DJ'ing a friends wedding this weekend

wuzzzer

Second 'gig' this year. Will be fun to stretch the Chorus' legs. The couple was originally going to have their cousin use his mini component system for the dance. They brought it there and set it up. The venue is huge. His component system didn't quite cut it. Not in the least. In a panic, the mother of the groom called me and begged to borrow my stuff. I told her I'd be happy to set it all up and run everything. Should be a fun time.

• Moderators

the mother of the groom called me and begged to borrow my stuff. I told her I'd be happy to set it all up and run everything.

Very smart to run it yourself, it's fun and you couldn't really trust anyone else to run it anyway.

Have fun [8] I did it a few times 35 years ago, last time was for my best friends wedding, I met my wife that night.

( I know your married) [:D]

I trust very few people with my stereo equipment. At least if something goes wrong when I'm in charge I only have myself to blame.

I think I'm going to learn the Electric Slide and give it a try. Hopefully my wife won't laugh too hard at me. [:$]

• Moderators

I met my wife that night.

( I know your married) Big Smile

He's probably not interested in you anyway...Angel

Couldn't blame him at all.............it just goes to show be VERY careful doing these things, dangerous things can happen. [:o]

It's fun to bring the tunes, especially when you are bringing excellent sound to the room.

electric slide? is that a line dance?

Yep, pretty basic one. I have two left feet though so I'm never comfortable with anything except the standard slow dances. We shall see!

They had 90% of the music picked out including the order they want the songs played. Fair enough - makes my job a lot easier. After going through the list, there's going to be a LOT of Michael Buble, Hall & Oates and Def Leppard played. Must be their favorite bands. The Beer Barrel Polka will probably be the most entertaining dance to watch.

• Moderators

That might be some tough music to dance to, if possible try to bring some yourself so if things get fired up a little you would be ready with something a little different to get people moving. That may be there favorites but I am sure they want to get people dancing and just want everybody to have a good time.

Strange but even some of the older cheesy pop dance songs tend to still be popular with crowds once they loosen up.

Have fun.

Man that was fun! The louder I cranked the speakers the better they sounded. And for anyone who has ever said that Chorus' don't have any bass you should have been at the dance tonight! I only had the bass set to +2 on my receiver. I had a ton of people compliment me on the music selection and also how good the speakers sound. Couple guys there were Klipsch guys - one has a pair of original RF-7s and another has a smaller KG 5.1 system.

The speakers really filled the entire place with great sound. I ended up getting off work early so I was able to go to the both the wedding and the reception and have plenty of time to set everything up. The bride's cousin is getting married in September. I wonder if they have a DJ picked out yet...