Monsanto Protection Act

tube fanatic

So Maron, is it your view that mass experimentation, which could possibly end all life on the planet, is an acceptable risk? Not picking, but just curious. And if it is your view, do you support suppression of information which would at least let individuals decide if they want to participate in the experiment?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the PBS Case Western Reserve Origins Professors Lectures program on GMO's they require more water and more fertilizer than conventional seed and will not work in most of the world because they have small water supplies. Once the Western aquifur runs out in 20 years (it's half depleted now} we will be in deep doo doo unless salinzation becomes cheaper. I wrote several "E" mails to all the Governors along the Mississippi stating we should follow the example of the Chinese by routing floodwaters to different parts of the country instead of letting it flow back into the ocean. That Western Aquifur would fill up in one spring flood.

JJK

According to the PBS Case Western Reserve Origins Professors Lectures program on GMO's they require more water and more fertilizer than conventional seed and will not work in most of the world because they have small water supplies. Once the Western aquifur runs out in 20 years (it's half depleted now} we will be in deep doo doo unless salinzation becomes cheaper. I wrote several "E" mails to all the Governors along the Mississippi stating we should follow the example of the Chinese by routing floodwaters to different parts of the country instead of letting it flow back into the ocean. That Western Aquifur would fill up in one spring flood.

JJK

You're not the only one with that idea. I think we've even discussed it on this forum before. A national water collection/distribution system makes so much sense It's no wonder it's not getting done. It won't until the cost benefit equation guarantees someone wealth on the scale of off the charts. This should be one of those projects like the interstate highway system. Like the interstates, maybe we will have to wait for someone else to do it first before the will exists to do it. We can pump oil and gas all over the place and no one wants to waste it, hopefully it won't be too late when water is dealt with the same way.

Debeers thought they had the diamond market locked in,,Thr Russions now make a better engineered diamond with less flaws,,Bringing the price down,,New sources of engineered grain are now competing,,,Some from Canada,,The Canadian Govt now has leveled the playing field with new laws.

The original thread was about laws that take the decision out of our hands and issues with the fact that you cannot label food as "non-gmo."

Enjoy all of the GMO foods that you like, you are free to do so, but I really do want to be able to make my own decision about whether I will eat it or not.

Your a bit late for that,,,

OK, then to answer your question, I used to be an engineer and we made mistakes all of the time as we are human. Moreover, we were contstantly pressured to cut corners or "put a band aid on it" and get it done for as little as possible, we can deal with consequenses later. I'm sure that Monsanto falls into this category. And the stakes are so high with this. The things that I designed were not living and could not reproduce and mutate.

I too was in engineering,,,But stressed extreem safety in protecting the individual,,,But someone still died,,,We would not have walked on the moon if we allways setressed extreem safety,,

Who cares !!!! put pressure on your political REP,,to change the laws,,Organize people to put pressure to right a wrong,,THATS YOUR RESPONSABILITY,,,I,m too old to carry that torch..

If you want to fight the GOOD fight,,,Stop the DRUG adds on TV,,,They are more dangerous than the TOBACCO companys,,People are actually dieing useing those products,,,Our family just had an expierience with CHANTIX,,,To control smoking habit,,,That relative Was dead on arrival with that drug,,CHANTIX caused his toungue to swell,,CHOAKING him to death,,We outlaw tobacco adds,,,But the drugs to prevent tobacco use are even worse,,,The FDA is corrupt,,

But the drugs to prevent tobacco use are even worse,,,The FDA is corrupt,,

To quote your own advice.... Who cares? Write your legislator.

Seriously, I agree with you that the FDA is corrupt. If you want people to care about your concerns, you need to show some solidarity when they want your support, too. Why should they care about your concerns when you don't care about theirs?

The drug companies have way more money than the gun lobby... and they are killing far more people, too.

Yep. The best a person can do is try to learn what their doctors are giving to them and to know they have a right to say, "no" or to limit the amount. Most people seem to ingest anything because a doctor says so.

The points made about the FDA (which exists solely to protect the financial interests of the pharmaceutical industry) are very well taken as well as Maron's comments about the drug ads in our media (many countries do not allow such advertising.) In regard to the earlier comments on bee colony collapse, I just saw this piece:

http://weather.yahoo.com/feds-many-causes-dramatic-bee-disappearance-152605922.html

If you want to fight the GOOD fight,,,Stop the DRUG adds on TV,,,They are more dangerous than the TOBACCO companys,,People are actually dieing useing those products,,,Our family just had an expierience with CHANTIX,,,To control smoking habit,,,That relative Was dead on arrival with that drug,,CHANTIX caused his toungue to swell,,CHOAKING him to death,,We outlaw tobacco adds,,,But the drugs to prevent tobacco use are even worse,,,The FDA is corrupt,,

Sorry to hear about your relative. I tried it for a week and decided to stop taking it.

You'd think that the list of side effects at the end of the drug ads would be enough to keep people from using them. We've got drugs to make your eye lashes grow for pete's sake. Possible side effects include eye pain, loss of vision, swelling of the face or tongue?????? People still buy the crap if they can get a Dr. to perscribe it.

Know this is getting off but, you would think that a drug for your depression may not likely cause depression. And the warnings on the drugs are an endless list. That should raise a few flags. It would be funny if not so serious.

You'd think that the list of side effects at the end of the drug ads would be enough to keep people from using them. We've got drugs to make your eye lashes grow for pete's sake. Possible side effects include eye pain, loss of vision, swelling of the face or tongue?????? People still buy the crap if they can get a Dr. to perscribe it.