell me what crossever settings you have chosen when using either the large or small setting?

For those that are using "large", when you are playing music and are in 2 channel mode. do you feel the woofers in the towers do the job well ebough that you don't need the sub like you would have if the fronts were set to "small"?

Thanks for any responses.

PS. I hate all of you that already have your RF7ii's [:D]

Well I was planning on just the SW-112, so not a monster sub like some others and mostly wanted it for movies anyway, but was curious how the 7's did with bass on their own.

Oh and what crossover settings do you have your speakers set on?

Thanks

Hey, thanks Jason - these pics are just what I was looking for. So, it clearly is a noticeable difference between series 1 and 2 visually. I'm told it will be an audible difference as well. I do still have time to add RF-7ii's to my order with ASD...Decisions, decisions. I guess I misspoke earlier, I haven't actually taken delivery of the 83's yet because the seller, who is a coworker of mine, has been out of town. So do I disappoint him by not completing the deal, or spend the extra $500 and get the RF7's. I doubt he will have a hard time selling the 83's but we did agree to a deal in principle. I'm pretty sure I'd rather have the 7's. Tough call.

So sounds like your paying alot for the 83's? I would pay more than $8-9 hundred for a set in perfect shape. Not when the rf7ii's can be had brand new for under $2k and the rest of your speakers are series ii already. if I already had an older rc64 and older surrounds then that completely changes things. Matching your entire set makes all the difference (visually to me). I'm not saying the 7's are $1000 better than the 83's (cause I doubt they are) but I am willing to pay the extra cash to have my gear matching in some cases.

Well, I thought it was actually a pretty good deal considering the original cost and what I thought RF-7ii's were going for ($3200). Plus, no need to worry about shipping or anything like that. Now that I know that I can get ASD to ship me out a pair today for $2k (along with the other speakers I ordered), I think it doesn't make sense to get the old version...

Well, I thought it was actually a pretty good deal considering the original cost and what I thought RF-7ii's were going for ($3200). Plus, no need to worry about shipping or anything like that. Now that I know that I can get ASD to ship me out a pair today for $2k (along with the other speakers I ordered), I think it doesn't make sense to get the old version...

I agree

Getting ready to order my HT, but had a quick question for everyone.

I will be getting the RF-7ii, RC-64ii and a SW-112 sub, but wanted to know if matching these with a set of the RS-42ii's is okay?

The speakers will be on the wall at ear height and only about 3 feet from my head on either side, so I didn't think I needed to purchase the larger RS-52 or 62 models since the speakers will be so close.

I would buy the bigger ones if they were gonna be up in the corners like most.

Thanks for any input.