Klipsch Heritage Series Owners Informal Poll

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own?

Owned a pair Heresy in College 1980-85 (five year plan, lol) and bought a pair of K-Horns in 1994

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker?

19 the first time, 33 the second time

3. What is your current age?

4. Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model?

the dynamics, clarity at high levels (especially important during the college parties)

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why?

make a HT usinf refernce line, I might fill out the heritage system for HT by adding a Belle as center Channel and a couple of la scalas or heresys for suround duty...

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK?

Absolutely!!!!! no doubt whatsoever

warm regards, tony

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you HDBR builder

As the same situation goes, the heritage would be no longer called heritage after the company was sold!

Id accept the Jubilee also as heritage!

Seems like the chorus was built in the same era as when Klipsch was sold to the family!

Thats like also saying the academy is heritage!

SO

Klipsch chorus

Klipsch academy

Klipsch forte

Tagent

are all just Klipsch by name!

The heritage to me seems like Pauls (personal) heritage, anything else ever built was just Klipsch!

I can tell buy some build qualitys ive seen!

OK so i have /Klipsch/ speakers and traded off the heritage, SUX!

Ill have K-horns soon i hope, thatll fix that!

I love the sound of my chorus!

Regards Jim

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own? I bought my Belles in 1981.

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker? I was 31.

3. What is your current age? I am 54.

4. Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model? I liked the sound of the Belles and the Khorns were too big for my room.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why? More Belles.. for my rears (currently using AR3a's I bought in 1974)

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK Yes..

1.Heresy's which I then traded up to Forte's. I no longer have the Forte's. I went with the Forte's because they had better LF response. I did a stupid thing and tried to get something better. I came back to the Klipsch fold with KLF10's.

2.The year was 1987, I was 30 at the time.

4.Heritage line was all the store offered at that time.

5.I couldn't go with the Heritage line due to space limitations.

6.Jubilees should be in the Heritage line.

This message has been edited by Tommytutor on 06-02-2002 at 09:05 AM

I was wrong on the whole heritage thing!

I was set straight, by a great person here on the BB!

Thank you

Heritage, speakers rule the world. And im in there, just in a different way!

These chorus rock, i love them, and will definately not part with them ill add them to my dream speaker set down the road, the K-horns!

In the mean time, im seriously looking for herseys for rears!

Thatll be first!

If i can just get this dam cadillac road ready, ill be set!

Itll be sold!

Well, sorry for the heritage down talk, i was informed, and not understanding with the way the heritage were named and placed!

You guys are the greatest!

Regards Jim

quote:

Originally posted by SCOOTERDOG:

Reading everyones answers there is more in common then just our heritage lines we own...Our ages. If you notice all of us are over 40. If only the young ones new what they are truely missing out on. My daughter has her friends over and I always get the same question when they see the La Scala's...Did you build those? Of course I always give the same answer, I wish!

Then they get a little education on Klipsch and then a listening demonstration. Both 2 channel and 6 channel DVD-A. The look in there face is always the same...Wow!

Hehe...read carefully, and you'll see you're wrong! Some of us are just over 20!

I'm 24, and I'm dreaming about klipsch heritage speakers since the age of 16. Don't forget that the Heritage line is still mentioned in many today's reviews; LaScala won the "Diapason d'Or" (golden diapason) in a review from 1996. So there are quite a few younger one that have had the opportunity to hear about Klipsch big speakers.

Hopefully!! I wonder if I still would love hi-fi if i were stuck with a pair of Paradigm columns ;o)

Frans

Couldn't have said it any better myself since that was the first thing I said upon listening to them for the first time, and ever since.

cwm1.gif

HDBR,

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own? 1976 LaScala's

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker? 37

3. What is your current age? 38

4. Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model? My first taste of Klipsch came in 1977 when my friend and I played his dad's Cornwalls with a Technics receiver and turntable. I know that it was not audiophile but to a impressionable teenager it was the best thing I had ever heard. I had never listened to the Heritage series but when a chance to buy my LaScala's came up I knew that I had found the Holy Grail.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why?

K-Horns, so I could buy another LaScala and have Heritage Home Theater like HornEd and other s on this board. Smile.gif

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK? Yes, not only because it was his last design, but also in honor to him.

