Klipsch Heritage Series Owners Informal Poll

Hey Folks,

Since there have been literally at least tens of millions of "heritage series" loudspeakers sold by Klipsch over the years, and in order to determine just how old "old hornies" actually are, I would like to have current and potential Heritage (Klipschorn, Belle Klipsch, LaScala, Cornwall, or Heresy ONLY please)owners answer the following questions:

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own?

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker?

3. What is your current age?

4. Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model?

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why?

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK?

Thanks for your responses!!

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 05-30-2002 at 01:54 PM

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Klipschorns (see my upcoming story for the whole history) and La Scalas (and KG4 and Epic CF4)

Uh, I liked them better? They sounded more like live music? I've never heard any other speaker that sounds remotely like them, and they sound less different from live music than any other speakers I've heard?

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why?

I owned La Scalas up till a short time ago. I intend to buy Jubilee when things turn around.

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK?

Duh?

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Ray's Music System

1. Currently own: 1980 Cornwalls, ??? LaScalas (tomorrow)

2. 21 or 22

3. 23

4. I never thought much about the other Klipsch speakers, I didn't know much about Klipsch other than the ProMedia series. I can't remember where I started reading about Cornwalls, but a pair came up for $350 CDN and I couldn't pass it up, BTW the LaScalas I'm picking up tomorrow are $500 CDN so that's two pairs of Heritage speakers for $850 CDN!

5. I've never heard the Klischorn so I'd like to hear them and maybe get a pair, when I move into some place bigger of course. I am curious about the horn loaded bass since my first taste of that was from the LaScalas I will pick up tomorrow. The bass just felt real with the LaScalas and this was in a poor setup with crappy amplification in this guys narrow basement!

6. The Jubilee is Heritage through and through!

PS - HDBR I think you built one of my two Cornwalls it says "BBF" in the corner of one and something else I can't remember now on the other.

------------------

- Cornwalls

- Parasound HCA-750A (soon Consonance Ella w/EL34s)

- Bottlehead Foreplay w/all upgrades

- Philips CD360 into a SoundStream DAC-1

You mean us pseudo-Heritage owners can't reply??? I'm starting a petition to include the minority interests of all the faithful Quartet, Forte and Chorus owners!! cwm30.gif

Colin

------------------

My System

This message has been edited by chickey on 05-30-2002 at 02:24 PM

I currently own a pair of 1981 Cornwalls.

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker? 20

3. What is your current age? Still 20

I first learned about the Heritage series from Klipsch's website. I was looking through at all the different speakers they made, and the Heritage looked the most impressive. I became very interested in them but was never able to afford them until recently when a pair came up for sale in a local pawn shop a few months ago. Upon hearing them, I knew they were the speaker for me.

I would like to eventually buy some LaScalas from 77-81, perhaps to go in the other room, or so I can have a multichannel Heritage system in the living room. I want to see what the horn-loaded bass is like but I think it would be to hard to accomidate K-horns in my room.

Definetly. It has so much in common with the Heritage series speakers. It's just more evolved. I love the wooden mid/HF horn. The whole thing looks like it should be awesome. To bad I'll never be able to afford it for a LONG time, but that's what used speakers are for. cwm7.gif

-Jon

------------------

markvi82@hotmail.com

1981 Cornwall I's

Yamaha DSP-A1000 integrated amp

Acoustic Research AR3A's for Pro-Logic rears

(Music only setup)

Marantz CD Player

Pioneer turntable with Audio Technica cartridge

This message has been edited by Cornwalled on 05-30-2002 at 03:18 PM

Own: La Scala's. Want 3 Heresy's for HT

I also own KG's and SF's. But...Nothing beats them "bigolhorns"

Heresy's for Home Theater

Yes

------------------

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/MYSTUFF.jpg

Hi

Currently own '83 Khrons and '81 Heresys as well as other Forte's which should be included (agree with Chickey)

I have owned '83 Cornwalls and '89 Chorus (OOPS AGAIN) but have sold both of them.

1981 Heresy's (still own) at the age of 18.

Fell in LOVE with the Khorn the first time I heard one. Took me 10 years to get a pair. Owned other Heritage speakers till then.

Will probably finish of my new HT (someday)with some LaScalla. replacing the Forte's on the sides and Heresy's in the rear with LaScalla K400 horns to match the Khorns performance.

Yes...

Quick question HDBR. Did PWK have any input in the Reference line? If so, or not, another story would be nice.

