Why do I feel funk and motown

The Dude

As a 30 year old who grew up as a young lad on classic rock, which lead to heavy metal. Any more these days I am happy listening to funk, and Motown, I mean I still love my heavy metal, but am all ways up for good funk or Motown, I really like George Clinton/Parliament, But I even really like some Etta James. Does anyone consider Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five a funk band, I know my 6 year son likes them. I tell you I really like that Electric Mayhem, I know they are not a real band, but that seen from the Muppet's movies has some great bass from the organs(you know the one in the church where Cermit is running from the frog leg restaurant).

I think I am understanding about stereo imaging/ or maybe I just found a good sweet spot. I love how this sound. Blah blah blah blah ya I know.....

Those speakers with the Cornwall fronts are doing their job, I would imagine. The genres out there in the realm of music seem endless sometime. Listened to some Funkadelic recently. Admirable the agility to scan the different universe with my Klipsch. Never cease to amaze me.

BTW, the 2505 is probably contributing too,lol. Enjoy!

[8]

I dunno, I grew up on Steppenwolf and Led Zeppelin, nowadays I listen to Yes, Brian Eno, Miles Davis. Tastes change as we mature but I'll contend that we always have roots in the music we came of age with.

If you get a chance to see Yes on their current tour, do so, they were better this go round than when I saw them in 79. I wrote a little review in the Music and Movies section.

Saw Yes in 71 and they were well...Yes! You like the Motown and so do I but, remember Staxx Records with folks like Booker T & MGs and Otis, of course. For organ may I suggest Deep Purple,Iron Butterfly,etc...Isaac Hayes had some good organ.

Having Internet radio makes it a lot easier to expand my musical horizons, since upgrading my speakers everything sounds good....Duder,your second post cracked me up,you may want to add music in it ...Wink

I didn't relize it until you pointed it out, I started laughing historically for a min, my wife gave me a funny stare.