A Claim To Fame

fini

I've never seen a Star Wars film all the way through. I ALWAYS fall asleep, whether in a theater or at home. People are surprised when I tell them this, but I'm pretty sure I understand why this happens. Undeniably, there are a lot of exciting and spectacular scenes in every one of these movies. Very engaging stories, too. But there are also these quiet, "catch-your-breath" segments immediately following the most action-packed scenes. They have proven to be quite restful for me. After I've experienced a Star Wars film, I feel quite refreshed.

I should also confess that I fall asleep to most movies. I think it's that they turn down the lights. Oh, and I'm usually snuggled up in my jammies and blanket. I turn heads at the multiplex, I do.

I've never seen a Star Wars film all the way through. I ALWAYS fall asleep, whether in a theater or at home. People are surprised when I tell them this, but I'm pretty sure I understand why this happens. Undeniably, there are a lot of exciting and spectacular scenes in every one of these movies. Very engaging stories, too. But there are also these quiet, "catch-your-breath" segments immediately following the most action-packed scenes. They have proven to be quite restful for me. After I've experienced a Star Wars film, I feel quite refreshed.

I should also confess that I fall asleep to most movies. I think it's that they turn down the lights. Oh, and I'm usually snuggled up in my jammies and blanket. I turn heads at the multiplex, I do.

You, my friend sound like you might be narcoleptic....... Drink 3 cups of coffee before a star wars movie. (Or any movie).......

Is that before or after you change into your Jammies?

• Moderators

I don't blame you Fini, I have never seen one all the way through either.

Worse than that, the last time we went to a "movie theater" the movie was Coming to America with Eddie Murphy, just looked it up, it was 1988. [:o]

Although we did have regular clothes on. [:P]

I never really fall asleep.. I just rest my eyes....

HaHa...Thats my line. Used it just this sunday :)

My late father also "rested his eyes" a lot. You could wake him from a sound sleep in front of the TV and he'd repeat the last few lines of dialogue to prove he was awake. In reality, he had been asleep and "heard" it the first time when he repeated it. He must have had an organic DVR on a loop inside his head.

My late father also "rested his eyes" a lot. You could wake him from a sound sleep in front of the TV and he'd repeat the last few lines of dialogue to prove he was awake. In reality, he had been asleeep and "heard" it the first time when he repeated it. He must have had an organic DVR on a loop inside his head.

Now that funny, and probably true... lol...

• Moderators

My late father also "rested his eyes" a lot. You could wake him from a sound sleep in front of the TV and he'd repeat the last few lines of dialogue to prove he was awake. In reality, he had been asleeep and "heard" it the first time when he repeated it. He must have had an organic DVR on a loop inside his head.

My late Dad said the same thing, we still joke about it, it's been 15 years and I think about him everyday.

My late Dad said the same thing, we still joke about it, it's been 15 years and I think about him everyday.

I know what you mean dtel. I hugged my dad as we said good-bye; 2 weeks later he was dead from a heart attack at 64. That was 25 years ago.

My best "naps" are always while allegedly watching a movie.... Yes

Mine are normally when I'm having a long heart to heart talk with my wife. I typically wake up with a headache for some reason.

i take it that your wife doesn't know that this forum exists, thus you can make such a statement? [;)]

• Moderators

My best "naps" are always while allegedly watching a movie.... Yes

Mine are normally when I'm having a long heart to heart talk with my wife. I typically wake up with a headache for some reason.

i take it that your wife doesn't know that this forum exists, thus you can make such a statement? Wink

Good point, mine does, and I have been caught more than once. [:P]

My Grandpa used to listen to baseball games on the radio in his comfy naugahide recliner. It would be a mistake to have assumed his closed eyes and snoring meant he wasn't keeping track. On the contrary, if you changed the station (or turned it off) he came to and chewed out whoever did it. "But Lyle, you were sleeping," my Grandma would say. His complete recap of the last inning proved otherwise.