Monsanto Protection Act

tube fanatic

If you want to fight the GOOD fight,,,Stop the DRUG adds on TV,,,They are more dangerous than the TOBACCO companys,,People are actually dieing useing those products,,,Our family just had an expierience with CHANTIX,,,To control smoking habit,,,That relative Was dead on arrival with that drug,,CHANTIX caused his toungue to swell,,CHOAKING him to death,,We outlaw tobacco adds,,,But the drugs to prevent tobacco use are even worse,,,The FDA is corrupt,,

That is horrible and I am really sorry to hear this. The drug companies are "educating" people about the illnesses that they didn't even know they had, but need to see if they can get a prescrip for their special pill. Drugs are wonderful and can fix many infections and illnesses and prevent many diseases. But they are way over-prescribed and much of what they are prescribed to cure can be prevented in the first place by eating right, getting some exercise and trying to reduce stress. A huge amount of our diseases either do not exist or are barely present in other parts of the world (heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke...Google "diseases of poverty" and "diseases of the affluent").

Please realize that we are on the same side here, my issue is forcing me to eat GMO's (by hiding them) which I doubt are safe for me or the environment, and your issue is loved ones being sold snake oil drugs that can have serious and deadly side effects.

You previously said that we would not have walked on the moon if we always stressed extrreme safety, but the folks who did walk there knowingly and voluntairily assumed the risk.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a risk to everything,,,even a bar of soap on the shower floor..Or that ejection seat in a fighter plain not operating properly. But we are getting off track,,About engineered food,,,,I dont see the risk...I,m getting the propper nutriants and not growing a third leg.

There is a risk to everything,,,even a bar of soap on the shower floor..Or that ejection seat in a fighter plain not operating properly. But we are getting off track,,About engineered food,,,,I dont see the risk...I,m getting the propper nutriants and not growing a third leg.

Monsontao would love you.

We have had GMO's for 17 years and people are in worse health. It takes decades for diseases to destroy people. In the 1950's 300 hearts of healthy 20 years olds killed in Korea were studied and every one of them showed signes of onset of coronary disease. But the heart attacks do not start until they are in their 40's (that number is comming down).

Here is the risk:

• Thousands of sheep, buffalo, and goats in India died after grazing on Bt cotton plants
  • Mice eating GM corn for the long term had fewer, and smaller, babies
  • More than half the babies of mother rats fed GM soy died within three weeks, and were smaller
  • ******** cells of mice and rats on a GM soy change significantly (NOTE: I am quite fond of my testicles the way that they are and do not see the need to have them change).
  • By the third generation, most GM soy-fed hamsters lost the ability to have babies
  • Rodents fed GM corn and soy showed immune system responses and signs of toxicity
  • Cooked GM soy contains as much as 7-times the amount of a known soy allergen
  • Soy allergies skyrocketed by 50% in the UK, soon after GM soy was introduced
  • The stomach lining of rats fed GM potatoes showed excessive cell growth, a condition that may lead to cancer.
  • Studies showed organ lesions, altered liver and pancreas cells, changed enzyme levels, etc.

Food gets a pass with the FDA because it is natural and does not require the rigors of testing that drugs require. "Vitamin supplement" companies use this same loophole because once
something is called a drug it must undergo significant testing.

But GMO is food, with a huge loophole called "substantial equivalence" so there is very little testing requirements. Where do you think the "substantial equivalent" loophole came from? No lobbying right?

Even if it was approved by the FDA after testing we should not have an issue, right? Chantix was approved by the FDA, so it is safe right?

Do you really trust these companies? Really? This is the same crop of people who told us cigarettes are safe, fatty foods do not cause heart disease, cars are not the cause of smog, ***'s are responsible and will take care of our well being, and Wall Street should be "self policed" because you can trust them (they pushed this after the crash of 2008).

Americans are a mess, just look around. Fast food and preparred food have destroyed people in my lifetime. Most people my age are just falling apart. Now we have a new low being being forced on us.

On a positive note I found a local farm that has great produce. I actually did a bunch of water rights work in the area. We are looking forward to going there.

Several centureys ago when none of these modern meds and GM or high tech food processes or anything in so called modern times,,,,THE LIFE SPAN WAS 30 YEARS,,,How old are you ??????? The older you get the better chance youl pick up some disease that will kill you,,,Step into any modern hospital your chance of getting infected by MERSA bugs .... But you are living proof youv outlasted your ancesters,,

Several centureys ago when none of these modern meds and GM or high tech food processes or anything in so called modern times,,,,THE LIFE SPAN WAS 20 YEARS,,,How old are you ??????? The older you get the better chance youl pick up some disease that will kill you,,,Step into any modern hospital your chance of getting infected by MERSA bugs .... But you are living proof youv outlasted your ancesters,,

Well, I guess you are saying that we live longer so why care at all. If that works for you, OK, but I seem to have to pay really high health insurance and I never go to the doctor or take any pills.

