LoneLobo Motorcycle Wreck

Mallette

• Moderators

bear in mind he was quite dead for 26 minutes in the not too distant past.

Your right, also something like this is normally life changing, I would think he will need some time to get past some of this and figure out what's next ?

I sure would

No matter what good luck Ron.

Your a good friend Dave. [Y]

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okies, time for the kicker.

As soon as he can make it up the 5 stairs to the office Ron will be joining us at Helmerich & Payne Int'l Drilling Company in Houston as Video Producer. He sent his acceptance of the package yesterday, and, my friends, it's a very handsome package by any standards.

Talk about your storybook endings!

Won't SOMEBODY say "AMEN!"

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I am humbled by you all. Though I only know a few of you personally, you all feel like family now. More powerful than genetic family, chosen family is rooted in something stronger than expectation, bound by more than bloodline, and celebrated with intertwined spirits dancing to some internally shared song.

Thank you for keeping the dance going throughout my brief absence. In the past I have often felt like the dance was mine alone to keep alive, but now I realize what utter folly a notion like that is. My journey has been a simple trail of miracles from the time I hit the asphault. My first memory is of a woman telling me to lie still, that she was 2 cars behind me and was a trauma nurse. Turns out she was the wife of my trauma team doctor in Denton. You could attribute that to coincidence, but then how would you explain the string of such experiences that was non stop. Kind of like a spiritual fireworks display. About the time I thought it was over, another miracle burst would go off. Angels came and went with such regularity that I was looking for them in everyone I came into contact with. And they are there if you just look...

Latest example was this Wednesday when I went to see my orthopedic surgeon superhero for a checkup. I had just thrown on a t-shirt without much attention while getting dressed for my first outdoor adventure. After waiting and x-raying and more waiting, the doc finally knocked on the door and entered. The very first thing he said after looking at me was, "Do you collect vinyl?" I was kind of taken aback but said "yes" and looked down to find I was wearing a Record Store Day T-shirt. We talked vinyl for a good 45 minutes while his nurses kept restarting the x-ray viewing software that kept timing out. They were a bit annoyed but we had a great time and really got to know each other. What are the odds that one of the best orthopedic surgeons in Texas at arguably the best trauma hospital in the country would take over an hour on one patient when his schedule is just suicidal. He took another 45 minutes with me to make sure I had no problems or questions. Coincidence? Perhaps, but line up 1500 or so of these coincidences and you have to consider other possibilities.

I'm starting to run out of energy so I better end this. I am at home now, though I can't drive. I have some home health care coming in through next week, at which point my health insurance runs out (miracle or coincidence at the timing?) I can't put any weight on my left leg till September which is a lesson in patience. But I have been cleared to use crutches as long as I can tolerate the broken clavicle. Piece of cake after the last month...

Again, I can never repay all your prayers. Please know they were absolutely instrumental in my continued existence in this dimension. Thank you, my brothers and sisters. You are all in MY prayers now.

Amen! And great news Ron. You will I'm sure remain in all ours. A couple of posts coming to the Sweet Thrift Store Finds thread you started. I may have started hitting the thrifts and pawn shops before that but maybe not as regularly.

Welcome back to the madness brother.

p.s. Keep that Dave character in line, will ya?

(just kidding Dave - thanks for keeping us informed)

Guess I can remove your name from my daily prayer list and make room for someone that needs it.

;-)

Thanks for the update. Thank God you're doing so well!

P.S. You're staying on the list whether you like it or not. :-)

• Moderators

It's going to be slow going for a while so don't rush it, you are old after all, it takes more time to heal when your this age. [:o] [;)]

It's really nice to hear things are going so well, it may not feel like it sometimes but your doing great considering where you were just a few weeks ago. [{]

Ron,

We have never met nor have we ever corresonded(I don't think) on the forums but your recovery has been nothing short of a miracle. I am deeply embaressed for not responding to this post earlier. Multitudes of prayers and well wishes are powerful and effective and really do drive the healing hands of our masterful creator. I am totally amazed at how many on this forum[A] have responded and come to your aid, and more amazed how many rely on the power of prayer. Considering how society is taking God out of everything around us, we still have the choice to hold hands and offer up our prayers and petitions to the Almighty One in times like these and in times when complacency[6] fools us into believing we can do it all on our own.

One last bit of rambling, obey your doctor.[Y][Y][:D]

Bill

• 1 month later...

Well, just as they put the paddles to Ron, time to put the paddles to this one for one last note...

Ron will report to work here at Helmerich & Payne Int'l Drilling Company's Greensport (Houston) facility Monday as Corporate Video Producer.

Hopefuly, the company provided vehicle will keep him off the motorcycles.

Friends, it don't get much better than this...

Dave

Good coda to the story and I'm happy to hear that this is the outcome. It's kind of like the American dream is still alive - at least in some form.

Too often, however, the end notes aren't early as poetic as this and people's life just fall apart, I'm sorry to say.

It's good to listen to Fulgum's admonitions in All I Really Need to Now, I Learned in Kindergarten:

"When you go out into the world, watch for traffic, hold hands, and stick together..."

Chris