NOSValves NBS Preamp

garymd

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. A mere $30k and it's yours. Capable of massaging your back and doing the laundry at the same time. Betcha the designer is probably very nervous that Craig's new unit might just sound better. By the way, welcome to the Forum, John. You'll like it here.

Hey Craig, let's be honest. Why dance around and call it the NBS when it should be called by its proper name: NoBS. I mean its not a vanity license tag, you can spell it out.

I seen that website about 2 years ago and did all kinds of internet digging but could not find one IOTA of real information beyond the NBS cable website that would prove that preamplifier really exists. In fact I wonder if the company is still active at all. Pretty cool looking gear though!

Sonus Faber used their equipment at TAVES 2011

http://www.dagogo.com/View-Article.asp?hArticle=926

Well I guess the stuff does exist! NBS is the company name NBS Cables (Nothing But Signal) and stands for something completely different then the NBS part of my preamplifier name. Just a coincidence. Is there some point to this?

Hmmmm.... looking at the 3 posts made by your forum handle I suspect his real identity is tube fanatic .

Hmmmm.... looking at the 3 posts made by your forum handle I suspect is real identity is tube fanatic .

Actually, John is a former colleague in the TV repair field in the old neighborhood back in the 60s. Craig, you know that I don't need anyone to speak up for me if I want to reprove you!!! I suspect he was just trying to be funny as he has a very dry sense of humor. I'm sure he cares as little as I do what name you give your preamp...............

When are you going to have info on your site. Maybe I have messed it.

When the final product has been produced so I have pictures of the actual product. The is a pre-order discount release. Many folks trust my abilities from experience doing business with me for the last 11 years with tube audio components. For that trust they get a chance to save a few bucks and help out a small cottage manufacturer get a product from prototype to reality!

Hmmmm.... looking at the 3 posts made by your forum handle I suspect is real identity is tube fanatic .

Actually, John is a former colleague in the TV repair field in the old neighborhood back in the 60s. Craig, you know that I don't need anyone to speak up for me if I want to reprove you!!! I suspect he was just trying to be funny as he has a very dry sense of humor. I'm sure he cares as little as I do what name you give your preamp...............

Yea and I was born yesterday. Have fun with your sock puppet.

Mmmmmm . trying to be funny? And he has a sense of humor ? I'm sorry I'm missing something. I see nothing funny dry or otherwise.

Maybe it's just me...

Josh

Good luck Craig, work out bugs (not that you haven't) , get to a show or 2 with some pretty wart hogs, a solid very low powered pair of mono's, and you should sell many...

I think that Craig may already have a pair of mono blocks picked out to use with this preamp, somewhere around 60 wpc.

Bring those too....

When are you going to have info on your site. Maybe I have messed it.

When the final product has been produced so I have pictures of the actual product. The is a pre-order discount release. Many folks trust my abilities from experience doing business with me for the last 11 years with tube audio components. For that trust they get a chance to save a few bucks and help out a small cottage manufacturer get a product from prototype to reality!

I had figured something like that, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything, have fun on your next journey,