As far as living longer, read up on the people of Abkhasia, Vilcambamba, Hunza and Okinawa. None of our modern technology at all. Each of these 4 cultures eats extremely well, gets exercise and have positive social interaction and they regularly live to be 90 to 100+ years (any way beyond) and in great health until the very end. Not in the very least like old people here. No heart disease, cancer, ostioperosis, obesity, diabetes or any of the other "diseases of affluence" and they do not have any of our technology (except Okinawa now has it).

Note that in Okinawa the younger folks are adpoting our western ways and getting all of the dieaeses that go along with it (blows the whole genetics argument away). It is not unusual for people to attend the funeral of the grandkids or grat grandkids nowadays. But at least you can get a fast food hamburger and some fried chicken there now.

Seriously, read up on this, it may be a positive life changing experience. It is really true. I promise and I would feel good if I can be a positive influence.

Every tuesday I play cards at the Nutrition Center witha a sweet lady ,,She,s 102..I,m the youngest in that crowed,, So yes we all hope to reach that age,,,But it aint gonna happin,,, I almost died last sept,,docs gave me 20%,,But i pulled through,,,I wont go into details,,We all die of something,,We cant get out of this world alive,, ...But dont worry about engineered foods killing you,,The SKY IS,NT FALLING,,,your chances of getting killed crossing the street are greater..

That's an interesting point of view Maron, but consider that your exposure to GM foods is a lot less than what it's going to be for my children. We're wholesale poisoning our food chain -- but it's all good.

Then there's that thing with the bees, and we're being assured by all the big thinkers that there isn't any connection between GM plants and the possible extinction of an insect that could result in our starvation.

No one will be able to do anything that matters. Corporations run everything now and if you don''t believe that, they have you right where they want you. No one has the stomach for what it will ultimately take.

Corporations are in the same boat as the rest of us,,That would be suacide for them as well..The corralation of the Bee problem has other facters and pestasides is only a small part of the problem,,,clearing away there natural habitat,,and african bee species have also takin there toll,,But if you want bees,,I have a few thousand here you can have,,I live near Mark Twain Lake in northern Mo.. Plenty of bees here,,Plenty of farmland,,Plenty of grazeland for cattle,,,Plenty of hunting woods here,,As far a corporations I love them,,,I worked for one with a population of 65,000,,Spreading billions of dollers in paychecks to the community,,Its the same city that Monsanto resides....... Take another DRAG on your cigarette DEAN,,,You know what that got you,,

BillyBob,,,, There you go,,,New job openings,,Pollinating by hand...You can dance through the Tulips pollinating the flowers,,The Balled Eagles here by the lake are plentyfull and enjoy swooping down catching fish,,,I put on a MAHLER record RESSURECTION turn up thr volume,,The deer look up,,Redtail Hawks take flight,,I hear cows mooing in the fields,,,I,m glad to enjoy another day,,,After my serious illness last Sept. I,m glad to still be here another day,,,I have better things to do than a fear of plant engineering,,Thats not killing us, Everybody,Chill Out..!!

BillyBob,,,, There you go,,,New job openings,,Pollinating by hand...You can dance through the Tulips pollinating the flowers,,The Balled Eagles here by the lake are plentyfull and enjoy swooping down catching fish,,,I put on a MAHLER record RESSURECTION turn up thr volume,,The deer look up,,Redtail Hawks take flight,,I hear cows mooing in the fields,,,I,m glad to enjoy another day,,,After my serious illness last Sept. I,m glad to still be here another day,,,I have better things to do than a fear of plant engineering,,Thats not killing us, Everybody,Chill Out..!!

I wish you well and all the best *Maron, enjoy! Sounds like paradise.

The world will be left to the younger folks to take up any battle that they please. Information is a powerful thing to have. What they end up doing with it we are witnessing now. I have so many other fish to fry now, I cannot keep up with it.

There is always time to stop and smell the roses, as my dear old mom used to say.

