$800 to spend on a sub .Best bang for buck or keep my 2 RW-12D's

jordan122345

you'll probably pick up an svs or something next week :)

From the looks of it, "next week" would be optimistic. Big Smile

Hold out for the RSW-15! You can do it. If at anytime,do it now . It's worth the wait, I assure you. And if you get the cherry it's really beautiful too. Coming from a dude ;)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the svs referenced above as well. The RSW15 is a better match, sonically. Thr RSW15 is a better match physically (cherry). Dare I say that the RSW is better matched emotionally? Well, you do have all the best speakers to match it...your choice.

I must say, that for the price the rsw is not going to be the best for your money, unless you get it for dirt cheap. As far as matching sonically, not really an issue since the frequencies a subwoofer produces most often are not being produced by the other speakers in your system, so there is no sonic matching needed. just wanted to make sure a voice of reason is being heard, the rsw is not a bad sub, just not as good as other current options.

I had a big old svs sub, for a few days, sent it back and got the rsw15, my sub hunt ended.The svs was ok for movies but for music I no like.And yes, for about $800 or so the rsw 15 is a perfect match.

That is the first time I have heard of someone not liking the SVS PB-12 +2. Did you have the 1000 watt amp? The one I had sounded incredible.

it was either the 900 watt or 1000 watt bash amp, dont recall what exactly the size of it was

should find out wens how the ed subs are

on the other note I dont think id be dropping 800 on a 10 year old rsw15, at that pricepoint alot of internet direct companies start looking very very good

on the other note I dont think id be dropping 800 on a 10 year old rsw15

I can see your thinkin' but you don't have 7's? I can tell you that an $800 or maybe $600 rsw 15 will put two rw-12d's(maybe $700) to shame in real quality of sound, of course ymmv?

The guy I bought the SVS PB-12 +2 from had it in a small 2nd floor bedroom with a hardwood deck. Sounded like crap!

I put it in my lower leveal wall to wall carpet 35'X40'+ room....Bliss!

Best bang for for my 700 bucks

I can't even tell what Im looking at here. Not the sub but the front 3 speakers. Looks like a Lascala and 3 cornwal's or Heresy's maybe, and one of the cornwal's looks to be on a cabinet with a drawer in it? [*-)] Can you shed some light on your setup? looks intresting. thx

I can see your thinkin' but you don't have 7's? I can tell you that an $800 or maybe $600 rsw 15 will put two rw-12d's(maybe $700) to shame in real quality of sound, of course ymmv?

Cant speak for the rsw-15... but $800 can buy you alot of sub from eD, Rythmik, and Epik.

Hi jordan 122345,

I sent you a PM.

One of our forum members has a nice RSW-15 for sale in Dallas. In the next few weeks, we are doing a "pony express" run from Dallas to Wichita and Nashville to Wichita, then on to Denver. If you are interested, we may be able to transport the RSW-15 to Denver for you. No UPS damage . . . .

The guy I bought the SVS PB-12 +2 from had it in a small 2nd floor bedroom with a hardwood deck. Sounded like crap!

I put it in my lower leveal wall to wall carpet 35'X40'+ room....Bliss!

Best bang for for my 700 bucks

I can't even tell what Im looking at here. Not the sub but the front 3 speakers. Looks like a Lascala and 3 cornwal's or Heresy's maybe, and one of the cornwal's looks to be on a cabinet with a drawer in it? Confused Can you shed some light on your setup? looks intresting. thx

Definately Heresy, but I was wondering the same thing. Maybe the second La Scala is outside the shot to the right?

Cant speak for the rsw-15... but $800 can buy you alot of sub from eD, Rythmik, and Epik.

no worries I have no false impressions about the rsw15 and 2 rw12ds, but 800 on an older sub is alot and indeed you can buy alot of sub for 800 from a number of companies now, and Im glad my timing finally worked out to pickup my new ed sub from Gorm, what I was trying to say was that I think there maybe better/more options than going back 10 years in time