Klipsch Heritage Series Owners Informal Poll

1. Owned Cornwall Is with B2 crossover for 17 years, bought 1989"B" style Khorns, with AK2 crossovers in oiled walnut finish last year.

2. Was 24 when I first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker

3. Now 45

4. Choose used Cornwalls for their low cost, 15 woofers and ultra-sensitivity for my Dynaco ST-70 monoblock amplifiers

5. I would purchase Khorns, LaScala or Belles as side/rear horns to match my mains

6. I think the still NOT coming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line

Like James McCall, I too would like to see a SVS style sub in a Khorn type cabinet to match the Heritage line. I would also like to see higher end Reference series loudspeakers and low cost Aragon bundled systems.

what is the tally for age and experience?2.gif

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own?

The quick version:

4 pair of Heresy I

2 pair of Cornwall I

3 pair of La Scala

1 pair of Klipschorns,

1 single Belle

And the longer version, the set up:

I bought my first Heresys when I owned a pair of KG2s, at the time when I started to set up my home theater I picked up a KV3 and a Denon receiver. I used this set up for five or six years until I moved into a place I couldnt use it time to sell it all. Less than a year later time to build again. I got a pair of Forte IIs, not planning on a surround sound set up I picked up an Adcom amp and pre-amp. It was not long before I saw a pair of Klipschorn and a Belle posted in a local classifieds, Klipschorns were a dream since I sold them at a hi-fi shop. This was the beginning of the speaker madness at my house the last few years. It may stabilize soon, well see. I couldnt resist the Klipschorns, I sold the Forte IIs and moved into surround sound, I was amazed with Belle as a center channel (another Denon receiver). The rest of the speakers were trades or purchases, I checked out some of the models I had wanted for years, listened to the whole Heritage line and figured out what I liked the most, moved, had to re-adjust and have now settled... Yeh right! I currently am using 2 pair of Pro La Scala (two piece so I can hang the mid/high cabinets at the top of my screen and angle them) for front and rear and a Pro Heresy with a 15 pro woofer in line for the center channel. I have yet to let go of many of the pairs I am not using (two pair of Cornwall and a pair of La Scala lined up by the wall in the living room).

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker?

21 or 22, original Heresy, sold them to a friend a few years ago.

3. What is your current age?

4. Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model?

Sound quality, other speakers do not sound as natural and dynamic to me, ability to handle all kinds of music. Everyones ear is different, I like the sound of the horns, I sold Klipsch speakers (Heritage and original KG series) when I was a teenager.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why?

For now in my house the Professional Klipsch is what I like (for a number of reasons), I have switched to all Pro versions of the La Scala (front and rear) I would like a single two piece Pro La Scala for the center. I love the Cornwall and would buy them again when not using Pros

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK?

Dont have much opinion there, dont know what the definition of Heritage is supposed to be, I have thought of it as the classic lines that have remained alive due to their

I currently own a very old Shorthorn, a "pair" of 1953/54 Klipschorns in very good condition, Cornwall II's, Forte II's, and Heresys. I've also owned a pair of 1971 Klipschorns (when in college), 1974 LaScalsa, and 1972 Heresys....

I first heard Klipsch Heresy's in 1968 at a local dealer for which I worked (age 17).

3. What is your current age? 52

I love the dynamics of Klipsch speakers. When I was in college (for BSEE), I bought my first Khorns. In 1972, I set up a talk by PWK at Rochester Institute of Technology, where I was a student, and also a manager of a Klipsch dealer. I met Paul at the airport... he flew his own plane, and also was accompanied by Bob Moers, his General Manager. I recorded the talk on reel to reel, and will eventually make it available on CD. I set up Khorns in a large auditorium at RIT for demo after his talk. Paul was VERY encouraging about me completing my BSEE, and later sent me a complete set of his technical papers. We corresponded sporatically until his death.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase?

I have enough Klipsch speakers!

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK? I'm on the fence about this one... The real heritage speakers were made by Klipsch and Associates... it was a 'folksy' company... the new Klipsch appears to be 'big business'... not that it's a bad thing... just different from the old K&A!

I'm a big fan of klipsch, and have a huge library of Klipsch memoriabelia, including coffee mugs (from the 70's to 90's), tie clips, BS buttons, brochures, Dope From Hope, Crosstalk (a dealer newsletter), as well as PWK technical papers.

