Free Forresthump

cybergeek

Wanted to open for public comment. My posts also went down with the ship when the webmaster decided to delete

numerous entire threads. Seems he can't delete individual posts as he bluffed that he could in giving Forrest that option then turningcoat to an outright ban

of our lovable Forrest. Smile.gif

As I mentioned, in summary, I think many agree that those who Forrest took issue with had it coming. Now it is those that dance on his grave while they carry on

with their slamming of Klipsch, LLC for ignorant reasons, start their political agendas, etc.

On deleted threads:

Michael Hurd threatened to take a chainsaw to Forrest and make his wife a weeping widow.

Soundjunkie posted a driver's license of Forrest as Cheeta the Chimp.

Numerous others made derogotory remarks toward Forrest.

Kain previously decided to join a lop-sided thread in support of the Palestinians with his own support for their terrorism. Kain supports terrorism and brought it up first in this thread.

If I remember Forrest's last words were inviting the blade to fall by said Webmaster and his cry of in the words of William Wallace: "Freeeedommm".

This was 1/2 strike and you're out, and the rules were changed in midgame. In the end, Forrest's cause cannot and will not be deterred. But I call for the lifting of the ban on Forrest. The man some love to hate, but always entertaining and informative to me and most in one way or another. Smile.gif

------------------

live long & prosper

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one here cares, e-mail the web master if you have a problem with his actions.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Whatever ! I don't bash klipsch, and I only made that remark as a joke... BUT some people take it differently. I do not ridicule members for their belieifs or religions. I simply responded to a provocation - spouses and significant others are simply off limits. When I referred to clearcutting and weeping willows , am I not referring to foresting and trees ? Sure, I am ! I'm not saying that i'm going to kill you ! ALL IN CONTEXT ! Relax, have a beer, listen to some tunes and express your opinion... have fun - learn something new ... relate your experiences.... this is what this buletin board is for.

Rationalize all you want but just know that what led to

Forrest being banned was his beating you at your own game and only when getting defeated did you cry foul to the webmaster. he mentioned all the emails you sent when you were getting your butts licked. All 20 or so of you on one. You know you're the losers now. Wink.gif

Another thing I mentioned that was deleted was Moon and his degradation of Forrest seeing action in the special ops. First I think Moon is lying but if he was in the military I'm sure the only action he saw was at the local hump haven. LOL

Have a nice day. And don't bother WM. I don't have time for fools. Wink.gif

------------------

live long & prosper

Cybergeek : you don't seem to understand the line between right and wrong and the difference in speaking your mind and speaking out of context. By you degrading moon and the webmaster, shows me that you don't have any taste. Either play by the rules or don't post - simple. There is always a joker in the crowd and some jokes are meant to be funny, not slurs and degrading. I for one don't mind a little humour, but use good taste. DO NOT ridicule people for their sex, race, creed, religion, sexual preference, age or their looks. By the way, Cybergeek, I am 24 and have displayed more maturity than some other older people. I have genuinely tried to help people diagnose problems and offered genuine suggestions when I felt that they were called for. I don't make posts for the purpose of leading people to do damage or harm to their person or equipment. If anyone feels that I should return to this forum to help others, you can e-mail me at mhurd77@hotmail.com . NOTE: I use my real name and address and do not hide in obscurity behind some inconspicuos keyboard. I believe that I am speaking my mind for the betterment of this forum. Without these services, we will not learn from each others experiences and mistakes.

cwm23.gif

cybergeek

I can assure you I was in the military. Want some proof? Bring yourself down here and I will show you proof. Portland is not far from Seattle....

I in no way dismissed him being in the military other than to say don't bring that excuse into this forum so you can scream "Free Speech".

And look, I have better things to do with my time than to entertain you and your quest to start flame war with me

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

FRONTS: RF-7

CENTER: RC-7

SURROUNDS: RS-7

SUB: RSW-12

RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520

DVD: Toshiba SD 3205 (DD, DTS)

TV: Samsung 27" Flatscreen

COMPUTER: ProMedia 4.1

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

F*********p got himself banned. Nobody put a gun to his keyboard and made him type that stuff. We are responsibile for our own actions and not for the actions of others. No one *forced* F*********p to be a jerk. No one forced him to use the sig he did and that was too far over the line.