Greg

1. I have "owned" my '78 Cornwall COO's for 4 years and love them dearly.

2. I found these when I was 54.

3. 58

4. Found them at a thrift store...What A Find! No marks or scratches and sound wonderful.

5. I'd be inclined towards Heresy because of size. House is too small.

6. Definately! PWK's legacy.

I'm a bit late to the party since I've been "coastering" for the last week,

so here goes:

I currently own a set of Cornwall II's (mains). I want a set of Klipschorns as well, when the budget is ready (or a real cheap set comes along).

Age 35 (although I've wanted a set for almost 20 years).

The Heritage series speakers reproduce that "live concert sound" that I am so accustomed to - I've seen hundreds of live concerts over the years. No other speaker for the price comes close - and in the Heritage line, the Cornwall represents the most "bang for the buck" and ease of placement (compared to the larger Heritage).

The Klipschorn, because it is the standard by which any speaker should be judged. I want a set for a dedicated 2 channel system. If I could have any speaker for this purpose, this would be it.

I also want a single Belle as a center channel in my HT - more suitable for this duty vs. my Academy center channel.

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK?

Yes.

------------------

Klipsch Cornwall II's (mains)

Klipsch Academy (center channel)

Klipsch Chorus (surrounds)

Outlaw 750 Amplifier (5x165)

H/K AVR 75 (used as pre/pro - will be upgraded soon)

Bass Kit:

2 JBL 4638 LFE/Bass Reinforcement cabinets

Crown CE 1000 amplifier

Behringer Feedback Destroyer (Bass EQ)

Sources:

Pioneer DV-333

2 Aiwa ADF-850 3 head cassette decks

General Instruments cable box

Panasonic VHS PV-4459

Digital Audio Labs CardDeluxe (computer sound)

f> c> s>

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own? Started with Cornwalls (v-1977), then gave them to my brother-in-law when I got my current K-horns (v-1974, KB-RO). Also have 2 pairs of Heresy II's (H-WO) with both cane & black grills.

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker? I was 22.

3. What is your current age? I am 37.

4. Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model? Are there any other models worth mentioning besides the Heritage series? I also like the high sensitivity (104 dB) for my flea powered 45 - 2A3 amps.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why? A center channel Belle (B-RO) to match my K-horns instead of using a Heresy CC.

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK? Yes...only it is sounds as good or better than the Cornwall!

1982 Cornwalls.

25 :P

Require high sensitivity to drive my 2.75W amps. Also the Heritage series are well-regarded for quality of sound and construction.

If I have the room and resources, then it will be the Klipschorns.

No comments.

------------------

My system

This message has been edited by Weiming on 06-05-2002 at 08:16 AM

1. Currently own, Belle's & Heresy II's. I would like to have a La Scala or Cornwall for a center channel. I would eventually like to have Klipschorns in place of the Belle's.

2. Heard them in my teens, purchased on my own when I was around 22. (Heresy I's)

3. 40

4. Tried others started with CV D-8's, then Polk Audio RTA-12C's, but ended up with a pair of Forte's they hands down sounded better and could take the power of the DBX BX-3 300 Watt per channel power amp I had at the time.

5. Klipschorns would be my next purchase if I were to buy more Klipsch speakers. Because I have always wanted to own a pair. I think they are nothing short of incredible.

6. Yes

------------------

Living Room

Sony KP-43T70 43" Television

Denon AVR 3300 A/V Receiver (ALF/ARF)LWE-I's w/motion feedback

DBX BX-3MkII Power Amplifier (400W X 1)(KV-4 Center)

DBX BX-1 Power Amplifier (400W X 2)(Belle's - Oak Clear/Cane)

DBX BX-3MkII Power Amplifier (200W X 4)(RR/ARR/LR/ALR) (Heresy II's (Walnut/Cane) & Infinity SM82 (Walnut)

Klipsch KSW-15 Powered Subwoofer (2)

Nakamichi DVD-10 DVD/LCD/CD Player

DBX DX-5 CD Player w/DAIR

Pioneer CT-S88R Programmable Auto-Reverse Cassette Deck

Technics SL-DL5 DD Linear Tracking Turntable

JVC HR-S7500U SVHS Video Cassette Recorder

RCA DRD-485RG Digital Satellite Receiver

VC3 Deluxe Video Clarifier

DBX 400XG Program Route Selector

DBX 120X-DS Subharmonic Synthesizer/Electronic Crossover

DBX 3BX-DS 3-Band Dynamic Range Controller

DBX 14/10 14-Band Computerized Equalizer/RTA Analyzer/SPL Meter

Panamax 1000+ Surge Protector/Line Conditioner

Sega Dreamcast w/3 Controllers & VMU's/S-Video Output

Bedroom

Yamaha RX-900U Receiver

Panasonic DVD-A120U DVD/CD Player

Sony SLV-740HF Hi-Fi VCR

BBE Audio Recovery System

A/D/S L300E Mini Speakers (Eggshell)(LF/RF)

