Okay you guys are bad influences. This is a sickness I think.WWWWHHHHHYYYYYYY

jordan122345

Tough choice Tongue Tied

No offense to any RF-7 owners out there, my decision would be easy, but not because of one sounding better than the other. I do like the the way the RF-83's are smoother and more refined while still obtaining some of the big agressive presence of the RF-7's.

Don't be mistaken by what appears to be a one sided praise of the RF-83's, I do love the sound of the RF-7's[8][8], I just can't get past those crappy grills and the flimsy pegs used to attach to the front face.[N] Shame on whoever came up with that design.[:@] I am still waiting for some tinkerer to retrofit a new design to that series of speakers(RB-5, RF-5, RSW subs).[Y] To sum it up, sound wise, I would be happy with either setup, visually, RF-83's all the way.

Bill

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preference is all relative so to each their own.I have em' both and the 83 is great for HT or music the 7 is great for music and HT.In my large room the 83 just can't run with the 7.It was asked if the 12d could stay up with 83,easy the 12d cannot stay up with 7.Looks....Skinny speakers while compact are a compromise, I like wider vs skinny, not Cornwall wide but modern wide.I would rather have perfect 83 vs damaged 7 as they are very close and both outstanding.

The RF83's i bought are perfect and the RF7's, one of the towers has a few dents in the dust cap on the cones and 2 of the pegs on the same speakers grill are busted off.And truthfully I really want to get the RC64 badly

Sounds like you might have the same conclusion as I did. Both are awesome, you really want the RC-64 (awesome speaker by the way) and the RF-83's are in better condition.

You can probably sell the RF-7's for around $800 - $1000 depending on how patient you are and don't give in to lowballers on Craigslist. Oh wait...your track record for patience isn't too good. LOL Just kidding. I think you make a great buy since you should be able to sell your RF-7's close to what you paid for the RF-83's which originally retailed for $1800 each. $900 for a like new pair of speakers that were once $3200. I'd say not bad at all.

So when are you going to post some pics of these babies?

Rf-83 didn’t retail for 1800 each. Retail is 1400 each (2800

pair).

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=rf-83%20retial%20price&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CFEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.audioreview.com%2Fcat%2Fspeakers%2Ffloorstanding-speakers%2Fklipsch%2Frf-83%2Fprd_404676_1594crx.aspx&ei=vovlToCLMMOAgweIoLn5BQ&usg=AFQjCNFjTenJQHT_z6c19WhBaF5SQ-z1zQ

Yep, we've all been there. It's a disease I tell ya. It could be worse.

Quote from falcon20x here in the forums....

"I have no idea what you mean by addiction"

Holy crap Klipsch man. Youthman is that all of your equipment.That is alot of stuff their.I could use one of those RC64's if one is avaliable by chance.

Holy crap Klipsch man. Youthman is that all of your equipment.That is alot of stuff their.I could use one of those RC64's if one is avaliable by chance.

Michael,

Have you been holding out on me?[:(]

I know, just a little copy and paste trick.

Bill

• Moderators

Rf-83 didn’t retail for 1800 each. Retail is 1400 each (2800
pair).

I stand corrected. Dang...that's twice this year I've been wrong. LOL I was certain when I got my RF-83's, they had $1800 each on the Klipsch website. From other online sources, they seem to state the MSRP was $2800 as well so maybe the 8 in 2800 was what I was thinking of. Who knows. Regardless, $2800 to $900 is still a pretty sweet deal.

easy solution is to buy an all La Scalla lll 7.1 system then the other speakers become redundant, or you could simply use them fo other purposes like the computer the den the bedrooms even the spare one the garage (build if necessary) the attic should you ever need to go up there you can have tunes and then there are friends and family extended family and you don`t want them going out and buying junk when they could have a Klipsch system do you? As long as you dont get caught up in the stupid time wase of rationalizing you will be fine. It`s those guys who make up dumb excuses for the speakers they buy who have problems. We know what to do with those speakers, besides how many pairs of shoes has your wife bought in the time you have known her? How many bottles of expensive hair die has she purchased the list goes on. There you go that puts things into perspective. Best regards Moray James.