VRD Mono Blocks

muel

post-49590-0-94380000-1410407858.jpg

can't stop looking at this...

want me to remove it ? :)  All kidding aside the pictures people post of the VRD's don't do them any justice , when I unpacked them I was shocked on the size and craftsmanship of these amps I had no idea . I would have to say it is one of the best purchases I ever made and we all know I made many . Schu place your order  lol

• Like 1

can't stop looking at this...

want me to remove it ? :)  All kidding aside the pictures people post of the VRD's don't do them any justice , when I unpacked them I was shocked on the size and craftsmanship of these amps I had no idea . I would have to say it is one of the best purchases I ever made and we all know I made many . Schu place your order  lol

I've had mine for two years now and I'm still elated!  

If you just can't afford the VRD mono blocks the stereo version is not lacking at all.  Fewer watts means a little less omph on the low end compared to the mono blocks but the voicing is the same... fantastic!   

If you are on the fence thinking about VRD's get off and call Craig.  

Why are some people more prone to getting them than others? So you have 4 more to see about. Thats some kidney stones now! What if you slammed water all day every day, would you still get them?

More than likely genetic like every other ailment known to mankind.

• 2 weeks later...

Those are perfect... perfect.

I want the exact same thing!

Thanks , here are the upgraded parts I had Craig add , I'm sure I really didn't need them since the VRD's get awesome reviews in a stock configuration  the way it is .

MULLARD GZ32 CV593

KT 150's  Tong-Sol

CBS 7318

Tesla 12ax7

Jupiter Copper

So why the GZ32's?  I'm guessing because of the KT150's... ?

What bias?

I bought some Mullard GZ33 tubes just because I thought they looked cool. They are supposed to be slow start and seem to work great. I only ran them for a day or two many months ago when I took this picture.

I've been testing out GZ-32, GZ-33 and GZ-37's lately. They work great. I have not wrote down all my results yet. So this is from memory. The GZ-37 drops the B+ about 40 volts and will result in a more relaxed presentation. The GZ-32 actually raises the B+ about 15 volts so the presentation is tighter and punchier... Next up will be the GZ-33........

Visually the GZ-32 is a better match to KT-88's. The GZ-37 and GZ-33 look great with the Tung-sol KT-120 or KT-150's !

Whoops!  There's my answer about the GZ-32's .  

Anyone ever try the GZ-33 with the KT-120 or KT-150 ? 

• 1 month later...

Bump! Love this thread....

I had a guy over at the house today who sets up turntables all over the world, and shows audio products at all the hifi shows. He said my system is a "best of show system" all day long.. :)  He was freaking out big time.

I thought that was pretty cool.

You da man Craig!

• Like 1