Maron's Banned? What The Hell For...

thebes

...???????

Stupid, mutter, mutter, place is getting more boring by the minute, mutter, mutter, Right This Minute exiled, mutter, mutter, next thing yo know Fini won't be allowed to end a thread, mutter, mutter...

I,m here in a reincarnated new form,,,,Born anew,,,,,,Thebes had a brainfart,,,,BUT I almost died if blood clots,, in both lungs and left leg,,,7 days in intensive care,,,..Had 20% chance of making it,,,,,24 hour care by a great DOC and great nurse care,,,Couldnt get air into my lungs,,,Wife had to drive me 14 miles to rondivu with ambulance,,Then another 30 miles to the hospital,,,Helicopter couldn't reach me out in the country,,too many trees,,in the way...,,,,,,MARON

Edited by ZAKO

Holy cow Maron; you've been through the ringer!

My mother went through a similar experience where her journey started with a wheelbarrow trip across a swinging bridge. She was having a major MI and didn't get proper treatment for a long time. It was wheelbarrow -> car trip to Webster County General -> morphine because they didn't diagnose the MI, -> helicopter trip to Charleston Area Medical Center, -> then finally the tPA shot. When I finally got to her, she looked grey. Thank God she survived, but it made me wonder WHY DOES STUFF LIKE THIS HAPPEN WHEN YOU ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. Since then, my parents have been reluctant to go anyplace far from top quality medical help. I don't blame them.

Edited by mustang guy

I'll have you know I read about Maron's banning in the BS section, which as you know, is a place where only the truth is told.

Maron, sounds like you had a really, really scary time, and I'm glad you are coming through it OK.

To help speed your recovery , I'm dispatching The Twins to your side. Wait until you see them in their Candy Striper uniforms! Granted, I do think the hemlines are way too high...

Slap!

Slap!

...er, um I mean the hemlines are just right. I must be misremembering the last time they wore these. It was for a visit to a nursing home. Seven male Octogenarians expired right on the spot. I'm sure the diagnosis of over-excited tickers in all cases was simply a reporting error.

Be well my friend.

With pulmonary embolisms you can easily get air into your lungs but the blood that courses the lungs is blocked or miss matched so badly (by the blood clot) that you do not exchange gases with the air breathed in...... and you fail at achieving external respiration. They can most certainly be fatal. Glad it all worked out.

Glad you're on the mend. I had a bunch of clots after an accident. They installed a stainless mesh in my aorta to catch clots. It was in so long that they decided to just leave it. Had to take lots of rat poison too.

Thebes has been running amok and really should be banned but I'd be scared of his reincarnation.

Edited by sputnik