Hello from the East Bay - Finished upgrading my Cornwalls

First time poster - long time lurker. I picked up some '77 Cornwall Decorators recently and decided to upgrade and refinish them. Bob Crites was very helpful when I initially picked them - he noticed they were decorators and responded to my questions very quickly - in about an hour if I recall. So I've done the following internal upgrades:

Crites - CT 125 tweeters, crossover rebuild kit, squawker gaskits and cast frame woofers. The original woofers where nice however the coloring was off a bit between the two so I decided to go with new woofers - what the heck. I'll keep all the original parts for these classics.

For the finishing work - I decided to leave that to the pros - I found Luke Austin out in Emeryville CA:

Austin Furniture Workshop - Emeryville CA

Luke did a great job - great service, advice and very reasonable prices. I ended up with new Mahogany veneer along with a nice Ebony trim which provides a very nice contrast.

I have go give credit to Chris King - whose Decorators inspired mine.

I love these speakers - they are definitely keepers and sound amazing - now I know why so many people like the Cornwalls.

Thanks,

post-50169-13819656773006_thumb.jpg

Thanks again everyone - and 70SATMan - your decorator is a beauty!

Thanks guys! I should post some new pics (also have a new media cabinet). Might be hard to imagine but, I've since cleaned them up with Murphys oil soap and they now look much better. They're still in raw birch and you can really see the figuring.[:P]

Costerdock, I've been debating a veneer in Koa (one wood that my wife absolutely loves). The debate about the originality in my head so far has kept that at bay.

I live in the bay area. I am looking for some used cornwalsl. could we talk on the phone so I can get some advice on what to look for? I would be very grateful for any help and advice.

robert

510-724-5329

the ones you did look fantastic!!!