Hurricane Season 2012

Mallette

• Moderators

Up by gatorville, so far about 7 1/2 - 8 inches.

I love when that happens, but the first time the sun comes out the humidity gets unbelievable.

It feels like that Texas high is over us now, HOT and humid, well hotter than normal and 0 chance for rain. [:(]

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have never see that kind of rain gage before, must be the special meteorological type ? Surprise

That's whats called a "Redneck Raingauge". Lot's of folks in these parts have them. Also popular are the 35 gallon oil drums.

Any conversation between two locals about a recent rain will include "Well I got half a bucket (or pail) last night. How much did you get at your place?".

Another popular use for these devices is as mosquito hatcheries. Because as we all know the one thing that Florida NEEDS more of is mosquitos.

• Moderators

Because as we all know the one thing that Florida NEEDS more of is mosquito's

Oh I know about mosquito's, were from Louisiana, which is Florida West when it comes to mosquito's.

Look at 2point getting all fancy with the tape measure in the bucket, he must live in a rich neighborhood. [;)]

If Florida was smart they would have constructed overflow areas with connecting canals to feed the water hungry West at a minimal cost per gallon of course.

Let's see if we can get the highway system up to a point where it can handle daily traffic before we start thinking about a "canal system".

I simply can't imagine the carnage on our roads if a big Cat5 storm was bearing down on Florida. More folks would die trapped in traffic trying to escape than if they had remained in their homes.

One of the things that struck me about the pre-Katrina media build up was the fly-over videos of fields full of school busses. Why were those not used to get people out?

If a big storm were to hit Miami, or Tampa Bay, or Jacksonville tomorrow it would make Katrina look like "light rain". Between "the population density" of Florida's major metropolitan areas and their outbound road access casualities would number in the tens of thousands if not the hundreds of thousands.

Florida is NOT ready for the next "big one". It's that simple. If an Emergency Management official says otherwise he's lying.

• Moderators

I just have to empty the bottles before I can begin construction. Wink

You gotta do what you gotta do.

That string would not work for CECAA, after looking at his pictures he would need rope to hang the kegs ! [Y]

Sorry but no weather to talk about, for now.

• Moderators

Never thought of that with our normal 95-100 and humid so I didn't think about temps up North I would never live there anyway. [:o]

They have frozen white stuff fall out the sky up there in winter, and if that isn't enough it gets so cold the ground even freezes and that's not even counting tornado's which give you a 3 second warning. [:$]

Started watching this bit this morning and the NWS had no mention. Certainly looked like circulation to me. Now, they are at least mentioning it but the image looks more developed than they suggest.

In any event, it's seriously looking like rain so it's welcome to hang around as long is it wants.

AN AREA OF DISORGANIZED CLOUDINESS AND THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE
NORTHWESTERN GULF OF MEXICO IS ASSOCIATED WITH AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW
OVER NORTHERN MEXICO. THIS SYSTEM HAS A LOW CHANCE...NEAR 0
PERCENT...OF BECOMING A TROPICAL CYCLONE DURING THE NEXT 48 HOURS.

post-9494-13819738341542_thumb.jpg

post-9494-1381976899568_thumb.jpg

post-9494-13819796049844_thumb.jpg