Monsanto Protection Act

tube fanatic

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great! China is a mess, but they burned shipments of GM corn...

http://naturalsociety.com/china-incinerates-3-us-shipments-of-genetically-modified-corn/

Bravo!! I hope that the rest of the world takes a stand against the US producers. This is the only way that they may back off the GMO bandwagon.

For anyone who says that we are crying that he sky is falling, it has already fell on a similar issue and you did not see irt because you did not look. Years ago nutrionalists warned that the move to fast foods and processed foods will have dire health consequences. In 1990, not one state had an obesity above 20%. Today not one state has an obesity rate below 20%. Watch the history channel and see some WW2 films or footage from the 1960's. Look at the shape that everyone is in. And they all ate bacon and eggs for breakfast (and died of heart attacks). Think of where we are.

This happened right before us. Health costs have skyrocketed. Look at your insurance premiums. Starbucks spends more on health insurance than it does on coffee. Everyone is sick from preventable diseases and it happened right before us. And we watched it happen over the last 20 years.

Do you want to sit back and watch the GMO scenario play out?

Your barking up the wrong tree,,,You should be blaiming McDonnelds,,Wendys,,Apple pie,,Donuts,,Cheep white bread,,Not GMO,,,Also when was the last time you walked to work,,

Please re-read my post. I am just using this crises of an example of what can happen is everyone acquiesces. This has happened rigth under our noses because nobody did anythign about it. I am not saying that GMO crops will cause us to be overweight.

I have a long post that was delayed because of the links, you may have missed it. Top of page 7. Nice list of the effects of GMO. Quite ugly.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/173712.aspx?PageIndex=7

Not sure about the walking comment. I walk every day and use stairs whenever possible.

The stuff might be bad for you. Maybe not. But what seems especially ballsy is lobbying rules that prohibit competitors from saying, "Our ingredients do not include X." You know we are a doomed public when big players can buy that kind of power.

[Y] [Y] [Y]

Let's get rid of lobbying. This is the time! In this internet age, everyone can speak for themselves.

Meanwhile, we need legislation that says that as long as the statements are true, a company can say anything. So, saying "Our ingredients do not contain X" would be fine, as long as that's the truth.

Several centureys ago when none of these modern meds and GM or high tech food processes or anything in so called modern times,,,,THE LIFE SPAN WAS 30 YEARS,,,How old are you ??????? The older you get the better chance youl pick up some disease that will kill you,,,Step into any modern hospital your chance of getting infected by MERSA bugs .... But you are living proof youv outlasted your ancesters,,

That was the median lifespan (at least we hope they were not dumb enough to use an arithmetical average), and it included the very high rate of INFANT MORTALITY of the time, producing a very low figure. If you look at the group who made it to, say, 20 years old, the typical lifespan was much longer. It is also possible that insecticides, pollution, etc. would have shortened our lifespans a great deal more if modern medicine had not come up with so many ways to fix things.

It is great to see a discussion such as this on an audio forum. It seems to me that the vast majority of people are not exposed to a lot of the information that this thread contains, and exposure to such may create a larger discussion in their lives.

Which is why Klipsch should show the courage to refrain from locking it.

most of the wheat here in the colonys is GMO,,,Only a small amount that is insignificant is but futile attempt.

Replace GMO with Monsanto, and we're not talking about the same wheat any more. Round-up resistant wheat has never been approved by any country, at any time.

Don't worry though, those meddlesome importers can't hold out forever...

Why should they have to be approvrd ???? They are not toxic..

But the issue is why non-GMO foods cannot legally be labeled as such. I am an attorney and can tell you that the first amendment get stretched out vey far, but here it is ILLEGAL for companies to TELL THE TRUTH.

You can eat as much GMO as you like, but I choose not to, but because of the huge clout of Monsanto et. al. it is illegal for me to know what I am eating and putting in my body. An unfortunately, you and Monsanto telling me that everyhting is OK doesn't give me much hope. Even if you think that GMO is the best thing ever, you should be very alarmed that it is against the law to tell the truth.

Now on a positive note:

So today we went to the Gilcrease Orchard. What a great place. Took the motorcycle and had a great day and then went up to the mountains for lunch and a ride up to 8000 feet. You pick your own food at the orchard. When we were cooking dinner I kept eating the middle of the zuccini. It tasted like it had sweet butter in it, but it was naturally that way. The zuccini in the store taste nothing like this. I did not expect the difference to be this big.

My wife made a dish with zuccini, spinach, beet leaves, carrots, ginger, garlic, and a tablespoon of olive oil for good measure, and coconut milk over whole grain calrose rice. Oh man was it good. The sauce turned pink because of the beet leaves and stems. It justs bursts with flavor. I have yet to find a restaurant that has stuff this good. What a great day.

If anyone out there has a local farmer's market or farm, go check it out. I also go to Pahrump and buy fresh postachios. It is about an hour drive from Las Vegas. No salt or roasting (I remember when I was a kid and they used to put red dye on them). The fresh ones are so good. You can taste the natural oil in them and they need to be kept in the fridge. Pahrump has a farmer's market that I still need to check out.