That's an interesting point of view Maron, but consider that your exposure to GM foods is a lot less than what it's going to be for my children. We're wholesale poisoning our food chain

Dean hit on a very valid point here, namely that it is the succeeding generations of life on the planet which are likely to bear the brunt of the GMO onslaught. Maron, you may still be alive because of the relatively few years during which you have consumed GMO foods. The children, who will be consuming these foods for decades, are a whole different story. Add to that the fact that kids are now subjected to forced vaccines (no, I'm not getting into that issue again) which, in combination with the GMO foods, may result in horrific consequences. The issue is that no one has any idea what is going to happen, and whether ingestion of GMO foods will ultimately result in DNA changes in all life which may be catastrophic. What we do know is that autism, ADHD/ADD rates, and food allergies are skyrocketing, and it's not because of better diagnostic tools. There are many theories about that, but nothing definitive has surfaced. Parents who want to take GMO foods out of their child's diet are unable to do so because of the non-disclosure rulings. My wife has been a special ed teacher for decades and the issues she's had to deal with in recent years have exceeded anything previously experienced. In addition, these young children are showing signs of definite immune system dysfunction as evidenced by greatly increased numbers of illnesses and unexplained fevers. Is it from the GMO foods? Who knows, but wouldn't it be correct to allow parents to eliminate them as an experiment? So, again, it's about choice and the fact that it is being taken away at every possible opportunity.

special ed teacher,,,I find it odd more sp ed teacher are spotting this and not the parents,,,My wife is a clinical psycotherapist and wonders about many missdiagnoses in that field,,or is it because its mostly transaxial anyalasis misscalculation,,,Which is formed at an early age......Its also odd that a early friend of Paul Klipsch,,,The scientist George Ashworth who worked at Monsanto,,,Georg Ashworth never mentioned to me what he was doing at Monsanto...HHiimmm !!! Do you suppose ???? George only had one job in his life and it was Monsanto,,and then he retired from that company,,,HHimmmm ,,,NAHHHH its not possible,,,Could it ?????

special ed teacher,,,I find it odd more sp ed teacher are spotting this and not the parents,,,My wife is a clinical psycotherapist and wonders about many missdiagnoses in that field,,or is it because its mostly transaxial anyalasis misscalculation,,,Which is formed at an early age......

Perhaps things are different in your area, but here teachers are prohibited from making such diagnoses. The diagnoses are made by pediatricians who are also board certified in pediatric neuro-developmental disorders. Many parents are absolutely clueless, or in denial, that their child's behavior may be indicative of those issues and are shocked when the diagnosis is presented to them. But thanks to our early intervention programs, taught by dedicated professionals like my wife, many of the kids can be helped to various degrees. And trust me, teachers who have spent their life working with children having neuro-developmental issues are far more able to spot potential issues than parents. Anyway, enough discussion on this for me! If you want to continue, drop me an email and we can go back and forth without taking up valuable forum space--- Maynard

Corporations are in the same boat as the rest of us,,That would be suacide for them as well..The corralation of the Bee problem has other facters and pestasides is only a small part of the problem,,,clearing away there natural habitat,,and african bee species have also takin there toll,,But if you want bees,,I have a few thousand here you can have,,I live near Mark Twain Lake in northern Mo.. Plenty of bees here,,Plenty of farmland,,Plenty of grazeland for cattle,,,Plenty of hunting woods here,,As far a corporations I love them,,,I worked for one with a population of 65,000,,Spreading billions of dollers in paychecks to the community,,Its the same city that Monsanto resides....... Take another DRAG on your cigarette DEAN,,,You know what that got you,,

Unchecked greed blinds those who pursue it. Corporations have mutated so that the next quarter's profit and the high-up's golden parachute is all that matters, no long term incentive. The bailout starting in 2008 should have been corporate suicide, but they were able to obtain all of the benefit at our expense.

If the view out of your window is so perfect, I'm sure it will stay that way forever, just don't do anything. You mentioned grazing cattle. Go vist if CAFO (Concentrated animal feeding operation) and you will look at those grazing cows differently. The meat that we all have eaten is from animlas that live in conditions that makes them sick, so they are loaded with antibiotics to make it until they are slaughtered. One of the slaughterhouses for a major burger chain (you guess who) has a rule that 5% of the cows can still be conscious when skinned and dismembered, but the actual number is much higher. I was riding by farmland yesterday and it was a nice site to see animals grazing in open fields.

It just gets worse and worse and GMO foods will be a huge log on the camels back amongst the straws.

It is great to see a discussion such as this on an audio forum. It seems to me that the vast majority of people are not exposed to a lot of the information that this thread contains, and exposure to such may create a larger discussion in their lives.

I hope this thread continues to take up valuable forum space and continues to grow.I am glad I read it.

I am not as articulate or as knowledgable on these topics as most of the people who have contributed, but I have changed my diet and have started treating this planet kinder many moons ago because I started to think

mark