JBL T545's (Rear)

GE 20" Television

Originally posted by HDBRbuilder:

Hey Folks,

Since there have been literally at least tens of millions of "heritage series" loudspeakers sold by Klipsch over the years, and in order to determine just how old "old hornies" actually are, I would like to have current and potential Heritage (Klipschorn, Belle Klipsch, LaScala, Cornwall, or Heresy ONLY please)owners answer the following questions:

Own: Cornwall 1's circa 1979 Black with home-made risers

Want: K-Horns..who doesn't except for K-Horn owners? Heresy's for HT. Academy Center. Currently "suffering" with RS-3's and KLF-C7 Center.. AIIIEEE!

I had been hitting audio stores and auditioning Klipsch speakers since 1974 or so. Wanted K-horns then but c'mon.. I was in high school and Klipsch were some of the best and highest priced speakers around. I joined the Navy after high school in 1977 and I was stationed in Norfolk, Va. I was sent off to Sigonella Sicily in 1979 and finaly had the money to pickup my first pair of Klipsch, 1979 Cornwalls, BB.

Well, let's see.. THERE WERE NO OTHER MODELS! lol..well, at that point I certainly didn't know about or care about any other models. I was looking at K-Horns or what I felt was the closest match for less money.

K-horns.. why? Doh..

Academy Center - HT

Heresys - HT

I don't know about anybody else but I love my Cornwalls but finding matching HT speakers that will actually fit where you want them is difficult! Some people say get more Cornwalls..yeah.. ok.. righto.. you need a TON of space for something like that and a cornwall center and rear center are rediculous! Even the rears! Only thing I can figure are Heresy's and Academy's for front/rear centers or more Heresy's for front/rear centers but I'd rather use..umm.. centers for size/look. I wish klipsch would support HT for Heritage speakers!

Um..I don't even know what they are! I'll have to look around but from the sounds of them..I'll never afford them...hell, I can't even justify K-horns!

cwm1.gif

------------------

Bob Lindabury

SPEAKERS

Fronts: Cornwalls (2)

Center: KLF-C7 (1)

Rears: RS-3's (2)

Sub: AudioSource SW-15

Rear Center: Umm...any suggestions?

AMP: Sony STR-DB1070 6.1

MISC:

Hafler DH-200 Amp;Yamaha C-50 Pre-Amp; Technics SL-1410MK2 Turntable; Sony DVP-S360 DVD

http://www.ravenimaging.com/bobl/audioequip

Raven -

You're right on the money. I have Chorus II's, an Academy, and RS-7 surrounds. Wish Klipsch would help us loyal Classic/Heritage owners out by supporting home theater more aggressively in the Heritage line. At the very least, tell us what's the best match as we upgrade our existing systems to 5.1/6.1/7.1 surround.

I like you am confused as to what to buy for rear center duty -- something old that matches the Chorus II and Academy front end, or something new that matches the Reference surrounds? Klipsch, are you listening??? Sales opportunties await, but only if your customer is properly educated! cwm30.gif

BTW, I just noticed your signature -- I'm just up the road from you on 287.

Colin

------------------

My System

This message has been edited by chickey on 06-12-2002 at 03:19 PM

Currently own '85 Heresy II's, '85 Cornwall II's.

24, got the cornwalls

Curently 26

Was able to get them used for a fair price, uncle was selling them because they were too large.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used),

which ones would you purchase? Why?

I would probably buy another set of heresy's or cornwalls to comlete the hifi/hometheater combo.

nerver heard of it until now?

quote:

Originally posted by chickey:

I like you am confused as to what to buy for rear center duty -- something old that matches the Chorus II and Academy front end, or something new that matches the Reference surrounds?

I would get rid of the RS-7's and replace them with either Chorus II's or Forte II's. You will notice a huge difference, especially with 5.1 DVD-A and concert DVD's. Most DVD-A's send a full signal to the rears (Blue Man Group's "Audio" is a prime example of this) and I don't think the WDST speaker could handle it, or keep up with your mains.

As for the rear center, the obvious choice is another Academy. Smile.gif However, a KLF-C7 works as well. I'm currently using one as my center channel w/Chorus I's and II's, and although not perfect, it is good enough for now. Not sure how it's gonna sound with the La Scala's however...

Mike