Thanks,

JM

This message has been edited by j-malotky on 05-30-2002 at 03:36 PM

1. One pair Khorns, 1 pair LaScalas

2. Bought LaScalas for PA system @ age 20.

3. 43.

4. Fell in love with the tight, accurate bass and the crisp, clear mids and highs. Khorns took my breath away. Still own KG4s and KLF30s, but nothing compares to the Heritage line.

5. I'd love for Klipsch to create a Heritage Center speaker that would match other Heritage mains and still fit in a standard RPTV Home Theater setup. I'd also like to get another pair of LaScalas or Belles for back surrounds and some Cornwalls for no good reason at all other than they are Cornwalls.

6. Absolutely-They have the Heritage sound through and through to my ears.

quote:

Originally posted by HDBRbuilder:

Hey Folks,

Since there have been literally at least tens of millions of "heritage series" loudspeakers sold by Klipsch over the years, and in order to determine just how old "old hornies" actually are, I would like to have current and potential Heritage (Klipschorn, Belle Klipsch, LaScala, Cornwall, or Heresy ONLY please)owners answer the following questions:

LaScala

bought those Scalas for 250$!
:o
)

used klipschorns, Jubilee if i get rich

don't know. Maybe it should stay a "statement", without being part of an existing line.

Thanks for your responses!!

I have owned:

1977 Heresy's bought new in '77 - still own

late 70's Cornwalls (sold to fellow BB member)

1998 Belle Klipsch - still own

1778 Klipschorns - still own

Heritage was all that was available when I bought my first pair of Klipsches. I presently do own other non-Heritage models due to the WAF.

I am actively looking for another pair of Cornwalls. When I sold my first pair I had to make room for my Klipschorns but I want another pair again to complete a Heritage HT at some point in time. Also I will have 2 homes to Klipschize in a couple of years. I will be very interested in a pair of Jubilees if I win the lottery.

My first thought would be yes, of course!

But then I wonder:

Who actually bestowes the coveted "Heritage" designation on the speakers? If you click on the "Products" link and then on "Heritage" you won't find the Cornwall...

There are many other Klipsch speakers that some folks have said deserved the "Heritage" moniker (Forte', Chorus for example) but are relegated to mere

"Classic" status.

I don't know what role PWK had in the development of the early "Classics". Would PWK have added the Jubilee to the "Heritage" line-up or does it have more to do with the longevity of the particular design? Just a thought...

Boy I know I am going to get FLAMED now!

1. 1954 Klipschorns. 1974 Belle. 1983 Cornwalls. Previously owned 1976 Klipschorns. Also own pseudo-heritage 1995 Forte II's.

2. The first pair of heritage speakers, the '54's, were part of my life since birth. They were my fathers and ownership was transferred about 15/16 years ago. Next came the Belle, technically my first 'purchase' I was 38.

3. 39

4. To match my Khorns as a center speaker.

5. Would purchase (and intend to) another Belle or a single Cornwall. Because I now need a rear center that matches my all heritage HT.

6. Naturally. What else WOULD it be classified as?

------------------

Ed

I've had my '64 Cornwalls since the late 1970's.

I've owned Belles, La Scalas, Hereseys

Always wanted K-Horns but never had any

I guess I was about 24 or 25 when I bought the Cornwalls

My dad had a K-Horn in a mono system I grew up with, so I guess I was about 4 when I first heard it!

I just turned 47 last week

I've owned LOTS of speakers over the years and have never heard ANYTHING like the clean, clear, yet in-your-face dynamics of Klipsch Heritage speakers.

Still want K-Horns, but they flat-out will not work in my space, where I've lived and listened for the last 15 years.

I'd love to see and hear the Jubilees--especially if they have the wooden horn. I would also like to see these offered with Macassar Ebony cabinets--I'll be all over those!! I'm a retro, old-shcool guy and these really appeal to me. And I can afford them if they are really going to be as great as I imagine they might be.

Who cares if you call them "Heritage?" We all know what they are!

How many pairs of home Jubilees do you think Klipsch can sell at $15K/pair? A few hundred a year maybe?

And will ANY dealers carry a pair to demo? Maybe a handful in the entire country? Guess we'll have to travel to hear them!

1. 1973 Klipschorns (1973-1981 RIP)

1993 Quartets (1994-Current)

1980 Cornwalls (2001-Current)

1975 Cornwalls (2002-Current)

2. 27

3. 56

4. In 1973 "Heritage" was an expectation, but not yet a fact and there were/are no other choices for the Best Speakers in the World!!

