Future RSW-15 II

Tremors

Verna and I bought our RSW-15 in 2004 for $1,800 when we purchased our entire RF-7-based, 7.1 system. We bought it from a local stereo shop in Dearborn, Michigan that was a Klipsch dealer. Unfortunately, the place is now gone. We absolutely LOVE our RSW-15 and vote in favor of a new Klipsch RSW-15 II! -Glenn

bought it from a local stereo shop in Dearborn, Michigan that was a Klipsch dealer. Unfortunately, the place is now gone.

My local Klipsch dealer has shut down as well. It's sad that a city the size of Houston, TX doesn't have a Klipsch dealer that has a demo room.

I am sure the BM retail shops were tired of customers comming in, using their sales staff and their equipment for demos and the customer turn right around and order everything online or give a big box store the business. It seems that a good percentage of consumers have lost a good percentage of their integrity. I know that is a blanket statement and doesn't apply to many here but is seems specialty shops(like shops that carry klipsch speakers) will become an endangered species in the near future.

I am sure the BM retail shops were tired of customers comming in, using their sales staff and their equipment for demos and the customer turn right around and order everything online or give a big box store the business. It seems that a good percentage of consumers have lost a good percentage of their integrity. I know that is a blanket statement and doesn't apply to many here but is seems specialty shops(like shops that carry klipsch speakers) will become an endangered species in the near future.

Yes...in my case I offered $1400 while buying a complete 7 set. I actually liked my local guy and bought everything but the 15 from him. The several hundred I saved online went to my grandkids which are slightly more important. Klipsch was just out of line with the 15 pricing and I am a huge fan of the rsw15 but fair is fair. The rsw 15 should have retailed for $1299, and sold for about a Grand, just my opinion.People will buy local for a little more, for 35% they will go where ever they can. This is money we are talking about, you know it don't come easy.I will agree with the idea that it's bad biz not to support local BM just to save a dollar or two.

I am sure the BM retail shops were tired of customers comming in, using their sales staff and their equipment for demos and the customer turn right around and order everything online or give a big box store the business.

I always made it a point to buy from a brick and mortar dealer, after listening. This is getting harder and harder to do. Where can you go to hear Klipschorns, Jubs, even Heresy IIIs? There used to be at least 6 places in San Francisco/Oakland/Berkeley to go to hear Heritage; they were Berkeley Custom Electronics, Pro Audio, The Good Guys, The Listening Post, Christopher's Audio, Poor Richard. One could directly compare them to a great variety of competitors, from JBL to B&W. You see what I picked.

Some manufacturers will sell their stuff online, but won't allow online discounts -- I think that Marantz does this -- to protect B&M dealers. That works because at a B&M you don't have any shipping to pay. Others won't ship to you if there is a B&M dealer within 50 or so miles. Doesn't Klipsch do this with some models?

As to the RSW 15 it should be re-issued at a more affordable price -- or improved.

• 2 weeks later...

I just joined the RSW family about a month and a half ago....RSW-12..[Y]......I will definitely put both hands up for an RSW-15 and both legs in the air for an RSW-18.....An 18 would slay in this configuration.....My bedroom walls say NO!!!!..but the kid at heart says YEEESSSS!!!!!!