----------------

(1975 Heresy 1's)

(47)

(47)

(Found a pair at a garage sale for only $5.00. Couldn't turn that down.)
2.gif

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why?

(La Scalas. I think they would have the same sound character of the Heresy's only more of it.)

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK?

(Sure. If PWK did the work, that should be recognized.)

Dave
9.gif

------------------

9.gif

Currently have a pair of Forte. Building Khorns, want a Belle for Center

Thats all there was back then, chose the Fortes over a pair of Polks

Khorns, Belles, Heresy

dont know enough about it to answer

--- Currently own: Belles, Heresey, Will soon own La Scala, Chorus II and Forte (exteneded Heritage)

---Heard a pair of La Scalas, the rest is history.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase?

---Just purchased a pair of La Scalas to compliment my Belles.

Why?

---Timbre matching.

---No.

• 3 weeks later...

Great Post!!

My uncle had a pair of horns in the 80's and I thought they were the best thing since beer in a can.

I moved from Milwaukee Wi after High school to Jacksonville FL and bought my first set of Klipsch.

Heresey, Listed for 899.00 and he sold them to me for $750.00 I still have the receipt the books and the speakers.

They have traveled from Jacksonville Fl to Chicago Il back to Jacksonville Fl then to Atlanta Ga and they now live in Coppell Tx.

I was 19 when I bought those speakers and I am now 38.

I have a total of 15 Klipsch speakers in my home.

2 Heresey's 2 1977 Cornwalls 4 Ceiling Speakers A set of kg1.2 and 2 sets of kg1'S and a kg 2.2 as a center for our living room.

The Klipsch owner is like a life time Harley Davidson owner.

PWK must be rolling over in his grave.

Ford Motor Company has spent millions of dollors to create a following like Harley Davidson or Klipsch.

Klipsch has chosen to discard its following.

There are no Klipsch dealers in Dallas Texas.

It is a true American Shame

Kevin Dunn

Hey Folks,

Thought I'd respond to this one.

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own? I bought a pair of Heresies in 1977.

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker? I was a little under twenty then.

3. What is your current age? I'm old enough to know better.

4. Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model? I purchased my speakers because of their staggering sound quality. Ive seen Klipsch models come and go, but I thought none compared in quality of construction or quality of sound.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers (new or used), which ones would you purchase? Why? I still have my speakers. They did a lot of traveling while I spent twenty years in the service. They still sound great, and the cabinets have had a life of their own with many cherished memories. Im a little older and a little richer than I was at nineteen. Ive recently been considering the new R X-7 series Home Theater speakers.

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK? If someone close to the master thinks he would have wanted it that way, sure. ;)

I own 79 Cornwalls, 96 forte II's, 80 Hereseys, 2001 kg3.5, rc3-2, kb1.1 for computer.

first purchase 96, because the Fortes were the best speaker I found.

Currently 40.

Would like to replace the forte II's with RF-7's. Next house will definitely accomadate Khorns and I will own them with my next move.

Everytime I go to purchase speakers nothing seems to compare to Klipsch for sound and dollars spent. I was looking at B&W when I entered this Forum. Now I own the Cornwalls.

1. I currently own "Cornwall II"

2. Fourtysix.

3. Sixty.

4. Those were available by that time.

5. I already have one pair of Cornwall II, one pair of Chouros, and a pair of Klisch synergey monitors: KSB 3.1, KSC-C1 center channel, KSW 150 subwoofer and KSF-S5 surround speakers.

6. Yes

1. 1975 KWO's(new), 1977 LSBR's(new), 1980 HOO's(new). Only currently owned Heritage is a pair of rebuilt 1983 HBR's. Own lots of Synergy and Reference stuff for HT. Would like to have a set of KHorns again someday, only had mine for two years, miss them.

2. 18

3. 46

4. In '75 there were no other Klipsch, Still are'nt2.gif

5. If I had the proper room(cannot even build false corners)I would have a set of KHorns in a heartbeat! Kindof like that first Love, you never forget them and nothing after is quite as good.

6. After much thought, I can come up with no reason that the Jubilee should not be included in the Heritage line.

Jordan

• 3 weeks later...

