Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

@the real Duke Spinner Upstate NY is crazy cool.  My neice and her husband lived up there in some lil burg btwn Watkins Glen and Ithaca.  She taught there for a few years while her husband was a T/A @ Cornell Law School.  Lived above some pizza shop in that lil burg on the cheap.  That pizza was fantastic!  They didn't eat much of it though cause living above the place kinda killed their taste buds.  lol

Guess that law school is one of the best ones.  He was always on the list to get in but the icing on the cake was he had to wait for one kid to drop so he could get into it.  When that happened and he didn't get in after three years workin for chump change he decided to come back to Ohio State and hit their law school.  So they're all back in the Cbus area now.  

We wound up hitting the falls and goin up river on some flat rock somewhere which was great and I wound up spending 175 @ some farmer's market on a hand made knotted recliner I hang from a tree in.  Like a cocoon but sleep like a baby.  Best 175 I ever spent on outdoor furniture.  Still goin strong 20 years later.  

Beautiful area for sure.

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

@JJkizak gotta remember those salamander's have rights too!  :)  Ya see em all over out West.  The balancing act completed by bored people out on the trails in the National Parks.  lol  Have to leave their mark somewhere I guess.  Beats destroying things that have been there for centuries.  The one's that do...  That's another story imo.

The Metroparks took the guy to court and he is forever banned from the parks. Also you cannot skip rocks across the water or take rocks home with you. You also cannot plant any kind of tree or plant.

JJK

• Like 1

I've got a couple I'll post... not really great pics, but they scare the willies out of me. They are vacations pics, but then I'm not normal. While the folks in this one don't look too crowded, I've seen tje same here in Manila with thirty to fifty cycles/scooter, weavin in and thru all the traffic. Saw some with no one wearing a helmet and small child in between the parents.

20230716_162122~2.jpg

• Like 5

Duke needs to see this too.

@the real Duke Spinner

I tried to get a pic at one traffic light yesterday, but missed it. Between 30-40 cycles facing us, all bunched up waiting for the light to change.

This is the way a lot of the utility poles look. I think a lot of this is fiber, but there's power stuck in there too. And it's not just in Manila like this.

20230715_1631532.thumb.jpg.6449458f9f05139ffd7a753f99c63477.jpg

20230715_163102~2.jpg

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I tried to get a pic at one traffic light yesterday, but missed it. Between 30-40 cycles facing us, all bunched up waiting for the light to change.

This is the way a lot of the utility poles look. I think a lot of this is fiber, but there's power stuck in there too. And it's not just in Manila like this.

20230715_163102~2.jpg

it´s done against all electrical safty regulations standards & laws we know ...unbelievable  , but somehow it works without causing many problems

• Like 2

On 7/16/2023 at 6:33 AM, MicroMara said:

it´s done against all electrical safty regulations standards & laws we know ...unbelievable  , but somehow it works without causing many problems

It's also weird to me because they use 220 vac / 60hz. A couple trips ago I was using a 1/2 inch electeic drill and it had what was a very small gauge power cord.

There are areas where there are all these small houses, one room with a tin roof kinda thing. The meters for maybe twelve or more houses are placed on a large sheet of plywood by the street, not at the residence. Lines then go back to the houses. This leads to people hooking cables onto others power lines to steal electricity. Besides the stealing, it's stupid and dangerous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2023 at 5:43 AM, Marvel said:

Duke needs to see this too.

@the real Duke Spinner

20230715_163102~2.jpg

I like the casual electric work. 😀

• 1 month later...

I took some pictures of a lightning storm Thursday, these are facing northwest from my porch. Just cell phone pictures, surprised they came out so good. Bad news, they started 19 wild fires in the area and one is only 14 miles from my house. The smoke. Ick! Lol.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             20230824_224120.thumb.jpg.21afbe3a3792d66c54a44656e30bbb6e.jpg20230824_224253.thumb.jpg.fb2af9793277ed724fa33d49ba430e79.jpg

• Like 5

On 7/16/2023 at 5:37 AM, Marvel said:

I've got a couple I'll post... not really great pics, but they scare the willies out of me. They are vacations pics, but then I'm not normal. While the folks in this one don't look too crowded, I've seen tje same here in Manila with thirty to fifty cycles/scooter, weavin in and thru all the traffic. Saw some with no one wearing a helmet and small child in between the parents.

20230716_162122~2.jpg

Yeouch. 🤙

• 5 weeks later...

I was trying to get some old photos together and realized how much better a lot of my older pictures were when I used a camera and not my cell phone. It may be also that I was shooting film and really needed to think about the shots before hitting the button. I hope Josh doesn't mind the pics of his mom.

Barbara_1974_2.jpg

Barbara_at_Len_and_Carol_Wedding_1974.jpg

Barbara_late_summer3_1973_2.jpg]

Barbara_late_summer9_1973.jpg

Barbara_June_1973_2.thumb.jpg.9954b2f0b0c19d8bcb3086e8fdae9e4b.jpg

• Like 6