Alternate to Rc-7?

WeebMan

I think u should do that Brunt. This place , like planet fitness, is a relatively judgement free zone with the exception of a couple newer members. The old timer heritage guys seem to be willing to help out quite a bit. If you do go against majority views make sure you do it in a pm... Otherwise you'll get flamed like those who chose to fight McCarthyism in the late 40's early 50's.

Your description of the Heritage guys reminds me of the older, more tolerant members of my Sylvania forum.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

If you do go against majority views make sure you do it in a pm... Otherwise you'll get flamed like those who chose to fight McCarthyism in the late 40's early 50's

In all fairness Jason, I really don't think the problem is going against popular opinion, it's the manner in which you do it that determines how forum members respond to your statements. I think it's safe to say that we're not out to get anyone, nor are we seeking those whom we can flame. [;)]

This is indeed a great forum with some truly great people that have a passion for audio.

This is indeed a great forum with some truly great people that have a passion for audio.

What did Groucho Marx say??? I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member.

Actually, this IS my favorite forum. I've learned a ton (and am still learning) and met some great folks.

Youthman... I was referring to this post by reference head. To be fair I have apologized twice in a thread in which I have been accused of being a hitler fan and Having 2 accounts

Ok if that's true the how would an rf7 sound better than the rc64 as a center channel ?

But please someone tell me why klipsch uses a tapered array crossover in the 64 if an rf 7 single crossover would sound better?

Klipsch went to a tapered array design(2.5 way) to eliminate the comb filtering that can occur with horizontally imposed speakers. Here is a few threads that explain things a bit.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/78827/782136.aspx#782136

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/131169/1326871.aspx#1326871

Why did klipsch go away from the two 8 inch drivers for a center channel (rc7) for a wider 4 driver setup with 2 cross points?

I believe a 6.5 inch driver will produce better midrange frequencies than an 8 inch especially with dialog which is a center channels main function.

Bill

I love a good debate as much as anyone. But I think we are just

beating a dead horse at this point. Music like movies both have voices its no different.

And Jason I really feel youre arguing just argue at this point. No offence but

you almost sound like people that argue that hitler was a some kind of genius

and not a mad man when you take some of these sides. Devil

A Hitler reference! Ladies and Gentlemen...The Klipsch Forums!!!! Lol...

Lol I only meant he almost always takes the side against the

norm. Hope I didnt offend anyone.

Thanks for bagging on my stuff.

No problem Jason..

Lol.... Hey brunt.... I think he means me when he says Jason. BTW dary, why only the XPA-3?

When not on sale, maybe the $200 difference between that and the XPA-5?

Can't be that can it? $200 for 2 channels of 200 watts is a steal. That's a big reason I went XPA-5. I believe you got an even better deal right? 480 watts across 3 channels for $200? Both are great deals

• Moderators

Youthman... I was referring to this post by reference head. To be fair I have apologized twice in a thread in which I have been accused of being a hitler fan and Having 2 accounts

Official apology accepted. Can't we all just get along now? (no kissing and making up necessary) [:P]

Thanks for bagging on my stuff.

No problem Jason..

I am not sure why you would think Brunt is Jason,,,,,,,, However I have thought Brunt seems a lot like jacksonbart

LOL...Actually darylomer12, my name IS Jason as well...different last names as you can tell by our screen names. If you gentlemen are serious about thinking I am somebody else, I can post pictures of my setup as soon as my room is put back together as I recently sunk a cabinet into a wall and haven't finished cleaning up yet. I can also take pictures which clearly show my face while holding up a copy of that day's paper and a copy of my birth certificate all while the evening news is playing in the background. It's odd, I was told this forum was a judgement free zone, but I've already had someone take shots at my portrait and make fun of my AV setup...tough crowd I guess. We all don't have money for fancy projectors and dedicated "man-towns".

No need. I would really love to see a pic of your 19" CRT and front sound stage! I am curious as to how that all works.

The old timer heritage guys seem to be willing to help out quite a bit.

What about us in the middle(age) Reference/Heritage guys?[*-)] We can be nice and helpful too.[:)]

We all do like to have fun every once in a while but it should not be at someone else's expense. It's all in the delivery. We all have opinions and they should never be disguised as fact and forced upon others.

About the "cheesy photo" comment(which I did not make), most on this forum do not have an avatar of themselves "posing" so it does kind of open oneself up for a tiny bit of ribbing. I don't think any real harm was intended.

Bill

Ok if that's true the how would an rf7 sound better than the rc64 as a center channel ?

But please someone tell me why klipsch uses a tapered array crossover in the 64 if an rf 7 single crossover would sound better?

Klipsch went to a tapered array design(2.5 way) to eliminate the comb filtering that can occur with horizontally imposed speakers. Here is a few threads that explain things a bit.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/78827/782136.aspx#782136

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/131169/1326871.aspx#1326871

Why did klipsch go away from the two 8 inch drivers for a center channel (rc7) for a wider 4 driver setup with 2 cross points?

I believe a 6.5 inch driver will produce better midrange frequencies than an 8 inch especially with dialog which is a center channels main function.

Bill

I love a good debate as much as anyone. But I think we are just

beating a dead horse at this point. Music like movies both have voices it’s no different.

And Jason I really feel you’re arguing just argue at this point. No offence but

you almost sound like people that argue that hitler was a some kind of genius

and not a mad man when you take some of these sides. Devil

Lol I only meant he almost always takes the side against the

norm. Hope I didn’t offend anyone.

I know it’s harder to pick up on when reading but in all

fairness my comment did say ALMOST like people that would argue that. Never did

I say you liked or was a fan of hitler. I agree it was a poor choice of words

but I was just being sarcastic, and I’m pretty sure you knew what I meant and

are just trying to turn it into something it wasn’t. I’m guessing everyone who

read it understood me and picked up on the sarcasm. (If you really didn’t then I do sincerely

apologize)

LOL-- Sorry, I was on only kidding about Jason being Brunt. Also, I no longer have the XPA-3 unfortunately. I had to sell most of my gear a while back because my hours were almost cut in half at work. I'm going to start building it back up as soon as we're totally debt free and have some $ saved.

BTW Jason, GREAT looking room!

• Moderators

I'm going to start building it back up as soon as we're totally debt free and have some $ saved.

Congrats daryl! It's a great feeling having no payments :) We only have our home and an acre of land (which we are selling). With no debt, it will be easy for you to save up some cash to pay for some replacement toys. Happy for you and your family bro.

I thought the same thing!

Most of you are either too young or weren't part of the early internet. Back then we didn't have forums. We had Usenet with various newsgroups that you would subscribe to. University servers (for example) would download all Usenet feeds and you would start a newsreader program and read new posts in the groups you had subscribed to from that local server.

In any discussion, flame wars would ensue until someone compared someone else to Hitler for some reason. Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies says that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 100%."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

So... it was funny for me to see a Hitler reference on the Klipsch forums and I would have pointed it out in the same way.

EDIT: This is worth reading: http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/legends/godwin/