La Scala

My Father has a set of horns that he bought when I was 4. I measured myself against them as I grew and listened to them while at the neighbors house. He loves his loud music! Since I became an "adult" I have listened to many diffrent speakers and I love these things! Only other speaker I would even consider I think would be a set of B&Ws, and I not spending 16k on a set of those. Besides that would be setteling. When I move back to the US I will find a set of horns to piss my wife off with! 11.gif

Horns! The are awesome. Great Bass response and the look like monoliths in the corners! More La Scalas would be nice also.

No, They can remain the Jubilee. Leave the Heritige line alone, if they change it they will loose the heritage.

Thanks for your responses!!

Your Welcome

----------------

On 5/30/2002 1:50:00 PM HDBRbuilder wrote:

Hey Folks,

Since there have been literally at least tens of millions of "heritage series" loudspeakers sold by Klipsch over the years, and in order to determine just how old "old hornies" actually are, I would like to have current and potential Heritage (Klipschorn, Belle Klipsch, LaScala, Cornwall, or Heresy ONLY please)owners answer the following questions:

2 Belles

Better sound.

Klipshorn if correct room was available otherwise More Belles.

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 05-30-2002 at 01:54 PM

----------------

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 5/30/2002 1:50:00 PM HDBRbuilder wrote:

Hey Folks,

Since there have been literally at least tens of millions of "heritage series" loudspeakers sold by Klipsch over the years, and in order to determine just how old "old hornies" actually are, I would like to have current and potential Heritage (Klipschorn, Belle Klipsch, LaScala, Cornwall, or Heresy ONLY please)owners answer the following questions:

------------------

If you want to send a private message, or have already done so, be aware I have not as yet been able to retrieve them. Send e-maill instead, please...just note Klipsch forum in the heading so it doesn't get deleted.

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 05-30-2002 at 01:54 PM
----------------

1) 3 pair cornwall, 2 pair heresy, 1 pair chorus

2) 17

3) 44

4) adolesent memories

5) klipschorns cause they are the topof the line

6)

2.gif3.gif6.gif10.gif9.gif Of course, cause I would love to BUY a pair

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and wanted to say hi. Hope everyone had a very happy Christmas this year. Now my answers to the poll.

1) Belle Klipsch

2) 26 yrs old

3) 54

4) Were not any other models other than Heritage at the time if I remember right.

5) If I had the room I would probably pick up another Belle or LaScala as a center channel.

6) No opinion. Have never heard them.

99'Lascala's birch raw, now oiled.

I heard a pair in 1974 and finally decided it was time.

In the future, Horns but I need more corners first. For the near future, Heresy's for surround speakers and another Lascala for a center.

Yes, but only if it is built exactly the way PWK would have expected.

• 3 weeks later...

I currently own Cornwall's and RB5-II's. If I had the room I would prefer to own La Scala's and Klipschorn's.

I chose the Cornwall's after listening to the majority of the Heritage line. This was due to the available cash at the time and size.

I would probably purchase either La Scala's or Klipschorn. They have most true, clean sound available.

Yes

1. What Heritage speakers have you owned, currently own, or want to own? - 1984 La Scala's (currently own), 1986 Heresy II's. See below for my intentions.

2. What was your age when you first purchased a Heritage series loudspeaker? - 22

3. What is your current age? - 42

4. Why did you choose Heritage loudspeakers over another Klipsch model? - I have always been a Klipsch fan and I loved the sound, they were the Klipsch standard when I bought them. There were no other line of Klipsch speaker when I bought mine, actually they werent even considered a Heritage Line then.

5. If you currently own some Heritage loudspeakers, and could purchase some more Klipsch speakers(new or used), which ones would you purchase? - Klipschorns would be my ultimate purchase but that is not in the mix just yet. I have an RC3II center, a set of Heresy II's for surrounds and I have a set of RB 15s but I want to add another La Scala split into 2 sections for my center and another Heresy's for surround R\L\C . The other option would be a Heresy for my center instead.

Why? - To finish my HT set up. I am going to refinish everything to match once I get my set up complete.

6. Do you think the upcoming Jubilee should become part of the "Heritage" line, since it was also designed by PWK? - Yeah probably.

6.gif