John

m00n, you where in the military? Cool, I was in the Army myself for 6 years. One of these days, we GOT to sit down to a couple beers!

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

Yep 4 years navy. Uss Wisconsin BB64. An old Iowa class battleship. Got lots of pics of her. She was a beautyful ship. http://www.usswisconsin.org/

Well, when you decide to fly on out here to Oregon, we can have a beer. 30.gif I won't be flying out there any time soon because I don't fly. Not because of Sept 11, but I just have a fear of flying. cwm31.gif

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

I don't always cruise through this part of the forum and so missed what happened. However, I can't believe the banning couldn't have been avoided by a strong warning through an e-mail, and the deletion of the thread in question.

But since I don't the know the spirit that the offense was commited in -- I can't say for sure.

What happened? Did Forrest 'lose it' or something?

------------------

Deanf>s>

Cary AE-25f>s>SuperAmpf>s> - Sonic Frontiers Line 1 - Sony DVP-S9000ES - Klipsch RF7's

SVS 20-39 CS Plus - Samson S1000 - HSU Research elec. crossover - MIT/Monsters

f>s>

Inside every small problem is a large problem struggling to get outf>c>s>-- 2nd Law of Blissful Ignorancef>s>c>

He posted some pics that were degrading to a couple of members. The webmaster asked him to remove them, forrest said no basically and was removed along with his posts...

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

Again to state what really happened:

Kain started a thread to lobby for the banning of Forrest after on another political thread Kain supported the Palestinians' terrorism.

SoundJunkie posted a pic of Forrest as a chimp on his own personalized drivers license. I thought it was funny and it seems to me so did Forrest.

Forrest retaliated with pics of both Kain and Soundjunkie. Kain as Richard Reid and Soundjunkie as a male posterior with a star shining from it. I couldn't tell whether Soundjunkie was suppose to be the posterior or the star shining, but i think it was the star shining. I thought these were funny too.

After more barbing between the gang and Forrest, the Webmaster stepped in and posted that Forrest could either delete the posts or he would do it himself.

Forrest posted a thread that cited his first amendment rights as an american. Nothing derogotory toward anyone here. And BTW Jon Albright, the 1st amendment means there can be no law that prohibits free speech. It's not just for congress, it naturally applies to all in the USA. If there is no law prohibiting, then no public oriented entity can legally interject or condone it.

The Webmaster, apparently feeling his ego was threatened, then did an about face and told Forrest remove the Pics or he would be banned from the board.

The Webmaster did not apply the same seat of the pants policy to the others including thePoster of the Chimp pic.

Forrest, being backed into a corner obviously, invited the Webmaster to lower the boom. I think he was bored here anyway.

BTW, Moon, if you truely want to meet up, I'll meet you half way in Centralia. Name the time and exact place like the Outlet Mall. Before you go making offers and threats you better think first next time.

I might be a Green Beret. Smile.gif

------------------

live long & prosper

Hey Geek,

Let it die, OK? Forrest didn't have a problem with getting banned so why should you? He could have saved his own a$$ but chose not to. I will admit that Forrest said some funny things once in a while but to be honest with you, he didn't have anything good to say about anybody. He also didn't add anything constructive to this board. He attacked people and he did it vicously, with intent. If you ask me, he got what was coming to him.

Just so you know, he wouldn't have lasted 3 minutes on HomeTheaterForum.

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

Geek, my offer for you to come down here was not an offer to fight or what ever, it was an offer for you to come down and simply check out my military stuff. A way to prove to you. If you read more into it than that, well.... I dunno what to tell you.

------------------

m00nsCinema to be

the m00n system

c>Microsoft XBOXc>

f>

I had a party once, and this one particularly drunk and obnoxious guest refused to leave - (for a day and a half). Most of the other drunk and obnoxious guests...AKA, my friends, left after the appropriate sobriety period, and the morning after breakfast, lunch and horseshoe match. Finally, I had to load this guy into his car and say, HEY. it's time to go home...I think once again, It's time to go home.

If someone else wants to get the last word in, then so be it...but this issue does not reflect well on ANY of us (and I do mean ANY) of us, and its perpetuation serves no purpose. Let the thread Die.

Carol

This message has been edited by cluless on 06-09-2002 at 06:28 PM