FS: KPT MCM Grand 3 and extra MWM's unloaded

jwc

Please don’t email me or call about items listed or items that you know I have and “may list”. Just post that you “PM” me regarding the item you are interested in purchasing. Ask all you want about the item and I will post back in the thread.

I'm selling stuff as I'm moving. I will have one audio room and that's it.

I’m doing this sale in this manner as the last time I posted for sale stuff…..I got confused on who got dibs first and I basically got mixed up on who was who.

4 double stacked MWMs. No woofers. Wiring intact with terminal plates and fuse. The fuses need changed. One MWM is missing the cap for the fuse capsule. One MWM is missing the red plastic "screw on" for the speaker wire....which can be replaced at Parts express for cheap. They are with no handles as these were a permanent install version...like the new pair I have now. They have the Klipsch painted logo on the front which looks cool. They need cleaning and painting but could be left as is if new owner doesn't care. Also needs new screws for the woofer mounting and the woofer chamber cover. The foam rubber seals on the front cover are all good.

$800 for all 4 (you need 8 woofers :). As is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KPT MCM Grand 3

http://www.klipsch.com/kpt-mcm-3-grand

Pair K402's with custom base better than the manufacture which is 'fixed". The ones I made are capable of changing the angle of the horn. NO driver. So the stand is "custom".

The last two photos show an upclose of the inside the throat. That bare looking area on both horns were like that when I got them. They don't show up when you are sitting in a listening position. I have a flash upclose to show the paint-like defect. The flash on the camera makes the defect look non-black but that isn't the case. It's black like the rest of the horn.

I never noticed they were there until one day I had a flashlight in there when I was making sure the installed compression driver was "flush".

Pair Xii with stock driver. This is the 12" woofer horn loaded tractrix module. Can't get these anymore.

Pair modern day MWMs loaded with stock woofers.

So basically this is the MCM Grand 3 except there is no compression driver. There isn't a passive. I had this system up and running as of this summer and has been unhooked for the move.

$1800. This is a steal folks. Sold as is though.

The photos below posted with show the Modern day cinema MWM's with the Xii's on top. The blue tape on the Xii's is the painters tape that was on there for the movers. In the middle of the room and in center between The Grand system is the 4 total empty MWM's. These are from the KP days not KPT. These were in a club in Maryland. I paid a driver to go up there and get them.

This stuff above is for pickup only. Takes 3-4 guys to pickup the loaded MWM's. If you work with me on pickup dates.....I can have some young bucks over here to load in your truck. You better have a big truck.

I prefer a mailed check in advance with clearance or Paypal plus 3%.

jc

post-14392-0-29740000-1383533599_thumb.j

post-14392-0-57460000-1383533611_thumb.j

post-14392-0-19780000-1383533632_thumb.j

post-14392-0-72140000-1383533646_thumb.j

post-14392-0-69700000-1383533671_thumb.j

Edited by jwc
  • Like 1

I already offered up these items to Kevin.... I guess he has enough for now?? :)

I'm keeping the top section off of the MCM Grand 4's. They will be part of my one room system with my custom dual 12" tractrix straight horns and 4 KPT 684's.

Everything else will be sold off slowly.

Hey JC,

You are doing something that I need to do......DOWNSIZE........! Just saw this as I have been off Forum for a while.......

The MCM 3 Grand is a great sounding system and will make someone a fantastic 2 channel or the beginnings of a huge Home Theater System .

Good luck on the sale and the move......!

• Like 1

Someone is going to get one heck of a deal. :)

I highly recommend buying a system with the XII mid-bass module if you are interested in an MCM-3 or 4 system. They are no longer available and sound better than the newly available KPT-305 mid-bass module. A 12" driver in the XII vs. an 8" driver in the 305.

Edited by mark1101

yes I do.

""""4 double stacked MWMs. No woofers. Wiring intact with terminal plates and fuse. The fuses need changed. One MWM is missing the cap for the fuse capsule. One MWM is missing the red plastic "screw on" for the speaker wire....which can be replaced at Parts express for cheap. They are with no handles as these were a permanent install version...like the new pair I have now. They have the Klipsch painted logo on the front which looks cool. They need cleaning and painting but could be left as is if new owner doesn't care. Also needs new screws for the woofer mounting and the woofer chamber cover. The foam rubber seals on the front cover are all good.

$800 for all 4 (you need 8 woofers :). As is.""""