5. More Cornwalls 1977 or prior with Walnut or better veneer. With the correct room (a dream for the future), 1977 or prior K-Horns again.

6. I think "Heritage" is "Heritage". The new speakers are just that "New" from a marketing standpoint it would be best to avoid the "Heritage" label even though they have ties to the history(read past), it will turn some buyers off. It's a good line to use in advertising in a low key manner, but they are still "New" and should be marketed that way.

I mean no disrespect to PWK by the above. I am just stating my opinion (which is very humble) of how to sell this product in today's market.

Mike

This message has been edited by Good2BHome on 06-01-2002 at 12:01 PM

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own? ... I currently own two pairs of Cornwalls: 1975 CD-BR & 1986 CII-BR.

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker? ... 33

3. What is your current age? ... 42

4. Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model? ... Didn't like the sound of KG's, etc.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? ... Klipschorns ... Why? ... I was introduced to Klipsch by listening to Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture on Klipschorns via McIntosh tube gear and Linn LP12 turntable. Absolutely astonishing sound and I wasn't really much into classical at the time. Changed format over to rock and they handled that superbly. I just don't have a big enough room currently to fully utilize the Klipschorns (yet).

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK? ... Yowsah

1. 4 khorns= 51 model b walnut toner,59 model c mahonany,59 model d with covers, 58 model d naked.

59 model h ,59 shorthorn,60 cornwall,67 cornwall.

pair of 67 hearsay.

2. 1980 pair of 60,s hearsay at 20

3. 44

4. The orig klipsch line sound the best and the

the way they built them way back.

5.like to find orig 40's khorn. a mate to my 51 khorn,60 cornwall. orig 60,s lascala.

6. undecided

Cornwalls, New in 1972 ($369/each RB)

Cornwall was the most I could afford in 72

Id like a single La Scala or Belle for the center

Yes

HDBR,

1. Cornwalls (and psuedo-Heritage Fortes which I love for the same reason as the cornwalls).

2. 27

3. 27

4. My first Klipsch speakers were the promedia 5.1s. That brought me to this website, which led to the 2 channel forum, which led to the heritage series several months later. As HDBR accurately predicted in the 2 channel forum debate (RF-7 vs. Cornwall) the cheaper computer klipsch were my foot in the door. Now that I have been introduced to the product by Klipsch and their marketing fiends who decided to infiltrate the pc world and educated by the knowlegeable consumers who come to these forums, I am a dedicated consumer of the Klipsch line (Heritage in particular!)

5. Sure...If I could I would keep goin' up (K-Horns in the living room, Heresy in the bathroom), but a guy's gotta know when to not push his girlfriend too far.

6. Ummmm...sure. But this is coming froma guy who is admittedly more invested in the Klipsch product than the mystique of PWK. I know that it may be perfectly ridiculous to try to delineate these two "things," I'm just trying to say that I'm buying the Jubilee (in my hypothetical I have a truckload of money world) because they sound good not b/c they have the "Heritage" stamp of approval. Take this with a grain of salt, however, as I am also the same guy that believes his fortes are Heritage b/c they are heavy, wooden, and came from *gasp* the 80s.

------------------

Two Channel System:

Klipsch Fortes (1988)

Jolida 202a

Rega Planet

Denon DP 3000 tt (Stax tonearm; Grado Gold cart.)

1.i own la scalas,cornwalls,heresys....want k-horns.chourus 2.22 when bought la scalas 1980 3.MR.KLIPSCH need i say more,loved them 4 had ar2ax,altecs....heard klipsch and knew they were the ones,,trust your ears 5 want k-horns, 6 yes for sure if only to honor MR. KLIPSCH.....

I've owned 2 sets of LaScalas and 1 set of Cornwalls, bought first bought LaScalas in 1974 at age of 25. Sold off LaScalas and started playing with VOTs around 1985, bought used Cornwalls for $350 around 1996, traded them a couple of years later for Altec 605s. I'm 53. If I was going to buy new Klipsch speakers I'd get motion picture theater speakers from the pro line; double 15s in vented boxes and 2" driver on big tractrix horn. Recently I came THIS close to buying a pair of used KP-301s, sort of pro Cornwalls but better, at Sam Ash. I think the pro side is really where the action is. I'm puzzled by how little interest there is here in the pro speakers for home use.

This message has been edited by TBrennan on 05-30-2002 at 10:21 PM

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own? 4 La Scalas

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker? 42

3. What is your current age? 45

4. Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model? The sound I heard in 1975.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why? K-horns; The sound I heard in '75.

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK? Yes!

John