Emotiva products

McMiRA

I have two of their Ultra 10 subs in my home theater and an ERC-1 cd player. I wouldn't part with them

I live close to Emotiva headquarters and have been there quite a few times. They stand behind what they sell.

Emofest is a blast too.

I guess I've missed the bandwagon or just don't pay attention. I see a lot of people on here run their equipment so I looked on their website and all I can say is wow. They are reasonable. Are they that good?

You will always get the snobs that won't give them respect because they don't charge an arm and a leg but take that with a grain of salt. They used a business plan that no one else has used and it's unbeatable. They do their own manufacturing overseas and distribute themselves online skipping the entire distribution network. They are a very solid company with a solid product. I've been running their amps for 5-6 years with no problems at all. Are they the best amp on the market? Probably not but they are by far the best bargain around IMO unless you go pro gear.

I have an XDA-1 which I think is quite reasonable for a DAC. Compares quite favorably to other DACs I have and have had. Price / Performance ratio is top of the charts.

I also have an XPA-2 which I listen to since I removed my Bel Canto REF-1000s to use in another location. It is not just a monster of an amp for the price but it does sound very good.

The key is component matching and though the XPA-2 doesn't have the low end grunt of the Bel Canto REF-1000s (not many match the B&O 1000ASP's tight bass), the XPA-2 is very true and sounds excellent for the money. Four times the money in fact if you would like that power.

• Moderators

I have an XDA-1 which I think is quite reasonable for a DAC. Compares quite favorably to other DACs I have and have had. Price / Performance ratio is top of the charts.

I like it also, found it for $160 shipped, it's the only Emotiva I have but it's built like a tank, and you could use it's remote to crack ice and not hurt it, it's a hunk of aluminum.

The only thing bad I have ever heard about Emotiva is some of the higher power amps may have a little buzz or hum with extremely high sensitive speakers, but that is a problem with some other amps as well.

So I started thinking about it, and my XPA 5 has been the most troublefree piece I've got in the rack. In fact, it's the pricier pieces that have historically had some quirk...I buzz, a fan squeel, etc.

3 years of heavy use and it has never done anything but its job.

I completely agree. I have been running 2 XPA-5's for just over 4 years and not 1 problem or complaint other than they are a bear to move.They are heavy and built like a tank.

I have no plans to sell mine but I have noticed they seem to hold their value as well.

I like it also, found it for $160 shipped, it's the only Emotiva I have but it's built like a tank, and you could use it's remote to crack ice and not hurt it, it's a hunk of aluminum.

The only thing bad I have ever heard about Emotiva is some of the higher power amps may have a little buzz or hum with extremely high sensitive speakers, but that is a problem with some other amps as well.

My xpa5 took a good amount of trouble shooting tell I got the static out. Now I have a small amount of pretty clean hiss that is not audible from my mlp. Sadly my second emo amp (upa200) wasn't so lucky. I tried to get it out but had no luck so back it went (lost $30 ship). So both amps had problems out of the box. Great deal yes but I wont buy another one.

i have quite a few products, UMC-1, LPA-1, and XPA-3. I love them all. great value. i also have a 40% coupon on a future upgrade. i am toying with the idea of buying the XMC-1 for $899.40 (with my coupon) then hopefully sell my UMC-1 for $350 - $400 (not sure the actual value) all that combined i might be able to buy the XMC-1 for $549.40.

it's not bad to be a Emotiva customer. even the UMC200 you get 25% off your next processor.

only problem with all that math, i'm looking to sell sell my lovely modded RF-7's and won't actually need a XMC-1. i think i am going down to some RB-61's and doing just a LCR set up.

anyways, EMO gear is awesome and affordable. you simply can't go wrong.

• Moderators

My xpa5 took a good amount of trouble shooting tell I got the static out. Now I have a small amount of pretty clean hiss that is not audible from my mlp. Sadly my second emo amp (upa200) wasn't so lucky. I tried to get it out but had no luck so back it went (lost $30 ship). So both amps had problems out of the box. Great deal yes but I wont buy another one

I was thinking the lower powered models were less noise on some speakers, just depends on the one you get I guess. But just paying the return shipping is a fair way to try things, almost anything you buy you couldn't sell and lose only $30.

I'm reading through some stuff and can't find it, or just not looking hard enough but what's the mic input for ? Do they have room calibration? Or is it for people that want to sing along while they record a mix tape?

I don't see a mic input on the amps but if you are talking about the pre/pros, it is for Calibration