Tag line length limits?

mustang guy

LOL, on the board that I currently admin, I've been cussed because I've put in a 10 character minimum post limit.

I told them, if you can't drag two or three words out of your head, and put them in the post, then you don't need to be posting. Ha. They hate me. [8o|]

The Signatures never bothered me....

It's when you get an email notification or you come to the site and see the new post list, go to the new post after several clicks and the response is

+1

What is the point of that and WHO cares? Some members just post to get their post count up. Also offering advice when they don't have a clue on this earth of what they are talking about.

Hmm, Guilty I guess.

But, my toys are a important part of each day of my life, I'm proud of what I own and my Klipsch and Hi-Fi "Heritage" this is a enthusiasts forum and back when I was a lurker one of the things that I enjoyed was the long system signatures. I think it's a way to get to know fellow members and at least on a personal level show some pride of ownership. Yes, and to brag or flaunt my small investment for better or worse. I know what I have is a basic system but I spent a long time finding what I have and I'm not a rich man, so let me have my moment, scrolling is easy and I hope my 10 word or less posts are of value to someone. Here comes the System sig!

The Signatures never bothered me....

It's when you get an email notification or you come to the site and see the new post list, go to the new post after several clicks and the response is

+1

What is the point of that and WHO cares? Some members just post to get their post count up. Also offering advice when they don't have a clue on this earth of what they are talking about.

I don't have a clue as to whats going on here. Therefore, offering advise is out of the question.. lol...

Sometimes the interjection of some levity to a thread, often evidenced by, "+1", LOL, etc., ad. infinitum, allows the poster to practice their skills without being sardonic, facetious, or sarcastic. Using some plain humorous, and transparently benign commentary to defuse the pomposity of the alleged complaint is but a practical approach. All done, of course, in good fun, and without any evil intentions. Flames should be extinguished, not by using dynamite to blow the offending fire out, but by careful introduction of the intellectual version of the inert gasses that attenuate literary combustion.....

[:P]

God, I love this place!!!

Sometimes the interjection of some levity to a thread, often evidenced by, "+1", LOL, etc., ad. infinitum, allows the poster to practice their skills without being sardonic, facetious, or sarcastic. Using some plain humorous, and transparently benign commentary to defuse the pomposity of the alleged complaint is but a practical approach. All done, of course, in good fun, and without any evil intentions. Flames should be extinguished, not by using dynamite to blow the offending fire out, but by careful introduction of the intellectual version of the inert gasses that attenuate literary combustion.....

Stick out tongue

for anyone that disagrees with this sentiment ..go buy one of these.

washer.jpg

Stick out tongue

washer.jpg

+1 and LOL [:D]

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

"The quotation 'The lady doth protest too much, methinks.' comes from Shakespeare's Hamlet, Act III, scene II. The phrase has come to mean that one can 'insist so passionately about something not being true that people suspect the opposite of what one is saying.'[1]

The phrase is often misquoted as 'Methinks the lady doth protest too much.'[2] and is commonly used in the second person as 'Methinks thou dost protest too much.'"

[:o]...[:D]

Is the "US" some type of Clique on here...? Sorry that you took ofence.............

It appears I was wrong about there not being some kind of "Clique," on here but sometimes the interjection of some levity to a thread, allows the poster who isn't a member, to practice their skills using some plain humorous, and transparently benign commentary to defuse the pomposity of the off-topic observations with a practical approach. All done, of course, in good fun, and without any evil intentions. Flames should be extinguished, not by using dynamite to blow the offending fire out, but by careful introduction of the intellectual version. [co]

Stick out tongue

washer.jpg

+1 and LOL Big Smile

Ohhh Myyy Goshhhh,

How Rude[:@] [6]

What's a +1