Tag line length limits?

mustang guy

I also am generally excepted into most boards due to my axtreme affability. [;)]

I was NOT the one to call a fellow Forum member's Signature, Obnoxious "To some of US".

Is the "US" some type of Clique on here...? Sorry that you took ofence.............

Apology excepted and no, the "US" refers to the people responding to the topic of this thread, that extremely long tag lines makes navigating the forum tough for some of us.

I have now changed my sig so that it's both unique and related to the product of the board, while only taking up a 120 pixels of verticle space! [8-|]

Oh My!, The Humanity!

I agree that the moderators here shouldn't have to be on sig duty, smashing unruly signatures. I'm reasonably sure that the forum software is able to (it's a custom board, so I can't be sure) limit many aspects of the signature, including how many characters. It's a simple change.

I think you are refering to the "Signature" as the Tags are a completely different part of the post. Some new members Tag every subject or iten in the forum.

I doubt the Moderstors want to FORCE anyone to do anything. Some members are very proud of what they have acquired/accomplished and like to list it all room by room. Also, what would the limit of the Signature line be? The people that have very long Sgnatures know who they are and will adjust them if they want. I don't think we need tp have any Signature Police......!

There are other areas that probably need more attention; Like posting to every new thread on the Forum with PWK BS Button post.

Right it's a signature line.... Thanks for the clarity.

I don't think the moderators should force anything. No need for any policing either. Not even any need to offend anybody. There would be little imposition to simply limit the length to so many characters or lines. Would 20 lines be enough for most? Perhaps 30? What do you think?

When I first came on the forum I had a very long tag line. Mostly I did that because many seemed to be doing it. I had the epiphany as I was scrolling way down into a thread my sig lines were 80% of.

You are a smart guy, and I value your opinion. I just wanted to let you know my intent is not to kick any particular person in the teeth for long sig lines. I will go back and re-read my original post and see if it sounded that way.

I change my picture and signature often and regular.... Depends on my mood and the Humor-O-Meter batteries...

[H]

On the other hand, I sat down one day and made a list of very piece of audio equipment I've even owned. I was gonna' use that as a signature line, but did not want to labeled as obnoxious (or even noxious, although after certain foods that comes into the equation...)[:P]

I will go back and re-read my original post and see if it sounded that way.

You worded it very well and thanks for bringing up the topic. Let's face it we all have different motives for people seeing what we post on their monitor and I can dig showing off your stuff....At some point it becomes a pissing contest and I choose to err on the side of hoping my comments that fill the screen are helpful instead of listing my 5 Awesome Klipsch Theaters and various other toys that people would love to own.

Of course a simple solution could be to have an Ignore button, but truthfully some of the people who have long tag lines have interesting things to say and that wouldn't be an attractive option for me. Regardless, I'm not sure there needs to be any moderator action (unless to consider an Ignore button) and maybe bringing up the subject can give everyone a new perspective.

The Signatures never bothered me....

It's when you get an email notification or you come to the site and see the new post list, go to the new post after several clicks and the response is

+1

What is the point of that and WHO cares? Some members just post to get their post count up. Also offering advice when they don't have a clue on this earth of what they are talking about.

It's when you get an email notification or you come to the site and see the new post list, go to the new post after several clicks and the response is

+1

What is the point of that and WHO cares? Some members just post to get their post count up. Also offering advice when they don't have a clue on this earth of what they are talking about.

+2

..What is the point of that and WHO cares? Some members just post to get their post count up. Also offering advice when they don't have a clue on this earth of what they are talking about.

I know this seems redundant but but given that you've mentioned it twice and it's off topic for this thread why not start a separate one? Fwiw, I choose to ignore posters after I find out they are trolling and think an ignore button could be the solution Btw, I don't have anything else to add to the topic of this thread and don't wish to get my post count up. [;)]

+1

+2

+3

• Moderators

Some members just post to get their post count up. Also offering advice when they don't have a clue on this earth of what they are talking about.

I don't care about post count at all, and only post subjects I have personal experience with (when serious), unless it's just to be silly or sarcastic, then I post like crazy. [Y]

9813 post and if I'm lucky if 13 are really any good, you would think I could type or at least spell by now ?

Put me back to zero post, I don't care really, can I donate some post ?

+0