Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

He looks so sleepy... and again the colors.

Forgot to mention previously the textures that show up in a good shot do a lot!! Just like the music I'm listening to so far today.

21 hours ago, JohnJ said:

He looks so sleepy... and again the colors.

Forgot to mention previously the textures that show up in a good shot do a lot!! Just like the music I'm listening to so far today.

I believe he was sleeping until he heard m move to get the camera. The lens used is an old manual focus pro level zoom,a 50-135mm f3.5 Nikon Ais. It renders particularly well both color and acutance. Camera is an older entry level digital that works far better than expected. This is the lens mounted to my F5. I have a 25-50mm f4 that I pair with it for carry around. Both perform very well and are chipped to work with electronic cameras.

DSC-4201.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sent the youngest daughter the majority of my old Domke bag full of Nikon gear before Xmas.  She's doing pretty well in Scottsdale and is just like I was.  Always on the move just doing more constructive things.  lol  I raped and pillaged where as, she's just rapin wallets in the business world.  😂 

I'll give ya a lil heads up.  Keep and eye on Taylor Swift's head @ the Super Bowl.  Either her or Andy Reid since it's his last game.  I'm guessin!   Don't say it.  4 years in a row w/Album of the Year???  51B$ world tour?  Flying in for the game from Japan then right out to Austrailia?  ANYthing she wants...  Might be for her tour too.  I dunno but it's insane.  :)

I've been trying to teach her how to shoot via text msgs and p;ointing her in the direction of a great photog in Phoenix I know. Hours on end texting and trying to guide her.  Drives me insane since I haven't touched my gear in 20 years.  lol  Couple F4's and an F5 with the manual fast lenses 28, 35, 50, 135 and 180.  She's been sharing some so thought I'd dump some of hers.  She's been working the Waste Management PGA tour stop in Phoenix for about 5 years.  Good ole #7 the local party hole.  Last week she got this one and was totally clueless. 

image.png  

About Wednesday she's gonna get a chunk of glass she's not expecting.  Sending her my 400 2.8 for the golf tourney.  Will keep her out of trouble w/the boys teeing off.  They won't hear a thing.  :)

She was in San Diego and sent me this w/the 28mm 2.8 so asked why didn't she go in and shoot up too?  lol  Never thought of it she said.  ha!

image.png

Then it was coffee & cars one Saturday morning in Scottsdale somewhere.  

image.png

image.png

image.png

:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2008-11-3_181832_3.jpg

I found many cool ideas for photos on depositphotos. There are so many cool pictures on different themes like maternity photoshoot images. Stock photos can save me a significant amount of time compared to organizing and conducting a photoshoot. They allow me to find the right image for your project quickly. Plus it is great source of inspiration for me.

Edited by heatnikki
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, this isn't mine, but another BBC winner (I think... can't locate it again). I did find numerous photos of polar bears in the wild, but none matched. I just love how they can sleep in those conditions.

FEATURED-IMAGE-TEMPLATE-2024-02-08T124746.390~2.jpg

• Like 4