Klipsch Heritage Series Owners Informal Poll

What heritage speakers would you like to own, or own!

August 2002 1980 Klipschorns black desinger

Feb 2003 1975 Klipschorns walnut oil

Age when buying Klipschorns

37 black designers

38 1975 walnut

Got them 6 months apart!

Age at first new Klipsch purchase

25 1990 KG-3s

I have owned a lot, listened a lot over the past 27 years, at 38 im pretty much set, although i might be the first to own 3 pair!

Regards Jim

9.gif

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own? (I currently own a pair of Heresy IIs.)

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker? (21)

3. What is your current age? (36)

4. Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model? (Sound, value, and style)

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? (La Scalas and Heresy IIs) Why? (They sound great and are classics.)

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK? (No)

• 2 weeks later...

1. Currently own two pairs of cornwalls 1977 and 1984. Perhaps would like to own a pair of Belle Klipsch

2 I purchased a pair of cornwalls when i was 22.

4. Have never heard any current klipsch models other than teh outdoor speakers I bought a couple of years ago. When I was looking for my most recent cornwalls I looked at ( but never heard) a pair of used KG 4s. I stayed with my corwall quest because I after a number of years chasing quality sound in other speakers ( Paradigm, parasound, NHT, bose) I never found anything that I could afford that even came close to Klipsch Heritage. Actually I hadnt heard anything at any price that was as pleasing to me.

5. Bell Klipsch. because I dont have them and i dont have the room for K horns

I dont know enough about them to comment.

joshnich

1984 cornwalls

1977 cornwalls

Scott 299 NOSVALVES

Fisher 400

Sony c222ES SACD Changer

VPI wh-19 w/ Audioquest PT-9 Arm and Sumiko Blue cart.

Dual 1009 w/ Shure V 15

Warfedale w-70s

1. I own a a pair of 1989 Heresy IIs.

2. I got them as a birthday present last week.

3. Just turned 54.

4. Price, size, sound.

5. LaScalas, I don't have corners for the Khorn, or more Heresies.

6. Sure.

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own?

I own the legendary Klipschorns!!

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker?

I was 21

3. What is your current age?

I am 39

4. Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model?

It was a toss-up between the Khorns and the Cornwalls... Overall, I thought the Khorns had the better sound.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why?

I almost bought a pair of MCM Grands, but decided the woofer sections were just a tad big for the living room. If I had to do it all over again, I'd get the Klipschorns.

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK?

Yes.

Thanks for your responses!!

>> I bought a pair of Heresy IIs in 1990, and they have been the speakers for my main stereo setup ever since.

>> 19 years old

>> 32 years old

>> They were the best sounding loudspeakers that I auditioned.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why?

>> I would purchase any that I can afford, and that I would have a use for...

Why?

>> Because I think the Heritige speakers are some of the finest sounding speakers ever made.

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK?

>> I have never heard of the "Jubilee."

• 3 weeks later...

1.  What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own? Own Cornwalls, would like LaScalas, Khorns, heck ALL of em

2.  What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker? 32

3.  What is your current age? 44

4.  Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model? Used and were available cheap, I'd worked for PA company that used LaScala Industrials for disco and also owned a MCM full stack!

5.  If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase?  Why? more Cornwalls cause I love mine, LaScala industrials for PA, Khorns if a new home allowed for a 'theatre' room

6.  Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK?don't know much about these, but if they are PWK, they're IN!

please publish survey results so we can all share ;-)

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own? Klipsch Horns 1978

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker? 31

3. What is your current age?55

4. Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model? What are now Heritage Series was the Klipsch line-up in 1978,

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why? RF-7, to replace RF-3 Front center. The RF-3 would replace the KV-1 rear center. RS-3II(RS-35) to replace KSS-5 rear surrounds which would become front effects.

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK? No opinion.

Rick

1. Earlier this very month, I purchased a pair of damaged6.gif , but still working, '88 La Scalas to replace my still loved KG4's. When space allows I plan a full heritage HT setup, using K-Horns if possible, but more likely all La Scalas.

2 and 3. 34

4. When I was 16, my high school marching band had a pair, that once I heard them (La Scalas) I knew I heard a real speaker. They filled up an immense band rehearsal hall (approximately 20' x 60' x 25') and I could still hear individual instrumentalists and at the end of a song, there was this beautiful sustain, that died in the wind. And since then, I have seen them in clubs, still impressing audiences.

5. Probably used, just due to cost issues and I prefer the Heritage speakers made from plywood versus MDF, even though a few members of this forum have made the argument that the MDF is better for engineering reasons, the plywood seems like it will last longer, just like PWK intended. Off the topic, this makes me wonder what PWK would have though of "disposable" Hi-Fi gear. That is, that it is often cheaper to replace with new than to repair a broken piece of gear.

6. Yes, I believe if PWK was still here it would have joined the heritage line. I also think the name should be changed to "Requim"

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

1974 Khorns. I might build a set of LaScala clones later. Not interested in any of the others.

I only ever wanted Khorns and I got a mint pair cheaper than I could have bought any of the other models new.

Maybe the Jubilees, but I'm not interested in any of the others. Next will be a set of Edgarhorn type speaks.

If you really need to label it, no. The Heritage are a line based on older designs. It should stand on it's own.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Pair of 1972 Hereseys

2. 37

3. 57

4. I first heard Klipschorns and fell in love with the Klipsch product line. I thought the Hereseys would be the closest I would ever get to the Klipsch sound.

5. Klipschorns, I just believe they are the best sounding speaker I have ever hear.

6. Yes, I had an opportunity to hear a prototype of that speaker on the First Hope Tour. I will never forget it.

9.gif

I own 2 pair Cornwalls, 76 & 85, and one pair Heresy speakers 1979.

45 years old

3. What is your current age? 45 years old

The Heresy was the only Klipsch speaker I had ever heard (and that hearing nearly 20 years ago), so I bought those first. the size of the room I was using them in dwarfed the Heresys, but I liked the mid/highs, and the Cornwalls were the next step. A local pair appeared on EBAY and there ya go.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Khorns. Why? if they are an improvement over the Cornwall, then they have to be audio gold. I love my Cornwalls. In every single way.

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the 'Heritage' line, since it was also designed by PWK?

Sure, why not?

1. Belles in Oiled Oak with Cane

2. Bought in 1984; age 27

3. Current age is 46

4. It was the most I could afford with MAC C33 preamp - both were $2500 in 1984 so I used the 25 watt/channel headphone amp in the C33 to drive the Belles until I could afford a real power amp.

4. Heritage was the only thing available back in those days.

5. Heresy II oiled oak with cane for 5.1 system.

6. No opinion on Jubilee - need info

1:just got a pair of 1985 heresey 2's raw birch (perfect)

2:41 yrs.old

3:41 yrs.old

4:i got an UNBELEIVABLE deal on these-really!!

5:klipschorns-they ARE the kings-of-klipsch

6:absolutely

these are my answers to the original ? hdbr asked.

i am VERY happy w/ALL of my klipsch speakers in my ht room.

avman.

• 3 weeks later...