A HUGE THANK YOU to neo33

jhoak

Thursday at 04:00 my Dad and I piled in to his 01 Honda Civic along with a cooler full of drinks and a box full of snacks and headed north. About 8 hours or so later we arrived at the office of a friend of neo33's who had been assigned as the "keeper" of a pair or 84 HBRs until such time as I could arrange to take possession of them.

They are in VERY nice condition. WAY better than I had anticipated considering neo33 was giving them away. Neo33's friend (Joseph) was very helpful in assisting us in locating his office (Dad and I were at times "locationally challenged) but in the end we found Joseph and the Heresys.

Also deserving of my eternal gratitude are those (you know who you are) that chipped in a few bucks to cover the fuel costs. Thank you guys. I owe all of you BIG TIME.

All told the trip took 18 hours from the time I backed out of my garage until I pulled back in.

Here they are:

Posted Image

Posted Image

A pair of 1984 Klipsch Heresy HBR. Overall in very nice condition with clean grills and original badges intact. Somewhere along the line someone gave them some stain and a coat or two of what appears to be gloss polyturathane. Not one of my favored looks but hey... I ain't complaining at all. I did open one up and they appear to be completely original. This weekend I'll bust in to them and clean all of the connections and apply gasket tape to the back cover. Eventually I'll be doing a capacitor replacement as 28 year old caps are probably a little out of spec.

Some day I'd like to scrape together the coin to veneer them in cherry. I've always wanted a pair of cherry Heresys.

As I type this they're in the living room belting out a little Mark Knopfler. They're sounding pretty good. Well worth the 17 hours on the road and the cost of the gas.

I'm a happy camper.

Oh yea... The thread that got all of this rolling can be read here: http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/168679.aspx

The Klipsch group is really a great bunch!

Agreed!

There are a LOT of great forums on the intrawebs populated by a LOT of GREAT people. I owe so much to so many. I can only hope to pay back in some small way.

I've already decided that just as soon as I can afford to move up the food chain as it were these Heresys will be donated to the next forum member who for whatever reason finds himself without Klipsch speakers to listen to.

I think it would be an interesting project to have a pool of Klipsch speakers scattered around the country and freely available at no cost (save for transportation) to those in need of a pair no questions asked. I know that there are many members here who have unused Klipsch speakers collecting dust. That's just sad to me. They should all be singing. I'm not without guilt here. There was a time no so long ago when I had 7 assorted pairs here but only two of them were in use.

It's called "Karma" and right now neo33 along with several other member here ought to be swimming in good karma

Jeff,

Great to hear you are no longer "Klipschless". Very nice gesture on Neo's part to donate a fine pair of speakers, and for you to eventually "pay it forward".

I know after that grueling trip you and your dad endured, you are happily engrosed in a Klipsch induced musical bliss.

Enjoy,

Bill

jhoak: Jeff, this is certainly a very heart-warming story. I recall reading your original post just after this happened and I felt very badly for you as well. However, the warm generosity which neo33 (and others) has demostrated smacks so loudly of the quality of people we are so fortunate to have here on this wonderful forum! neo33, you sir, are a first-class act as are the others who contributed! It's amazing how this forum continues to bring such great people together from across the country and even the world. And to think, it all began with a hobby. -Glenn