Two THT Folded horn subs SOLD

Brian6751

$350 + a 6 pack of good beer for each sub/amp set. thats $700 for everything.

you cannot even buy the driver and amp for that price!!

Due to some complications with the layout of my basement, i am selling these before they even get to be used down there. I did use one in my living room for a while and they are great subs. I wanted them to blend in to their surroundings so i trimmed them and painted them to look like columns. They turned out great.

they are the 24.5" wide versions.
The total dimensions are 72.25" x 26.25" x 19". That's at the biggest points rounded up to nearest 1/4"

They are made with 1/2" Arauco plywood, PL Premium adhesive, 10-32 hurrican nuts and #10-32 x 1-1/2" Black Machine security head Screws.

The trim is 1/2" Arauco ply with a 1/2" trim piece. the trim is not glued to the subs so it can be removed. its attached with a brad nailer so it is very secure if you wish to keep it on.

I used the Dayton RSS390HF-4 driver with these and they are each powered by their own Dayton SA230 sub amp. Great match up. The amps look very nice and have plenty of power.

You can see by the pictures that they look great, however the backs are not as perfect so i am including some pictures of the backs. I used bondo to fill in a 1/4" gap on one of them instead of trimming the edge so the overall depth would not be effected. The top lip panel was trimmed a bit curved on one of them and i left the binding posts on when i painted, so that area could look better as well. These are very minor and obviously dont have any effect on the performance but youll want to know that.

here are some build threads on them:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1438536/dual-thtlp-architectural-series#post_22584862

Heres mine from the BFM site. (hope its ok to link it). posting this because i describe an issue about not applying pl to a joint and how i fixed it. I did get the joint to open up and pushed pl into it, so i can assure you there is no problem with it. super strong joint. no leaks.

http://billfitzmaurice.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=18514

$350 + a 6 pack of good beer each sub/amp set or $700 for everything/B]

Im asking less than the price i paid for the parts, so i think this is an incredible deal. Local pickup from 48187 only. Thanks for checking them out!

/]brian6751[/url], on Flickr
Posted Image
P1010488 by brian6751, on Flickr
Posted Image
P1010489 by brian6751, on Flickr
Posted Image
P1010490 by brian6751, on Flickr
Posted Image
P1010488 by brian6751, on Flickr
Posted Image
P1010494 by brian6751, on Flickr

Getting these hurricane nuts glued in was messy. i figured i would push them in a bit to start then run a bead of pl around them before i pulled them in.
Posted Image/48579167@N06/7901264574/]Posted Image[/url]P1010496 by brian6751, on Flickr
Posted Image
P1010497 by brian6751, on Flickr
Posted Image
P1010500 by brian6751, on Flickr
Posted Image
P1010503 by brian6751, on Flickr
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8296/7901255020_ee5399b9a8_z.jpg
P1010513 by brian6751, on Flickr
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8450/7901253746_119cc1046f_z.jpg
P1010515 by brian6751, on Flickr
P1010549 by brian6751, on Flickr
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8194/8117739555_813c2e54b9_z.jpg
20120919_164138 by brian6751, on Flickr
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8471/8133111384_961c80c14b_z.jpgP1010551 by brian6751, on Flickr
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8333/8133083939_0264b974eb_z.jpg
P1010549 by brian6751, on Flickr

Great subs, great price. Good luck! They shouldn't last long.

I have to agree. Awesome subs. And they won't last long at steal of a price. And only about 4 hours each way... In my dreams Santa Clause may bring me one... or both (one would overwhelm our small house.... I've tried to be good....

4 hours one way... back to work and the Colts game...

These should be gone before the game is over.

GREAT subs, GREAT deal. This is a steal.

I payed more for my single tht-lp and it was w/o the amp. If you have the space i would do your research and seriously consider one if not both these subs. You have never heard bass like these bad boys can reproduce. Clean, bold, non directional, enveloping, many falling of the wall picture frames kind of bass-no exageration. Sounds AMAZING with my la scalas

Ok. That's it. I'm going to start getting really picky with the beer selection if someone doesn't buy these lol. Don't be afraid of transporting these if your local. I have a mini van that I think both will fit into. But that will double the beer cost.

How much beer to deliver them to Charleston SC ?

Man. I thought these would go by now.

I'm about 4 hours away and have some time on my hands as I'm between jobs. So therefore can't buy one of the beasts right now.

If somebody wants to pay for my gas and other expenses such as the beer,maybe some oil, and some food and drink I might be able to pick them up one day and maybe do an 8 to 10 hour round trip in a day or two.

Might be able to store for a short time but would rather not due to size and would have to make room though could fit them in.. but way too powerful for our small house if I'd properly feed them during storage. That and another project with 12" and 12" passive is the works that's more suitable for our small home.

I'm assuming these would both fit in a Dodge Grand Caravan with all the seats down. It does pretty good 23 - 25+ mpg on highway. Might take a quart or two of oil. And food, soda, for the driver.

Willy's about 12 hours one way so that may be doable though I'm not sure I'm up to more than 8 hours round trip but 12 round trip would be my max.

Just thinking out lound but I don't think my wife would care if the timing is right so she doesn't need the wheels. Even better if our daughter still at home would come along for the ride / drive. 12 hour round trip would be an option then.

Ok. That's it. I'm going to start getting really picky with the beer selection if someone doesn't buy these lol. Don't be afraid of transporting these if your local. I have a mini van that I think both will fit into. But that will double the beer cost.

How much beer to deliver them to Charleston SC ?

Lol. Sorry. I can only help out locally. Like within an hour from me.

Blsamuel - I am in Louisville which is only about 2.5 hours from you so if your willing to go grab them how much you talking for food and gas? That can be expensive as I am a big eater, but I would love to grab these.

I assume you're not a new forum member. You might want to provide your old forum info in a PM to him, as I seriously doubt he will be willing to put his money and sub at risk of never getting to him.

Just a thought. [:)]

Blsamuel - I am in Louisville which is only about 2.5 hours from you so if your willing to go grab them how much you talking for food and gas? That can be expensive as I am a big eater, but I would love to grab these.

Probably closer to 3 hours as I live west of Kokomo on the north side of town. That puts them about 7 hours from you.

Food and gas costs? To feed me and our Grand Caravan. And money for 2 6 packs to take Brian and less you include that in your payment to Brian for the subs. I can't afford to loan an unknown Forum member or even known Forum member $700 right now.

I can guestimate gas remaining gas costs on arrival to Louisville or just fill up before trip(s) and get actual costs within a few miles. Or could IRS mileage rates for Google or other map distances. Not looking to make money but can't afford to do too much for free at this time.

I usually eat pretty cheaply while road trippin'. Not sure what you being a heavy eater has to do with my expenses? lol

My hope is to leave weekday morning and pick up around lunch time for both legs of trip.

Willy may be in line ahead of you but I still need to ensure these beasts will fit into Grand Caravan, with Stow and Go, beofre committing to anything.

Kokomo does have a micro brewery if I'm to deliver the beer. No idea of the cost or if it's any good. I don't really care for beer.