NBC Failed on audio for olympics

Utard

You would think they could do a little better with the audio?

The host voices where way to loud and the background way to soft.

Normaly I listen to tv at 35 on my volume and movies at about 25.

Just to hear the general sound I had to turn up to 20 and turn the center way down. And to get some LFE had to crank up to 10 for the music parts to sound decent. And then the commercials where way to loud.

Oh yeah they said 5.1 sound? Kind of reminded me of the old pro logic 4.0 forced simulated surround. In a word crap.

Anyway just felt like complaining.

Anyway just felt like complaining.

I'd like to add this -- this was the dullest, almost the weirdest, Olympics opening I can remember. For NBC's part, only one announcer for the first part of the Parade of Nations, no give-and-take or female-male alternation. The Parade seemed to be chopped up and abbreviated, presumably because it was on tape delay.

I thought the production was very uninspired and had no pacing to speak of. Even the queen looked pissed when she first appeared.

I'd like to add this -- this was the dullest, almost the weirdest, Olympics opening I can remember.

I bet you are not a fan of Monty Python?

I rather enjoyed it myself and found it interesting. Best when Meredith was not talking (or what ever her name is?). And what happened to her for the middle part?

It is also very nice to check out the hotties from all over the world.

I found most of the ceremonies interesting. But, their proudest moment is their social healthcare system? SERIOUSLY? Have they looked at eachother's dental work lately?? Yikes. -Glenn

post-10177-1381974003351_thumb.jpg

post-10177-13819770686582_thumb.jpg

post-10177-1381979787298_thumb.jpg

NBC Sports has been screwing up everything up lately.

They purchased the Verses channel which used to cover the Tour de France. NBC's coverage of it this year was erractic at best and very difficult to follow the program scheduling with time slots changing frequently making it difficult for the DVR to record and much of it was never shown live after the Olympic trails started.The trials were being covered by other networks so what's the point of buying Verses and then not covering the Tour de France live like Verses used to?

I found most of the ceremonies interesting. But, their proudest moment is their social healthcare system? SERIOUSLY? Have they looked at eachother's dental work lately?? Yikes. -Glenn

Glenn, not to pick a fight, but at the Chicago Blues Fest last year a friend of mine and I met two very lovely young ladies from London who were vacationing in Chicago. And they probably had the best dental work I've ever seen! Outstanding. I still remember their teeth. LOL

Actually I would like to see less "Baloney" talk and more action. Our local station is hamming it up pretty good with everything but the action. I would think a program of events would have helped explain things which tended to be a bit on the chaotic side.

JJK

Glenn, not to pick a fight, but at the Chicago Blues Fest last year a friend of mine and I met two very lovely young ladies from London who were vacationing in Chicago. And they probably had the best dental work I've ever seen! Outstanding. I still remember their teeth. LOL

I still remember this English gal's chopper's. It was a blind date. All was well until she started to talk...

kate-middleton-photo-image-rotten-teeth.

From my experience the younger generations teeth are better.

Actually I would like to see less "Baloney" talk and more action. Our local station is hamming it up pretty good with everything but the action. I would think a program of events would have helped explain things which tended to be a bit on the chaotic side.

JJK

I'm with you. Drop the upclose and personal b*ll and show more competition. I would prefer the ABC Wide World Of Sports approach. After all, this is an international competition.

jerol

I still remember this English gal's chopper's. It was a blind date. All was well until she started to talk...

kate-middleton-photo-image-rotten-teeth.

LMAO,..... thanks, I needed that......