• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[image of 5-day forecast and coastal areas under a warning or a watch]

Pretty much as one one expect under current conditions. Of course, it remains way off but the current position of the summer high is conducive to Texas landfalls at this point. Of course, same for Debbie until she was about 24 hours out.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

The high is likely to run it towards the east of Texas, most likely Florida. However, as you said, much can happen before we know.

Dave

True, they're interesting to watch as the predicted path changes. This one tics slightly west with each update. I normally don't give much credence till they're about 3 days out, then the predicted paths are close to actual.

• Moderators

I am, well I don't have to, my wife does enough watching and reading for 10 people. She is off right now, filling up the car and a gas can and a diesel can.

It is not looking so great, I hope they predict some changes or just keep it to a 1 ?

post-11804-13819799847444_thumb.gif

The center of Isaac is currently a bit over 300 miles south of me. We're getting rain squawls coming through here. No bad winds at all but a lot breezer than normal. Locally they're not expecting anything really ugly. Just a couple of days of rain and storms.

Here's the satellite shot from 1:30 PM

Posted Image

It's a biggun. If it gains much strength once it gets in to the gulf some folks in north FL and AL are going to have a few very bad days.

And a quick note to all of the northern gulf coast (FL, AL, LA, & MS) members...

If the authorties give the word to evacuate DO IT. Don't hesitate. Don't argue. Don't decide to "hunker down and ride it out". Just go. The sooner the better. Your house and your stuff is replacable. Your life is NOT.

I'll choose "looking" dumb and surviving over "being" dumb every time.

Here's current wind map.

Posted Image

Marshall is on the north side of the lake shown. I would imagine he's seeing some pretty ugly weather right now. I'm about 60 miles northwest of Marshall. Right now the wind isn't too bad but it's been picking up steadily over the last hour or so.