Plywood cutting tutorial

CECAA850

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those KPT-100s look great! Did you get those from rigma in that big run to Texas?

Thanks Bruce.

Those would be the ones. Michael (Thaddeussmith) was gracious enough to pick them up in Dallas and bring them down to me here in S.E. TX. A couple of them needed a little bondo and the grills were scratched up. The cabinets themselves were structurally sound though. I regret not taking some good before and after pics.

Your neighbors are not going to be happy, especially when you get the sub going.

Or very happy as I think Carl has great taste in music. [8][8][8][H][8][8][8]

Or very said they just bought the latest top of the line (rhymes with hose).

Carl those KPT 100's and sub do look great. But I'm still more envious of the lucky soul with those KP 250's and monster bass bins....

OK, the down and dirty review.

As with all horn subs, this one plays really cleanly. I'm not going to move it all around the back porch for optimal placement as I'm sure I'm the only one who'll be giving it a critical ear 98% of the time. It's fine where it is. The sub blends well with the 100's once you find the sweet spot in the crossover (plate amp low pass filter). One difference that I noticed fairly early on.................. These seem to throw bass better, farther away than my old bins did. It doesn't have the punch in the chest that my 250's and bass bins had but it has consistant bass over a wider area???? It's hard to describe. Overall, the combo kicks a$$ and is plenty loud enough to get my neighbors to complain. It won't project for blocks like my old system did but that set-up was REALLY overkill for my back yard. This system's a keeper. I give it [Y][Y].

• Moderators

It looks a little bigger now that it's in place, I love that finish it looks perfect.

I bet with the changes with the speakers it's much improved, those extra highs will sound great considering there is no shortage in bass. You know the wife will not be happy if those glass windows start vibrating.

Very nice, a first class job all the way around, but I didn't expect anything less, couldn't picture you doing it any other way.

Enjoy, I know you will. [H]

• 2 weeks later...

Looking fantastic...

Thanks RoB.

better safe than sorry

Huge proponent of headroom here.

what's next on your list?... Wink

Time is going to be scarce for a little while here. My oldest daughter is getting married next month and we have lots to do. I've been contacted by another forum member for a build, but for me to build it, he'll need to give me several months. You can look at when this thread started and tell I'm no speed demon. I don't think I'll be building anything else for myself anytime soon but that's what I said right before I started this one. Every once in a while something catches my eye and I just can't help myself......................................

• Moderators

RoB.......I'm happy to be a bad influenceDevil

Well thats true, you have added a new selection to one of my bad habits which I have now tried two other versions of . JD honey [N] not as smooth, and Evan Willams Honey, just as good and maby a little smoother [Y], but I still like the WT.

Congratulations on giving away a daughter which never really happens, you usually just gain a son in law .