Just curious... What kinda great deals have you ever gotten on Klipsch?

tpg

Pair of 1989 Forte II in oiled oak. Excellent condition with boxes. $300 in March 2000.

Pair of 1986 Heresy II in walnut in Fair-to-Good condition for $150 in August 2000.

Both pair were local newspaper listings and a 1/2 hour drive to pick up.

Dale

NP - ZZ Top Sixpack

Got lucky, bought a pair of KLF 20s for $799 and a KLF C7 for $320, all from a Tweeter Home Entertainment Group Store. Bought a pair of RS 7 Surrounds for under $625. Klipsch and Tweeter has been very good to my HT system.

Huhurucwm11.gif

This message has been edited by Huhuru on 06-09-2002 at 11:02 PM

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a pair of La Scala's used for 175.00 in original birch finish.

Still the main setup in my Home theater, along with my KT-LCR's from the THX set that I purchased for 1300.00.

I think the retail on the full THX set with the KT-SW-15 an awesome sub was quite a bit more than that, my set was new in box and purchased in late 1998 after apparently several sets were found in a warehouse and my dealer was offered 2 sets to purchase for resale at about 50% off of his normal wholesale price.

lyle.

------------------

Gear: Klipsch La Scala ;THX home cinema: KT-LCR, KT-SW15

Onkyo Integra DTR-7 THX

Denon POA-2800 Amplifier

Panasonic RP91 DVD

NAD 7140 Stereo receiver (Pre Only with Denon Amp)

Some of my best Klipsch deals:

'77 Heresy's $350 bought brand new in '77!

'78 Heresy's $100 garage sale

'78 Forte' $100 garage sale

'88 Forte'II $300 ad in paper

'78 K-horns $1400 local audio store (Rosewood veneer)

'98 Belles $1500 ad in paper

All local so no shipping involved. I still own the '77 Heresy's, the K-horns and the Belles.

I picked up my KLF 30s brand new for $600. The BX had received a shipment from Germany and they were mis-marked. Earlier, a friend of mine bought his 30s for $369 a pair, brand new in the box at the same place. Of course, at this price he bought two pair and a pair of KLF 20s for a little less. In all he purchased two pair of KLF 30s and a pair of KLF 20s for less than $1,000, not bad huh.

i got all my klipsch speakers(except my ksps-6's, which i got from ttk at a great price and in great condition) at a great discount, brand new,w/full warranty. don't hate me for it,when i'm rolling in fiberglas in a 140 degree attic, i feel like i'm earning some of the perks available when you are in the audio/video buisness. my strda777ES receiver was for a customer at a previous job i held. we had ordered it for him, and when we couldn't get it soon enough, he got it elsewhere.KLIPSCHOG was the salesman, and he bought it, then i bought it from him for $600, in perfect condition!(ok, i had to get the remote fixed-under warranty Smile.gif ) i wouldn't sell it for original full retail($1500). i get all my sony,monster cable,bello int'l a/v furniture,etc. at a percentage over cost. the only thing i paid out the a$$ for is the red leather natuzzi furniture-and to think...i could have gotten theater style leather seats for wholesale! well...she DID let me get BIG speakers Smile.gif avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Natuzzi red leather furniture set

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

I got my first set of Klipsch speakers (76 Heresys) from PFC Wilson 1 week before payday for $100. That was in 1989. He also sold a top of the line Hitachi VCR for the same price. I still have them both. Incidentally, He was damn near killed in the Mogidishu in '93 by an RPG. Damn good soldier, not great at managing his funds though. If you are looking for great deals on high end equipment and live near a military post check the inevitable pawn shop located just outside the gate. Incredible deals to be had if your timing is good.

As for my recent purchases,

RF7s $1500

RSW-15 $1000

RC7 $500

Pioneer VSX36 $650

I hope this doesn't discourage you. Advice,

SHOP until you are satified you can't do any better!

Ok, I'll add my deal to the list.

1974 Cornwalls for $19.96

I gave $20 for them and found 4 pennies in one speaker. That same speaker needs a new woofer. Black Designer Birch with a little bit of damage, but easy to overlook. One had brown burlap stapled to it and both were covered with dog hair. Same day I found a HH Scott 220-C tube amp for $5 at another estate sale. Thank God the power lamps on old tube amps seem to go before anything else. Everyone thinks they're broken if they don't come on immediately or the power light doesn't light. You can use this to your advantage....all is fair in love and system aquisition!

------------------

If it don't rust or glow,

I don't trust it!

I bought a pair of 1980 Walnut Cornwalls last year for CDN$350. The cabinets needed some refinishing and repair and one of the previous owners replaced the K-33Es with JBL 130As but they're still a steal!

I almost got a pair of LaScalas for CDN$500 last month but the owner backed out a few hours before I was supposed to pay him and pick them up. He talked to a friend in the pro audio biz the night before who told him he shouldn't sell them for less than $2000. Granted $500 was low but in the condition they were in, they weren't worth more than $1000.

I'm not sure how much Sansui tuners go for but I picked up a Sansui TU-9500 for CDN$70 and it's in great shape and also sounds excellent!

Kevin

------------------

- 1980 Cornwalls

- Consonance Ella w/EL34s

- Bottlehead Foreplay w/all upgrades

- Philips CD360 into a SoundStream DAC-1

- Sansui TU-9500 Tuner