The last Blu-ray you watched.

liebherr954

Mad Max Fury Road:  Ton of bass and a little on the loud side.  Action packed movie for sure.  Just not my cup of tea. :)

this will be one i would love to have certain clips on a demo disc but not really an owner. its an intense movie for sure. and the bass is just about non-stop

What bugged me about Mad max was the lack of any story... it's basically a bumber-car chase for most of the movie. 

Finally.... I thought I was the only one.....I asked a couple of the younger guys I worked with a couple of questions.

What was the whole breast milk thing.....What was the silver stuff they sprayed on their mouth....How did she loose her arm. Why the f... did you have to have a guy playing a flaming guitar

Great sound great special effects..... Half way through the movie I really didn't care anymore

What was the plot.....what was the point

Edited by oldred
  • Like 3

What bugged me about Mad max was the lack of any story... it's basically a bumber-car chase for most of the movie. 

Finally.... I thought I was the only one.....I asked a couple of the younger guys I worked with a couple of questions.

What was the whole breast milk thing.....What was the silver stuff they sprayed on their mouth....How did she loose her arm. Why the f... did you have to have a guy playing a flaming guitar

Great sound great special effects..... Half way through the movie I really didn't care anymore

What was the plot.....what was the point

yeah me too. same thing. 

My copy of Furious 7 was supposed to arrive today, but it didn't show up. So, I watched MAD MAX again. For me its an instant cult favorite like Army of Darkness, The Fifth Element or the (1st) Matrix. I can throw it in & enjoy the nonstop audio & visual spectacle. So shiny & so chrome.  

Watched Mad Max again, but this time at a friends house....scrappy knows who. Took it to a whole new level for bass. Lol. Since he finished his surrounds it just sounds awesome in his room. Oh, what a ride....what a lovely ride :)

The "silver stuff" is a drug that keeps the war boys high and suicidally devoted to Immortan Joe. IMDB

No idea how she lost her arm, and I don't think it's all that critical. I'm guessing it was sawed off by one of those big saws that are used in the first attack by the Buzzards??? No idea about the breast milk either.

Edited by Rowan611

The obese ladies were kept well fed to have nourishing breast milk for immortal Joe dude and his cohorts. No cows? How about lady milk? That's how I perceived it. Or they have to breed the new immortal war boys somehow- maybe that's how he also feeds his giant 'army' - keep them stronger than the peasants below that get a taste of water here and there.

He had that huge hydroponic / greenhouse setup - hoard the veggies, Hoard the lady milk, hoard the water, Total power over the people.

The obese ladies were kept well fed to have nourishing breast milk for immortal Joe dude and his cohorts. No cows? How about lady milk? That's how I perceived it. Or they have to breed the new immortal war boys somehow- maybe that's how he also feeds his giant 'army' - keep them stronger than the peasants below that get a taste of water here and there.

He had that huge hydroponic / greenhouse setup - hoard the veggies, Hoard the lady milk, hoard the water, Total power over the people

That is exactly what the younger guys at work said....WOW

I guess I need to get out more.....not enough culture

Edited by oldred

He had that huge hydroponic / greenhouse setup - hoard the veggies, Hoard the lady milk, hoard the water, Total power over the people.

Good to know!

but this time at a friends house....scrappy knows who
ohh man i can only imagine. he's on another level from probably anyone on this forum. i can't afford that kind of bass. maybe my 10 18's will get me like 85% of that. id be happy with that. i tell you what, i would love to have his mains more than anything. what them are capable of is just unreal.   

ohh man i can only imagine. he's on another level from probably anyone on this forum. i can't afford that kind of bass. maybe my 10 18's will get me like 85% of that. id be happy with that. i tell you what, i would love to have his mains more than anything. what them are capable of is just unreal.

Yeah his mains are amazing. AE Speakers did a write up of his mains and center. I'll get the link and post it for you.

Here it is Scrappy, and every one else who might be interested.

http://aespeakers.com/dual-ae-td18h-mains-and-td15m-center-channel-by-lukeamdman/

Edited by Rowan611
  • Like 1

Yeah his mains are amazing. AE Speakers did a write up of his mains and center. I'll get the link and post it for you.

Here it is Scrappy, and every one else who might be interested.

http://aespeakers.com/dual-ae-td18h-mains-and-td15m-center-channel-by-lukeamdman/

yeah i read it a few days ago. pretty awesome. i'm debating a switch in the basement. just not sure yet. 

I'm thinking of building. but not his. can't afford. and dont wanna order woofers and wait for that kind of time. plus his sounds the way it does cause he has tons of wattage that them babies need to run full range. i have no desire to need that kind of power for mains, and also he has the mini dsp and all that stuff. i dont wanna do that either. you get even further in the hobby and to me it may even be harder to just enjoy. 

I'm thinking of building. but not his. can't afford. and dont wanna order woofers and wait for that kind of time. plus his sounds the way it does cause he has tons of wattage that them babies need to run full range. i have no desire to need that kind of power for mains, and also he has the mini dsp and all that stuff. i dont wanna do that either. you get even further in the hobby and to me it may even be harder to just enjoy.

Oh I understand, lol. Luke is the biggest basshead I've ever met. And, as you know, he's also one of the most generous people you'll ever meet.