Redmere "Smart" HDMI Cables

Youthman

• Moderators

Anyone seen this yet?

I think it's great they are finally making thinner HDMI cables. The 40ft HDMI cable I'm using now from Monoprice is huge and requires a really wide curve to bend.

Just like technology to get faster and smaller. [:D]

I upgraded to all Redmere cables (regardless of length) and they are nice cables, have a 60ft one and has no problem with signal. Looks as good if not better then my old thick cable. Bends nicer too. I wish they would have made the ultra thin ones in black like they have at the beginning of the video, they just have then in white for now :(

I wish they would have made the ultra thin ones in black like they have at the beginning of the video, they just have then in white for now :(

That's odd as black is probably the most logical color.

Yea and they show it plain as day at the beginning of the description video. I like the lower profile of the "ultra thin cable" connector but hate the white. A little tech flex and heat shrink fixed it though.

• Moderators

Wow! I have 2 just like that. One in my front yard and one in the back for watering!Stick out tongue

That was hillarious. [:D]

Here is an old pic during my HT Build that shows my HDMI Cable. As you can see, it'sa pretty awkward "bend" coming from the ceiling and then having to make a 90 degree turn into the back of the projector.

Room01.jpg

i'm using monoprice flat hdmi cables. i have like a 35 foot and a 15 foot from my AVR to TV. I was getting some handshake and sprite issues with just the 35 footer, so i added one of these and the 15ft cable with no issues. much easier to work with than their heavy cables, but also more prone to signal issues over long distances since it uses smaller gauge wire.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10419&cs_id=1041914&p_id=2849&seq=1&format=2

I use one. I got it as soon as it was released. I tried it to see if it would stop the HDMI issues with the UMC-1 and it did not, so thats when I replaced the UMC-1 with the denon 4311ci. No issues with the cable and denon.

Looks like you need to update your sig[;)].

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Nice plug for your alter ego's side business.WinkYes

Ha! I knew someone might say that. I actually took that photo earlier this week and texted it to a friend of mine (originally had no thought of putting it on the forum). I needed something small to compare size of the cable to. Business card was pretty small and fit inside the circle. [:D]

• Moderators

Business card was pretty small and fit inside the circle

Didn't realize that was a business card until mentioned, that is much smaller. [Y]

Glad to see it's from monoprice also.

Nice looking card also [co]

• Moderators

Didn't realize that was a business card until mentioned, that is much smaller. Yes

Yes, standard size business card. Helps to put the size of the cable in perspective. It's more in line with an iPod cable than the standard HDMI cables I am used to using from Monoprice.

Nice looking card also Computer

Thanks [:D]