Latest project ... for you gearheads

mustang guy

This is a GM Performance Fast Burn 385 engine with a March Performance Ultra Drive serpentine kit and an MSD Atomic EFI fuel injection system.

fastburnmarchperf5.jpg

More pics here: http://s1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/wvmustangs/Fast%20Burn%20385%20March%20Performance/

We are going to drop the motor in tommorrow. Hopefully we will have the thing running by week's end.

Craig

When did MSD get in to throttle body? I have been out of the loop too long.

Is that a drive by wire setup? looks nice. And the water pump pulley is totaly sweet looking.

Very nice job.

EDIT

Just read the specs from the GM website. Not too shabby at all, love the cam, but I would ditch the stamped rockers myself .(you probably did already)

Would love to see a video when it's fired.

That is a great lookin' front end on that engine.....[H].... What are you dropping it into?????..........There is a pet peeve of mine on your engine which I hesitate to bring up out of respect for you, but they just drive me nuts........it's those shorty unequal length headers....I just don't like the way they sound....I'll bite my tongue and stop there about those headers.... But that is one beautiful engine you got there. I like all the different finishes bolted to that black block...She's a beauty.

Thanks everybody for your kind words!

I take it that's not going in the M3, right? Stick out tongue

It is going into a 1994 GMC Sierra XTC K1500 I purchased new in 94.

I don't see any holes for the fuel injectors on the intake. Surely it's not throttle body injected?

This is a new thing now a days. I have actually done MPFI ala Holley Commander 950 with wide band lambda sensor. This is a much simpler system, but the venturi are superior to the Holley system, IMO.

think i could get that in my yaris? lol

Sure you could if you don't mind sitting on it. [:)]

When did MSD get in to throttle body? I have been out of the loop too long.

Is that a drive by wire setup? looks nice. And the water pump pulley is totaly sweet looking.

Very nice job.

EDIT

Just read the specs from the GM website. Not too shabby at all, love the cam, but I would ditch the stamped rockers myself .(you probably did already)

Would love to see a video when it's fired.

Many companies offer TBI now. They are meant as direct replacement for carbs, and offer O2 regulated pulse width. In other words, passing CA emmissions tests. It will be standard throttle cable linkage on the 94 GMC. I will be using a cable TPS from TCI to send the throttle position to the TCI transmission control computer I am also installing. And yes, the stamped rockers are long gone. They have been replaced with some purdy blue Summit 1.5's.

I will make a video... [Y]

That is a great lookin' front end on that engine.....Cool.... What are you dropping it into?????..........There is a pet peeve of mine on your engine which I hesitate to bring up out of respect for you, but they just drive me nuts........it's those shorty unequal length headers....I just don't like the way they sound....I'll bite my tongue and stop there about those headers.... But that is one beautiful engine you got there. I like all the different finishes bolted to that black block...She's a beauty.

The shorty headers are for lazy people like me. They outperform the stock exhaust manifolds, and they actually sound good with the American Thunder exhaust they are being mated to.

OK, I was messing around with the shorty headers and found that the flange was warped. I was pondering taking it to have it planed, and I decided to do some shopping. I ordered a set of Hedman Elite full length headers. They should be here tommorrow afternoon.

hed-69840_w.jpg

The engine is in the truck. I have posted some pics here which also shows some extra components I am installing:

http://s1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/wvmustangs/94%20Sierra/

Used Hedman's on dozens of cars over the years and never had a problem. Well...There was this one time on an 88 S-10 but thats another story.

Love the new gasketless collectors.

These headers are 1 5/8 which is a bit larger than the shorty's they are replacing. As they are stock headers, and the fast burn heads have D-ports, I will be gasket matching and grinding out some material. I hope I will be able with the larger pipes to get close to that gasket shape. The shorty's with the 1 1/2 pipes didn't have enough to do much good. Even without removing flange material, there isn't much restriction. One thing I couldn't show was how I took the sending unit out of the tank, removed the stock low pressure pump, and replaced it with a new PWM high pressure unit. I have used these high pressure pumps many times in the past and HATE the fly in your ear buzzing. I am hopeful this will make the buzzing stop. Of course, it could blow up or make the buzzing louder. Think positive! [:)]