On The Cusp of a Classic Thebesian Dilemma

thebes

Wuss. Spin that $hit.

Now they've taken to questioning my manhood. Like my mother, and every other woman on the planet, didn't take that from me the day I was born.

Looks like I'll be running my fingernail down some NOS vinyl comes the weekend. Should I let Craig watch?

I think you should save them and not open them.

Instead, go out and buy the remastered CDs of each and play those. Everyone knows digital music sounds better than vinyl. You might as well hear them like they were meant to sound.[6][;)]

The joy of opening an old record that has been sealed for that long is too glorious a moment to relinquish to anyone else........It's like opening a small time capsule. I love to revel in the smell and texture of an old sealed record after I open it, and knowing for just that record I'm the first person since it was made to do so. Slipping out that nice glassy black vinyl, admiring the beautiful sonic grooves pressed into it. Reading all the info on the A and B sides .Then softly laying it down on the player ....hitting that button and watching it spin.... It's almost like hearing the band for the first time when you open an old sealed record. It gives you a better sense of how great the music really was...It lets you feel like your discovering those songs for the first time...And every time you spin it after that it always holds a special place over the other records, which always makes it sound just a little sweeter....

Wuss. Spin that $hit.

Now they've taken to questioning my manhood. Like my mother, and every other woman on the planet, didn't take that from me the day I was born.

Looks like I'll be running my fingernail down some NOS vinyl comes the weekend. Should I let Craig watch?

Manhood restored!

(we want pics or it didn't happen[6])

I think you should save them and not open them.

Instead, go out and buy the remastered CDs of each and play those. Everyone knows digital music sounds better than vinyl. You might as well hear them like they were meant to sound.DevilWink

I feel you are poking me with a pointed stick [:D] Who is this everyone of which you speak?

But only vinyl will live through an electro magnetic pulse [6]

You can do whatever you want but you can't make cd's sound better than vinyl. there I said it.

Tonight's the night. All albums spun will be virgin, still sealed. Starting out with Bill Blue "Givin Good Boys a Bad Name, rock/blues circa 1980.

You can do whatever you want but you can't make cd's sound better than vinyl. there I said it.

Tonight's the night. All albums spun will be virgin, still sealed. Starting out with Bill Blue "Givin Good Boys a Bad Name, rock/blues circa 1980.

photo f9a31413-10d5-4ebf-a5bc-2b40a99a1635.jpg

Hey Boxx, Right This Minute's down here tonight.

Just deflowered after 30 years, Herb Albert, "Blow Your Own Horn" , 1983. Outside edge is warped which can happen to albums over time as the shrink wrap shrinks. Not a Herb fan, but so far this one's pretty good, and very well recorded. I also have a special place in my heart for trumpet players, having tried it and failed miserably.

On to the main course, Kool and the Gang, "spirit of the Boogie, publlished by De-Lite Rcords, 1975. Not perfect songwriting on some cuts, but this album is funk is what funk is all about.

One last stop before I head off into musically realms so exotic and fraught with danger that no mere mortal audiophiles may follow.

Gentleman take your hats off to the funkist grooves in the nation:

Funkadelic, "One Nation Under A Groove",