Fire Sale(Really, Sale to Fund Used Car Purchase)---Maybe?

willland

I may have to result to desperate measures after taking my 2000 VW Jetta VR6 with 180,000 miles to shop for oil leak and coolant leak. Total cost with labor, $2950.00. Needless to say, I will not sink another $3000.00 into a car that is valued at best $2000.00.

This is hopefully only a teaser, just gauging interest. Prices later and they will be market fair.

I may be selling:

SPEAKERS

Klipsch Quartets(oak oil)------excellent condition-----no shipping

Klipsch Heresys(birch raw)------good condition, recapped, CT-125-----no shipping

Klipsch Heresy II's(walnut oil)---good condition----no shipping

Klipsch RB-35's(cherry) no grills---good condition---no shipping

Polk Audio RT25I(cherry)---good condition---will ship

ELECTRONICS

Onkyo Integra A-9711(80w/ch) integrated amp----very good condition-----will ship

Onkyo Integra T-4711 tuner----excellent condition----will ship

Onkyo DX-C340 6-disk CD player w/remote---very good condition----will ship

Adcom GCD-700 5-disk CD player w/remote---very good condition----will ship(maybe spoken for)

Denon DCM-440 5-disk CD player no remote---good condition----will ship

Luxman R-117(160w/ch) stereo receiver w/remote---very good condition---will ship

PARTS

Goldwood GW-8024 8 inch woofer in box---excellent condition---will ship

Klipsch K23K Forte woofer---good condition---will ship

TWEEKS

Paradigm X-30 subwoofer crossover in box---excellent condition---will ship

Audio cables----new in box---will ship

A good friend of mine has a used car brokerage/sales business and is currently searching intently for us a good $3000.00 to $4000.00 car. As soon as I narrow it down, prices on gear for sale will follow.

PM me if any preleminary interest. Again all gear listed hopefully will not be for sale.

Thanks,

Bill

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't believe a word of this Bill your just trying to get back at me on that crazy long sig thread.

seriously, can relate, 99 acura tl $1000 water pump and timing belt. 2000 subaru $500 2 tires-new belts-oil change $500

2004 grand marquis $1000 to get fixed but traded it in for a new ford escape.

Bill,

Amongst my other unmarketable skills (like veneering) I'm pretty fair with a wrench. If it's something I can handle for you I'd be more than happy to. You buy the parts and I'll twist the wrench.

Not long ago I did the water pump & timing belt on my 94 Acura Integra. Rather than the $1K+ price the dealer had on the job I bought $80 in parts and was back on the road in a day. A couple of months ago I did new shocks and CV joints on my Dad's 2001 Civic. His total parts bill was under $500 and the dealer wanted over $3K for the job.

As mechanics go I ain't what you'd call fast but I generally get the job done. I'm always happy to trade work for something I can sell or even as debt repayment. It's been a few years since I've torn in to a "people's car" but I doubt that they've changed a whole lot since I last owned a VW Jetta.

Speaking of "unmarketable skills" you'd never guess what I'm doing right now. Baking bread. Yep... With the cost of loaf of bread being what it is I can make it WAY cheaper and WAY better at home. I'm trying to reduce the amount of HFCS in my diet and home made bread is just one more step towards that goal.

Amongst my other unmarketable skills (like veneering) I'm pretty fair with a wrench. If it's something I can handle for you I'd be more than happy to. You buy the parts and I'll twist the wrench.

Jeff,

Thanks for the offer. I already have a friend offering to do the work. Bridgit and I are weighing the pros and cons of fixing vs buying another.

Bill

i don't believe a word of this Bill your just trying to get back at me on that crazy long sig thread.

I am not a revenge kind of guy. Funny thing is, selling most of my gear would shave my gear profile down to just my main system, but only by default.[;)]

Therefore, I still would not be succombing to the peer pressure of this forum.[:P]

Bill

Sorry to hear about this Bill. Hopefully it won't come down to you selling your gear, but if it does I wish you luck in your possible sale. Anyway good luck with everything.

Cviper,

Thanks for the kind words. I am always kind of thinning the herd a bit but it is usually on my own terms. This time, economics has the upper hand.

Bill

Sure hate to hear that Bill. Hopefully you won't have to sell any of your gear.

Michael,

As always, thanks for your words of encouragement.

I just realized, I could help you with your quest in owning as many Klipsch speakers as you can. Never saw a pair of Heresys or Heresy II's in your profile?[;)]

Bill

Don't you have to fix the car weather you buy another or not? You won't get much for it without fixing it.

Not necessarily, I should be able to sell "as is" and get $1500.00. I may just fix the radiator problem, and one of the oil leaks and put up for sale. I will list it with full disclosure.

Bill

Last year I had a problem with my brake lights staying on all of the time on my '08 Saturn Aura. Two trips to the dealer and they still couldn't figure it out. They wanted $2k+ to replace the main computer and both rear light assemblies. I googled my problem. Found a fix on youtube that works on Chevy Malibu's of the same year as my own by putting diaelectric grease on the BCM (Body control module). One trip to the hardware store to buy a tube of diaelectric grease = 10 mins. Cost of said grease = $2.69. Feeling of satisfaction from fixing it myself at 1/100th the cost = Priceless. Sorry to hear of your woes, car problems are the worst. I hope it all ends well for you whether you have to sell some REPLACEABLE gear or not. Best of luck, amigo.