Show us your great photography thread!

JL Sargent

Just got home from my eclipse chase.  Planned on Texas but ended up in Bloomington, IN.  Still processing my images but here is good sampling.  Tap an image for better resolution.

IMG_2836.jpeg

IMG_2836.jpeg

IMG_2871.jpeg

DSC_2629Sharpen.jpeg

DSC_2629Sharpen.jpeg

DSC_2636sharpen.jpeg

DSC_2634_1.jpeg

IMG_2886.jpeg

C3 Chromosphere no bead2754.jpeg

C3 Chromosphere no bead.jpeg

C3 Chromosphere bead 27682754.jpeg

C3 Chromosphere bead 27682754.jpeg

IMG_2856.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

Blocking the shop door. My wife stopped on our drive part way up, walked to our front door  and told me to look out back at the shop driveway.. (wanted me to get a pic or two)He was pretty accustomed to us around here as he ate everything in sight anyway.. Pig. He let me get very close for pics of him. A couple of summers ago. We have a lot of critters around here. He knew the season was not in session yet ☺️

_MG_3078t.jpg

• Like 3

A young Great Horned Owl posing on our fence. Another very close shot. When he was even younger, he almost took my hat off while I was working out back. I ducked just before he grabbed my hat. . I was wearing a grey one. Maybe thought a bunny on my head? Never seen anything like that before. Wife got a kick out of seeing that happen. Probably would have taken half my head off though to..  I didn't laugh at first...😃

_MG_5391-3t.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2024 at 11:16 PM, Mikekid said:

A young Great Horned Owl posing on our fence. Another very close shot. When he was even younger, he almost took my hat off while I was working out back. I ducked just before he grabbed my hat. . I was wearing a grey one. Maybe thought a bunny on my head? Never seen anything like that before. Wife got a kick out of seeing that happen. Probably would have taken half my head off though to..  I didn't laugh at first...😃

_MG_5391-3t.jpg

We had a golden retriever who didn't want to sleep inside when he was little, so he ended up being mostly an outdoor dog. He was on a pretty long cable run and had one of those igloo style dog houses.

One evening after it was dark I went out to love on him and put more water out. Right as I turned back to the house a Barred Owl was gliding right over me . He had a good 4.5 ft wingspan, and nary a sound as he went past. To say the least, it startled me.

We rarely saw them, but heard them often in the summer.

• Like 4

Sorry to see that, hope it doesn’t rain yeah you got a problem there I’ve been through something like your picture three or four times had a 93 Lincoln car some years back couldn’t keep a windshield in it. All black on black custom long top must’ve been an extra funeral car but what an omen. no more black Lincoln for me. Well good luck with it anyway I just think after you get it fixed you’ll come home and enjoy your stereo 😎