HD 500 music has burning sound

derrickdj1

• Moderators

I find it interesting that this was the guy's one and only post. Here are before/after pictures

True, if I had a speaker burst into flames to the point of looking like that you could not stop me from complaining and posting more pictures from what else was burned because of it, because I would be shocked to say the least.

I have no idea if the story is true, but even if it is, things like this do not happen from normal use, I don't see how ?

everyone really should be more alarmed by this. it could be a farce, but it could also put the heat on Klipsch if he holds their feet to the fire. The whole company could meltdown. the last thing we need is for Klipsch to go up in smoke. hopefully this hotbed of coals just fizzles out into ash..

I have seen people over-power speakers and they never caused enough flame to do this to a speaker. I agree that, if pushed, this could cause Klipsch a problem. I also agree that this seems like someone lit them on fire. Maybe for insurance fraud? Who really knows.

You can do a search on the net and find that there was a particular model of Adcom amplifier that when it failed it would burn speakers just like that picture. There are a few pictures posted of speakers that burned from these old Adcom amps..............so it could be real. We just don't know.