members in the tornado path

Budman

Thanks very much Russ for thinking of us, glad to hear you're ok..My internet just came back on last night.The tornado hit about 12 miles from my house, and about 3 miles from my son(Henryville IN).I came home from work when it was about 20 minutes away.The job I'm working on right now is for a crane and rigging company, they were called in to move buses and large debris.The place looks like a Nuke hit it, sadly not everyone survived but everyone I personally know is basically ok.

Of course this was a widespread disaster effecting many communities, we're thinking of them all, hope everyone will keep the victims/families in their thoughts.

The jet stream is hovering too far North which right now is about along the southern border of Lake Erie. If it were in the correct position we up here would have had snow and the tornados would have occurred further south. Gee, I am now a qualified weather scientist without any credentials.

JJK

• Moderators

It's that time of the year I guess, it does seem a little early, but it has been a warm winter.

When a cold front is moving across the country and down here we see the clouds and moisture moving North from the Gulf at the speed it has been here the last few days it usually gets bad where they meet.

Hope everyone made it through OK, we know some were not that lucky.

WOW... Not far from where I grew up in the Dayton area. I moved to Florida the year before the tornadoes wrecked Xenia.

I've lived through 3 point blank hurricane hits and it's the tornadoes spawned by the storms that I fear worse than the hurricane.