Grounds for Divorce?

Guest Anonymous

It could be good news. Maybe she is interested in having good sound in her kitchen arena and just does not know the best way to get good sound. A learning opportunity. A common ground. You get to be the hero. But maybe it is bad news. Maybe she is entrenched, unapproachable and intolerant of your ideas? Maybe she does not trust your word or think you're smart enough to know what is best? Is she the sort who'd insist you trade a vintage Shelby for a Hyundai? Only you know these answers. Best of luck.

When I see these threads, I wonder why "audiophiles" don't slam Bang and Olufsen as much as Bose? For all of the stated reasons for hating Bose, it seems like there should be B&O haters out there as well.

1. They post specs.

2. They're open about the fact that style is a vital part of their mission.

3. They actually do put out some audiophile grade speakers, and I don't think any of them feature the uber-cheap build quality that Bose is well known for.

http://theaudiocritic.com/plog/index.php?op=ViewArticle&articleId=34&blogId=1

4. Their R&D has given the audiophile world ICEpower. Bose R&D has given us....??

I'm super lucky on this front. My wife LOVES my audio setup- why? She's a crazy Bon Jovi fan, and every piece of gear that I buy, is towards the goal of making her favorite Bon Jovi CDs/DVDs/Blurays look and sound as good as possible.

She spends stupid amounts of money on her Bon Jovi tickets and tours and stuff, and doesn't even ask how much my newest amp or speakers cost.

I'm super lucky on this front. My wife LOVES my audio setup- why? She's a crazy Bon Jovi fan, and every piece of gear that I buy, is towards the goal of making her favorite Bon Jovi CDs/DVDs/Blurays look and sound as good as possible.

Lemme guess...you look like Bon Jovi.

Hahahaha! Not even close, oh that's great!

Halloween costume from a few years ago

This is a Halloween costume from a few years ago... my apologies to anybody that may be eating or drinking while browsing these fine forums.

My GF told me for 2+ years that her blows system sounded really good and she liked my equipment but didn't understand why my speakers were so big when blows could do it with a cube. One evening we went to her brothers (she gave him the blows system when she got divorced) and he had seen one of my set ups but never heard it (wasn't worthy) and he knew I was into music so when we got there I had to hear about how his classic something O 1's were great but he couldn't figure out how to hook them up to the sat receiver/stereo receiver, but he just kept going on and on and I was very polite and said I was sure that they sounded great (tongue was bleeding profusely), then I was drug upstairs to listen to the mighty cubes and again, I just said that the surround sounded really good (god was I lying), but on the way home the GF said; "I'm sorry, those old speakers of mine sound like shi# compared to any of your Klipsch. .................Moral of the story is that sometimes stupid can be overcome, given enough time.[:P]

• Moderators

Edit; I wasn't calling your wife or anyone else that wants a little Bose system stupid; maybe hearing impaired or deaf, but not stupid.

Is your tongue bleeding again ? [:o]

Just kidding.

If you think about it is hard to really remember a sound to compare to another sound later, and if your not really paying attention (or don't really care) it would be easy to say whatever one looks better or fits better sounds best.

I am talking about someone not in this hobby and don't really care as long as it sounds ok and they can make out the words, they are good. Kind of like asking me about shoes, clothes, "decorations". [:S]

If you think about it is hard to really remember a sound to compare to another sound later, and if your not really paying attention (or don't really care) it would be easy to say whatever one looks better or fits better sounds best

Was your wife standing over your shoulder when you wrote this? I know the answer to that, and your wife knows better. [;)]